Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Why Blizzard have failed with the fundamental lore of WoW

that is Alliance and Horde.

forget goblins they came into the game late(WoW).

Alliance had gnomes which made them way advanced in technology wise compared to horde. just look at travel. e.g deeprum tram, skyships vs a trampy zeppelin.

if 100 chimpanzees had a fight against 100 humans, even in the jungle. humans would win because a machine gun and fighter jets along with strategic intelligence would be way to much for the primitive chimpanzees.

the alliance vs horde arc that continues until today would never of been an issue because the alliance would of wiped out the horde long ago had they really been at war.

The first war was between the nation of Stormwind and the Orcs. The Alliance wasn't formed until the second war, and by that time the Goblins were involved as well.

There was some tech disparity, but never anywhere remotely as big as you try to paint it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    You know, for some reason i actually expected something half interesting with this tittle. Im so unimpressed now.

The majority of fighting still happens with swords or axes (ie. melee), and Orcs have a much higher physical strength then humans, giving them an advantage in melee combat.

And when you go to the technology of the gnomes, and try to compare it with real-world equivalents, its basically one-shot muskets with slow reloads, in which time sword-fighting was still quite important if you managed to get close enough (ie. you weren't on a ship or something so the enemy couldn't get to you).

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    You know, for some reason i actually expected something half interesting with this tittle. Im so unimpressed now.
    lol yeah, i came here thinking i might have to do some work....
    then i noticed its dumbdruid and well...
    but the op allready shut themselves down so...

15+ Year Old Account
    This thread almost feels like clickbait...
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Worked out for the US during the Vietnam War.

Advanced technology is not always an insta-success

So much click-bait. Too much bullshit...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    lol yeah, i came here thinking i might have to do some work....
    then i noticed its dumbdruid and well...
    but the op allready shut themselves down so...
    posting just to vent your days frustration is derailing the thread, please don't comment if you have nothing constructive to add to the conversation.

would love to hear your views on thread topic though.

lmao, op forgot that the alliance, or the pieces that later made up the alliance, was falling apart due to being too spread out and suffering from idiots trying to fuck each other over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    lmao, op forgot that the alliance, or the pieces that later made up the alliance, was falling apart due to being too spread out and suffering from idiots trying to fuck each other over.
    I doubt you'll get more debate out of the OP but i'll humor him. I'd say the other kingdoms might of left but Lordaeron and Stormwind I'd say were ok. Don't matter though since it's a What if situation.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I doubt you'll get more debate out of the OP but i'll humor him. I'd say the other kingdoms might of left but Lordaeron and Stormwind I'd say were ok. Don't matter though since it's a What if situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The first war was between the nation of Stormwind and the Orcs. The Alliance wasn't formed until the second war, and by that time the Goblins were involved as well.

There was some tech disparity, but never anywhere remotely as big as you try to paint it.
    you all speak such nonsense jumping to this hasty conclusion. if you read 1st line of original post.

clearly says 'IN WOW'. when vanilla came out you had the alliance apart from monks and worgen. and horde apart from goblin and belfs.

this is not a discussion about warcraft...jeez.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Let's pretend Op wasnt doing anything but his old bait self

Gnomes had pretty much ruined themselves, their inventions have always been just as buggy as goblin tech in the first place, and they had to leave most of their things behind.

Between the Scourge, the Forsaken, the Orcs and trolls in Arathi and the Scarlet crusade the entire northen eastern kingdoms had been wiped out of major Alliance influence.

Onyxia caused civil unrest in stormwind and had majorly fucked them over.

Pound for pound Orcs trolls and tauren are hilariously superior to humans and other Alliance forces,Forsaken are extremely hard to kill with normal weapons.

NIght elves are busy dealing with orcs and the sickness of the world tree

Dwarves are busy fighting the dark irons and the Frostwolves.

So pretty much, there is almost no technological advantage that the Alliance really had back then because magic (druids/shamans >machines)

But calling the Horde "chimpanzees" tells me I just wasted time typing this out.

not even bringing up there were such things as horde and Goblin engineers before the Bilgewater joined the Horde.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    you all speak such nonsense jumping to this hasty conclusion. if you read 1st line of original post.

clearly says 'IN WOW'. when vanilla came out you had the alliance apart from monks and worgen. and horde apart from goblin and belfs.

this is not a discussion about warcraft...jeez.
    alright...

then you're looking at a decimated alliance that was shambled together due to the events of post warcraft. their greatest fleet locked away yet to be seen or... later destroyed due to world scale cataclysmic events. The greatest source of magical might? removed and no longer in the 'alliance'. The greatest tech? can't cross the distances required to really deal with the major threats of this presumed all out war.

Those big ass sky ships? not present in any real amount until there was ONE for northrend expedition. Others were made later but not many have been completed. The gyrocopters? No established max distance has been stated, though it's highly unlikely they are crossing the oceans on their own.

Also if it's a post WoW days thing... the undead immortal hordes of whatever... while not limitless are too much of an expenditure to really deal with by teh living since they could litterally just hole themselves up in a deep, well, hole. While doing that they could just render the above ground and surrounding area near uninhabitable by the living and send up scouts and skirmishers destroying supply lines. Night elves? wth would they bother joining in? Just go back into their ancestral lands and hold fast. Not like the alliance high command can get there without crossing the entire fucking battle front or circumnavigating the world to be all "What's up bitches!" to crack teh whip.

Tauren and Orcs, small in number... BIG in size. get either angry and that chimp analogy is more like angry super mutant gorillas that can rip a human in 2 bare handed... never mind that in martial training those orcs are probably sporting far more years of actual combat than basically any member of the alliance fighting forces.

Honesty... a PRE-WoW Warcraft 'Alliance' would be better for your argument. Not the broken mass of people who agreed to stick together afterwards and lost the best parts to the stupid #plot that is neutrality.

posting just to vent your days frustration is derailing the thread, please don't comment if you have nothing constructive to add to the conversation.

would love to hear your views on thread topic though.
    the horde have massive strength, and by the time the gnomes and their tech joined the alliance ,the goblins and their tech had joined the horde
    also the alliance is against using "nukes" like the horde has....
    also when the war first started gnomregan had its issue ,the gnomes were allmost wiped out, there is not much they could have, or would have done

Deleted
    alright...

then you're looking at a decimated alliance that was shambled together due to the events of post warcraft. their greatest fleet locked away yet to be seen or... later destroyed due to world scale cataclysmic events. The greatest source of magical might? removed and no longer in the 'alliance'. The greatest tech? can't cross the distances required to really deal with the major threats of this presumed all out war.

Those big ass sky ships? not present in any real amount until there was ONE for northrend expedition. Others were made later but not many have been completed. The gyrocopters? No established max distance has been stated, though it's highly unlikely they are crossing the oceans on their own.

Also if it's a post WoW days thing... the undead immortal hordes of whatever... while not limitless are too much of an expenditure to really deal with by teh living since they could litterally just hole themselves up in a deep, well, hole. While doing that they could just render the above ground and surrounding area near uninhabitable by the living and send up scouts and skirmishers destroying supply lines. Night elves? wth would they bother joining in? Just go back into their ancestral lands and hold fast. Not like the alliance high command can get there without crossing the entire fucking battle front or circumnavigating the world to be all "What's up bitches!" to crack teh whip.

Tauren and Orcs, small in number... BIG in size. get either angry and that chimp analogy is more like angry super mutant gorillas that can rip a human in 2 bare handed... never mind that in martial training those orcs are probably sporting far more years of actual combat than basically any member of the alliance fighting forces.

Honesty... a PRE-WoW Warcraft 'Alliance' would be better for your argument. Not the broken mass of people who agreed to stick together afterwards and lost the best parts to the stupid #plot that is neutrality.
    if you gave a 10 year old a machine gun and told him how to use it then made him fight a gorilla, guess what i know you like movies and fantasy but in real life, that baby kills the gorilla everytime. ao big in size is not even a remotely viable argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    the horde have massive strength, and by the time the gnomes and their tech joined the alliance ,the goblins and their tech had joined the horde
    also the alliance is against using "nukes" like the horde has....
    also when the war first started gnomregan had its issue ,the gnomes were allmost wiped out, there is not much they could have, or would have done
    please see 1st post about timelines. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Pound for pound Orcs trolls and tauren are hilariously superior to humans and other Alliance forces,Forsaken are extremely hard to kill with normal weapons.
    this sooo much this.

Humans have one edge over most the other races, numbers. And even then... most of those numbers are more like Billy Maclure and less like Admiral Taylor.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    if you gave a 10 year old a machine gun and told him how to use it then made him fight a gorilla, guess what i know you like movies and fantasy but in real life, that baby kills the gorilla everytime. ao big in size is not even a remotely viable argument.
    Except the Gorilla is just as smart or smarter than you..... So its going to ambush and kill you.

Also machine guns have never been common in WoW, coming up with stupid comparisons does nothing for this troll post, other than make it obvious.

lol you don't even know the timelines and you expect others to stick to it? Alliance didn't have any large airships till Wrath, and the Horde did too by then. Skyriders and batriders can match out Gryphons and Gyrocopters.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-01-15 at 01:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

except in wow that machine gun has a 40% chance to backfire and blow up in the user's hands and the gorilla still has enough durability to eat a few rounds as they crush the gunner's skull and use the newfound improvised weapon to beat the previously living gunner's brother to death so they can continue specializing in dual corpse wielding. It's an advance skill progression but you never run out of weapons if you do it right.

Your timeline appears to be "Vanilla WoW," yet the Alliance had no airships up until WotLK. At that point, the Horde had armed airships as well.