There are situations where Indomitable is better for survivability, as I have outlined in my guide; but in general yeah Devastator is superior for survivability (for the reasons stated in the guide).
    Macrologia (expert on Protection Warrior and Guardian Druid)

Skyhold

Dreamgrove

Where do you stand on +2% Armor vs +2% IP relics? I know the common consensus is IP all the way, but with 54 traits & no 25% from Indom (although extra IP casts over all), is it still the clear winner?

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Where do you stand on +2% Armor vs +2% IP relics? I know the common consensus is IP all the way, but with 54 traits & no 25% from Indom (although extra IP casts over all), is it still the clear winner?
    Go for revenge damage like a champ. Our survivability is not an issue and there are 3 revenge relics in NH. :P

At the same ilvl, armour is far stronger for physical damage, and most damage is physical damage
    Macrologia (expert on Protection Warrior and Guardian Druid)

Skyhold

Dreamgrove

Quote Originally Posted by Lysozyme View Post
    At the same ilvl, armour is far stronger for physical damage, and most damage is physical damage
    I figured as much. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylunaria View Post
    Go for revenge damage like a champ. Our survivability is not an issue and there are 3 revenge relics in NH. :P
    I've played as an all out DPS tank for long enough, haha. Wish we had some sort of offensive/defensive combo relic like we did wth Shatter the Bones (RIP).

10+ Year Old Account
    ..and if you are even so inclined I stream my game play most of the time so that you can nitpick my mistakes.
    Could you please tell me the name of the Addon for IP you use? That yellow bubble thing in the centre of the screen. Have seen it when you did the court of stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    Could you please tell me the name of the Addon for IP you use? That yellow bubble thing in the centre of the screen. Have seen it when you did the court of stars.
    It's just a custom made WeakAura.

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks a lot like Slootbags weakaura's go check his switch.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just a custom made WeakAura.
    Thanks for the info

I have indeed seen a survivability buff with Devastator. SB uptime is very high, and I get big juicy IPs especially when several Slams proc.

Deleted
    I'm not fully conviced to use Devastor, tried it multiple times and in most cases it feels like a total survibality loss for me.
    The IP's are really small (400-500k per) maybe I'm doing something completly wrong.

I did some M+ this week with the new talent and yesterday I got beaten really hard in MoS 10 (extra trash dmg this week in Eu).

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ureka/advanced

Some advices on Gear?
    The other problem could be that I did the +10 and +11 with round about 400k dps DD's overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Catharyn View Post
    I'm not fully conviced to use Devastor, tried it multiple times and in most cases it feels like a total survibality loss for me.
    The IP's are really small (400-500k per) maybe I'm doing something completly wrong.

I did some M+ this week with the new talent and yesterday I got beaten really hard in MoS 10 (extra trash dmg this week in Eu).

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ureka/advanced

Some advices on Gear?
    The other problem could be that I did the +10 and +11 with round about 400k dps DD's overall.
    I have similar gear to yours and I'm breezing easily through 10-12 mythics. Have done many mythics this week on eu too and never had any problems. More to it I didn't even felt the -aggro affix at all compared to previous runs.

This is definitely not a gear problem.

Deleted
    If I wanna do most DPS as Prot are Sephuz and Kakushan's the best legendaries for that?

Quote Originally Posted by MithosX View Post
    If I wanna do most DPS as Prot are Sephuz and Kakushan's the best legendaries for that?
    Kakushan's is definitely one. Not sure how Sephuz stacks up the trinket, but I'd assume it comes out ahead on single target.

Sephuz's only problem is that it doesn't work on bosses (well, 90% of them), but on trash it's your best choice besides obvious gloves.

15+ Year Old Account
    People were having too much fun, better bring out the nerfbat:

Warrior

Protection

Charge, Devastate, Devastator, Heroic Throw, Ravager, Shield Slam, Victory Rush, and Deep Wounds damage reduced by 5%.
    Revenge and Thunder Clap damage reduced by 14%.

I'm really not happy with this. The rotation / priority already feels a lot less fluid than it did pre 7.1.5 but atleast we had a dps buff, now that's taking a hit too. Overall I really feel shafted compared to the core kit we had at the end of WoD or even the end of MoP.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    People were having too much fun, better bring out the nerfbat:

Warrior

Protection

Charge, Devastate, Devastator, Heroic Throw, Ravager, Shield Slam, Victory Rush, and Deep Wounds damage reduced by 5%.
    Revenge and Thunder Clap damage reduced by 14%.

I'm really not happy with this. The rotation / priority already feels a lot less fluid than it did pre 7.1.5 but atleast we had a dps buff, now that's taking a hit too. Overall I really feel shafted compared to the core kit we had at the end of WoD or even the end of MoP.
    Luckily, those nerfs didn´t decrease our survivability. As stated in the other thread, dedicated to the post patch nerfs, our damage was kinda out of controle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even with that nerf we'll still have a lot more DPS than we did before 7.15.

Question of the day, indomitable or devostator for heroic NH on tuesday?? I imagine devo will prolly play best if used perfectly but managing a swing timer and rotation along with new boss mechanics seems like a nightmare.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mac9891 View Post
    Question of the day, indomitable or devostator for heroic NH on tuesday?? I imagine devo will prolly play best if used perfectly but managing a swing timer and rotation along with new boss mechanics seems like a nightmare.
    You kinda answered your own question. If you feel uncomfortable with option A, take option B. If you have the expectation of yourself to perform as good as possible, get comfortable with option A.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.