Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is that... Portal ON THE SUPER NINTENDO????!

Edit: oooh it makes a lot more sense now, it's a video played back by the Super Nintendo. Still, impressive as fuck. A 1990's console running a 2007 game is worthy of a Nobel prize.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2017-01-14 at 08:47 PM.

And for a moment i was worried the Tasbot crew wouldn't let Twitch Chat do something... I was wrong, that dinosaur colored with twitch emotes is looking great.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's scary what you can do when you start hacking a bunch of consoles. 2 NES playing audio streams and 1 SNES playing a video stream, geez.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark Souls games are cursed for all eternity.

Runner is also extremely bad.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Dark Souls games are cursed for all eternity.

Runner is also extremely bad.
    He's usually quite a good runner, especially in his previous runs. He seems.... off today. Either way great watching all week. Some 'odd' games were ran with next-to-no crowds. But done better than some of the bigger games.

Re Tasbot - I wish they would do some more amazing runs than some of the while-awesome, less game stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim32 View Post
    He's usually quite a good runner, especially in his previous runs. He seems.... off today. Either way great watching all week. Some 'odd' games were ran with next-to-no crowds. But done better than some of the bigger games.

Re Tasbot - I wish they would do some more amazing runs than some of the while-awesome, less game stuff.
    My favorite stuff I saw from TASbot was Mario Kart 64. I don't wanna see these weird hacks, I wanna see legitimately frame-perfect everything runs.

10+ Year Old Account

There are dozens better DS3 runners than him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hes not the best runner, but hes generally far more entertaining than some imo.

However that said, that ending he definitely was emotional going in. That is going to affect his ability waaay too much. Since normally hes not like this in his runs.

Edit: For people that didn't watch at the end, he had Hodgkin's Lymphoma when he was 17 (so 5 years ago), and it was in remission for two years but resurfaced two years later. Then when he was in the hospital during the second time he was basically watching AGDQ 2013 that year and after watching the Dark Souls run it became something he wanted to do. So 4 years later he finally gets to do what he wanted. Now hes in remission, which is great.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2017-01-14 at 10:57 PM.

Wow, 1.5Mil raised. They raised what 12-14k in 4 minutes during Windwaker. Impressive!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, 1.5Mil raised. They raised what 12-14k in 4 minutes during Windwaker. Impressive!
    You can blame the Bandai Namco pack for that. $125 for a chance to get a DS3 game, Yhorm statue, Collectors edition of like 5 games, one of ten limited leather god eater jacket, and some other stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    You can blame the Bandai Namco pack for that. $125 for a chance to get a DS3 game, Yhorm statue, Collectors edition of like 5 games, one of ten limited leather god eater jacket, and some other stuff...
    If I remember correctly, they did the same thing at the end of the last one. Raised a shit ton of money at the end with a big prize giveaway to break one million, and I think to get a Super Mario 64 run incentive.

They just broke 2 million in donations at this AGDQ and over 10million total across all of them.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    How did that happen? When I went to bed last night, they didn't even break 1 million.

Deleted
    with all the findings I made from 20 minutes of simple research i'll be watching but never support the event, 100% does NOT go to the charity (technically it does but PCF takes money out of that and pays the higher ups a significant sum of money to the higher ups of AGDQ [like mike for example]), a ton of core runners were banned or straight out told no with no reasoning behind it, even 1 run that had a ton of breakthroughs within the last 6 months making the run extremely entertaining to watch, but the biggest reason is there support for prevention does not leave the US, and being from the EU its not me saying "screw america u deserve cancer" more along the lines of "if i'm gonna support an event THIS BIG, I expect you to support the world equally"

My 2 cent's

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    How did that happen? When I went to bed last night, they didn't even break 1 million.
    They got some insane donations. They was about 40k away from 2mil and I looked away for 5-10min's came back and they hit 2mil.

The guy who made Undertale donated 10k I do believe as well.

They are now at 2.1mil
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1004 View Post
    with all the findings I made from 20 minutes of simple research i'll be watching but never support the event, 100% does NOT go to the charity (technically it does but PCF takes money out of that and pays the higher ups a significant sum of money to the higher ups of AGDQ [like mike for example]), a ton of core runners were banned or straight out told no with no reasoning behind it, even 1 run that had a ton of breakthroughs within the last 6 months making the run extremely entertaining to watch, but the biggest reason is there support for prevention does not leave the US, and being from the EU its not me saying "screw america u deserve cancer" more along the lines of "if i'm gonna support an event THIS BIG, I expect you to support the world equally"

My 2 cent's
    It's sad though, cause three years ago GDQs were more modest and less strict. It's why some people quote ESA (European Speedrunner Assembly) as a comparison and much prefer it, me included. It really started becoming a problem when they started a LLC company and used it as the entity for these events. It started to become less of a fun charity event into a no nonsense event. They burned a lot of bridges with old speed runners and even their former staff before like Rom Scout. Spike Vegeta also noted how different the feeling is between ESA and the current GDQ is now during last year's ESA that he attended.

Well, there had to be *some* drama.

Guy on couch calls audience cancer and tells them to kill themselves because of Waluigi "Wah" noises:

https://clips.twitch.tv/gamesdonequi...nailNinjaTroll

10+ Year Old Account
    If you've payed attention, multiple times by Anaconda and Behemoth gave either silence gestures (audience can see it, the TVs are the same feed we see), or straight up asking others to. It didn't work.

Just start here, and you can tell all the runners were getting annoyed.
    https://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick...71?t=37h12m28s
    40m mark when Anaconda is doing Botwoon you see a clear silence gesture being made. These were made a couple of times afterwards.

Now, telling them to kill themselves is a definite no no and should've been better worded. The staff also should've definitely done something when the runners keep giving the signal to be quiet, I've criticized them for being a hard ass yes, but even without being a hard ass they should've done something cause it's interfering with the runners. Time to be strict doesn't really dawn on the staff properly. Other people were clearly annoyed also and that worsens the experience of the stream for others. It also sours the entire experience for anyone that likes rewatching these. I know I don't want to rewatch this even without that outburst. The waluigi shit is annoying to go through. Cause honestly, this was a good race but the audience ruined it.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2017-01-15 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    Well, there had to be *some* drama.

Guy on couch calls audience cancer and tells them to kill themselves because of Waluigi "Wah" noises:

https://clips.twitch.tv/gamesdonequi...nailNinjaTroll
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    If you've payed attention, multiple times by Anaconda and Behemoth gave either silence gestures (audience can see it, the TVs are the same feed we see), or straight up asking others to. It didn't work.

Just start here, and you can tell all the runners were getting annoyed.
    https://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick...71?t=37h12m28s
    40m mark when Anaconda is doing Botwoon you see a clear silence gesture being made. These were made a couple of times afterwards.

Now, telling them to kill themselves is a definite no no and should've been better worded. The staff also should've definitely done something when the runners keep giving the signal to be quiet, I've criticized them for being a hard ass yes, but even without being a hard ass they should've done something cause it's interfering with the runners. Time to be strict doesn't really dawn on the staff properly. Other people were clearly annoyed also and that worsens the experience of the stream for others. It also sours the entire experience for anyone that likes rewatching these. I know I don't want to rewatch this even without that outburst. The waluigi shit is annoying to go through. Cause honestly, this was a good race but the audience ruined it.
    Lololol I already said in this thread that the audience is clearly autistic and ruins watching the stream. That was pretty annoying. I didn't watch that run but if I was trying to comment or listen to audio cues and the audience was making dumb noises I'd be bothered too.

Audience should have never gotten that big in the first place. Not with dumb teenagers or w/e, anyway. I like watching the very small rooms where it's obviously like 4 AM so barely anyone is up so it has a quiet but everyone-is-close feeling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup. Why I much prefer pre-2013 streams. Sure it's rudimentary, technical problems, etc etc, but at least the stream was fun and enjoyable to watch. Practically every audience member was a speed runner of some sort, whether they quit or still are. So they knew the magnitude of what they did. These audience though... no... pretty hopeless.