Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Disgaea and Dragon Quest is the only two Multiplat's in that list. Nether have a set in stone release date ether sadly. Unless you could Zelda and MK8 Delux...I personally don't, since its Multiplat with its older deader system.

Ya I'm selling my XB1 its a papper weight aka Gears of War Console....
    Disgaea is a pretty big "multiplat" to get in my opinion at this point, not due to popularity (Because it's still a semi-niche game), but because the only other platforms its touched is PC, and that's the older versions, and the first one was on the DS.

Disgaea 5 is the most recent, and from 3 on (Since 2 is hitting the PC at the end of the month), they're Sony exclusives.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    --snip--
    Because games like it don't do well on Xbox. Hell most games outside of shooters don't do well on Xbox.

This is also already a finished game, so they are just porting it to test the waters. Much easier to do then to make a new IP and waste a lot of money.

Its good but its also a old game like the majority of titles The Switch is getting this year.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Because games like it don't do well on Xbox. Hell most games outside of shooters don't do well on Xbox.

This is also already a finished game, so they are just porting it to test the waters. Much easier to do then to make a new IP and waste a lot of money.

Its good but its also a old game like the majority of titles The Switch is getting this year.
    That has nothing to do with the fact that it hasn't touched a Nintendo system in a long time.

That has nothing to do with the fact that it hasn't touched a Nintendo system in a long time.
    Good thing I didn't say why this series wasn't on a Nintendo system and I said why its not on Xbox.

The game/series has stayed on Sony platforms because it does better there. They tested the waters with a DS game and it clearly didn't do well enough to go back. They are testing the waters again with The Switch to see if its worth it.

Also once again its a already finished game they just have to port over. That is much cheaper on them then releasing a new IP. The majority of 3rd party games coming to The Switch are old ass titles that just have to be ported over.

Hey its almost like I have see this episode before, what was it again...... Right the Wii-U.
    1) Assassin't Creed
    2) Batman Arkham Asylum
    3) Injustice
    4) Mass Effect 3..
    And this list keep's going on for quite awhile.

Great The Switch has some 3rd party ports, the question is who is going to buy them? The system is limited stock and good chance whoever is buying a Switch also owns ether a PC or Console or Both. Also good chance they already own these games.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-01-15 at 02:06 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Good thing I didn't say why this series wasn't on a Nintendo system and I said why its not on Xbox.

The game/series has stayed on Sony platforms because it does better there. They tested the waters with a DS game and it clearly didn't do well enough to go back. They are testing the waters again with The Switch to see if its worth it.

Also once again its a already finished game they just have to port over. That is much cheaper on them then releasing a new IP. The majority of 3rd party games coming to The Switch are old ass titles that just have to be ported over.

Hey its almost like I have see this episode before, what was it again...... Right the Wii-U.
    1) Assassin't Creed
    2) Batman Arkham Asylum
    3) Injustice
    4) Mass Effect 3..
    And this list keep's going on for quite awhile.

Great The Switch has some 3rd party ports, the question is who is going to buy them? The system is limited stock and good chance whoever is buying a Switch also owns ether a PC or Console or Both. Also good chance they already own these games.
    Okay, so you acknowledged why it wasn't on Xbox, but that doesn't disprove what I said is my point.

I said "it's pretty big because it's a known exclusive for the most part" pretty much, and that's still my original point.

Also none of the games you listed are niche games like Disgaea. It's quite a different case.

Okay, so you acknowledged why it wasn't on Xbox, but that doesn't disprove what I said is my point.

I said "it's pretty big because it's a known exclusive for the most part" pretty much, and that's still my original point.

Also none of the games you listed are niche games like Disgaea. It's quite a different case.
    Congrat'z The Switch is getting a game that is on Ps4.

If those mainstream games didn't do well on the Wii-U, What makes you think a niche game on The Switch will do any better?

It doesn't matter how "Big" it is that its getting ported over. What matters is if it will sell well or not, good chance it won't since those who want it got it for Ps4. Will some buy it and try it? Sure. Will it sell enough to make them want to make more games for The Switch....... Not Likely.

That is my point, The 3rd party titles are old already released titles and those who want them got them.

I have a slight interest in Disgaea 5 (The vita one I played was fun). I own a Ps4 but lets say I owned a Switch as well, what platform do you think I would buy it for....Ill give you a hint it has a 4 in the title.

My point originally is like I said, the majority of 3rd party titles is old already released games. No matter how big of a deal some make may any of the port's be that fact doesn't change. Those who want these games have them and thanks to Nintendo limiting the supply the chances of them doing decent on The Switch is slim.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-01-15 at 02:18 AM.

Congrat'z The Switch is getting a game that is on Ps4.

If those mainstream games didn't do well on the Wii-U, What makes you think a niche game on The Switch will do any better?

It doesn't matter how "Big" it is that its getting ported over. What matters is if it will sell well or not, good chance it won't since those who want it got it for Ps4. Will some buy it and try it? Sure. Will it sell enough to make them want to make more games for The Switch....... Not Likely.

That is my point, The 3rd party titles are old already released titles and those who want them got them.

I have a slight interest in Disgaea 5 (The vita one I played was fun). I own a Ps4 but lets say I owned a Switch as well, what platform do you think I would buy it for....

Ill give you a hint it has a 4 in the title.
    It's the fact that the Switch is getting a niche title is my point. It's risky for them in a way.

It doesn't matter that you're not going to buy it for the Switch, I'm not going to either since I already own it for the PS4.

It's the fact that the Switch is getting a niche title is my point. It's risky for them in a way.

It doesn't matter that you're not going to buy it for the Switch, I'm not going to either since I already own it for the PS4.
    How risky is the question, Its just a simple port and not a new IP.

If it does bad and there is a likely chance it will then kiss any chance of more ports (or new ip's) goodbye. My whole original point is Nintendo is trying to keep The Switch alive this year using just a couple new titles and a fuck ton of old ports.

That is Wii-U 2.0

It didn't work then, So why does Nintendo think it will work now?

15+ Year Old Account
    How risky is the question, Its just a simple port and not a new IP.

If it does bad and there is a likely chance it will then kiss any chance of more ports (or new ip's) goodbye. My whole original point is Nintendo is trying to keep The Switch alive this year using just a couple new titles and a fuck ton of old ports.

That is Wii-U 2.0

It didn't work then, So why does Nintendo think it will work now?
    It's extremely risky because nis is at risk for shutting down due to the very low sales of their games. Also all the multiplats you listed were garbage triple A western ports that nobody wants because they are played in the first few weeks and forgotten like trash. Nintendo needs good 3rd party japanese support which they haven't gotten since snes and sort of the gamecube.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    It's extremely risky because nis is at risk for shutting down due to the very low sales of their games. Also all the multiplats you listed were garbage triple A western ports that nobody wants because they are played in the first few weeks and forgotten like trash. Nintendo needs good 3rd party japanese support which they haven't gotten since snes and sort of the gamecube.
    You realize there is a highly likely change Nintendo paided them to port that over correct?

Also they won't shutdown due to a lack of Nintendo Switch sells. There is NO 3RD PARTY company banking the success of there company on The Switch. Nintendo's first and 2nd party titles didn't do well ether.

Remember bayonetta 2, ya that wasn't a system seller ether. Nintendo's own first party titles didn't even sell the system well.

Edit: Xenoblade Chronicles X another game that didn't do well....
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-01-15 at 02:43 AM.

People fail to understand how huge portability that doesn't suck is. Plenty of people are willing to shell out $360 (Switch + Game) to play one of their favorite titles on the go. Hell, I'd easily spend $300+ to finally play SMRPG without an emulator (on my phone because that shit is whack) and not have to be at home, but that's just me praying that Nintendo comes to their senses and realizes they need to keep Wii/Wii-U Virtual Console libraries continuing on the Switch, or it will lose out on so much fucking potential. Seriously, it's not easy getting to play SNES and N64 games portable. Minus the few we have remade for the GBA-3DS, there's only a couple SNES games available for the N3DS VC.

I'd totally be fine with the Switch failing as a home console, as long as it nails the portability aspect. Not to mention with Nintendo finally going with a universal power port (USB-C), you can easily keep the thing going with power banks, so battery life is practically a non-existent issue to the educated. I feel like the Switch overall will likely fail in some aspects, but exceed expectations in others, and again, I'm sitting here hoping and praying my VC library will finally be allowed to be played on the go.

- - - Updated - - -

Nintendo's own first party titles didn't even sell the system well.
    Lol what first party titles were even on the fucking thing? Besides SM3DW, Smash 4, and Mario Kart 8, there weren't really anything too huge for the system. Other first party titles that could have been amazing were made into garbage their fans don't want, and they didn't seem to want to support their own system to begin with.

Seriously, I'm having a hard time coming up with first party titles in my head because there were so few, and the majority of them were shit that could have been amazing (Color Splash and Mario Party 10... /sigh)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    People fail to understand how huge portability that doesn't suck is. Plenty of people are willing to shell out $360 (Switch + Game) to play one of their favorite titles on the go. Hell, I'd easily spend $300+ to finally play SMRPG without an emulator (on my phone because that shit is whack) and not have to be at home, but that's just me praying that Nintendo comes to their senses and realizes they need to keep Wii/Wii-U Virtual Console libraries continuing on the Switch, or it will lose out on so much fucking potential. Seriously, it's not easy getting to play SNES and N64 games portable. Minus the few we have remade for the GBA-3DS, there's only a couple SNES games available for the N3DS VC.

I'd totally be fine with the Switch failing as a home console, as long as it nails the portability aspect. Not to mention with Nintendo finally going with a universal power port (USB-C), you can easily keep the thing going with power banks, so battery life is practically a non-existent issue to the educated. I feel like the Switch overall will likely fail in some aspects, but exceed expectations in others, and again, I'm sitting here hoping and praying my VC library will finally be allowed to be played on the go.
    The portability aspect is great until you realize it takes 3 hours to fully charge the system (Based on the DF video). So lets say someone wants to play BOTW on there Switch. That's 3 hours to charge and 3 hours of play, Sounds good even more so when you factor in the shitty battery life the VITA and 3DS have. Its high quality gaming in a mobile form.

All of that sounds good but here is the issue.

Nintendo is marketing this as a Home Console Wii-U replacement. They keep screaming in peoples face its a home console and sadly its a meh home console as it stands.

When you say its a home console it will be compared to Ps4,XB1 and The Wii-U. At its current price point there is no value there over the Ps4,XB1 and it feels like a repeat of the Wii-U.

The launch lineup is crap and its $400 for one game. The Wii-U launch line up was also shit and the whole 3rd party's are on board crap is the same song and dance we heard before.

To be honest what I think will hurt this system the most isn't the launch lineup (that will hurt tho), Its the lack of system's and what they announced about the Online.

Why play Splatoon 2 on The Switch and pay monthly when I can play the original on the Wii-U for free.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd totally be fine with the Switch failing as a home console, as long as it nails the portability aspect.
    You had a lot of good points but this part right here hits the nail on the head for me, that's exactly how I feel.

All they need to do is go hard with their Virtual Console and the Switch will be a success.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

You realize there is a highly likely change Nintendo paided them to port that over correct?

Also they won't shutdown due to a lack of Nintendo Switch sells. There is NO 3RD PARTY company banking the success of there company on The Switch. Nintendo's first and 2nd party titles didn't do well ether.

Remember bayonetta 2, ya that wasn't a system seller ether. Nintendo's own first party titles didn't even sell the system well.

Edit: Xenoblade Chronicles X another game that didn't do well....
    Are any of these companies at risk that you're comparing?

And you have no idea if they did pay them.

preordered a red and blue switch and zelda yesterday, gamestop only had 2 left when i got mine
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Seriously, I'm having a hard time coming up with first party titles in my head because there were so few, and the majority of them were shit that could have been amazing (Color Splash and Mario Party 10... /sigh)
    The list....

1)Yoshi's Woolly World
    2) Wind Waker HD
    3) Twilight Princess HD
    4) Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
    5) Super Mario 3D World
    6) Super Mario Maker
    7) New Super Mario/Luigi U
    8) Splatoon
    9) Super Smash Bros. Wii-U
    10) Mario Kart 8
    11) Mario Party 10
    12) Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
    13) Pikmin 3
    14) Pokken Tournament (was made by Bandai Games but its a Pokemon IP)
    15) Xenoblade Chronicles X

There is more....
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-01-15 at 03:13 AM.

only thing im pissed off about is having to pay for online. wouldnt mind if they actually went through with a ps+ or games with gold type system but one nes or snes game that i can only play for a month is bullshit when sony and microsoft give me like 6 free games i keep for as long as im subscribed
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Are any of these companies at risk that you're comparing?

And you have no idea if they did pay them.
    Is NIS America/Nippon Ichi? You know the Publisher/Developer of Disgaea 5. If not then what is your point? Because I have only seen someone claim they was but didn't provide any source to prove it.

Also you don't know that they didn't ether. Its likely they did even more so if NIS America/Nippon Ichi are in trouble because why risk ur company on a unknown system when they could just port to XB1/PC.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-01-15 at 03:05 AM.

Is NIS America/Nippon Ichi? You know the Publisher/Developer of Disgaea 5. If not then what is your point? Because I have only seen someone claim they was but didn't provide any source to prove it.

Also you don't know that they didn't ether. Its likely they did even more so if NIS America/Nippon Ichi are in trouble because why risk ur company on a unknown system when they could just port to XB1/PC.
    They did mention it at one point, but it was more of a dark humor joke.

That being said, they're still a niche company in general, and it's still a risky choice for them.

Lastly, you're the one to claim they were being paid. You would need to support that, rather than claim absence of evidence is proof.

Lastly, you're the one to claim they were being paid. You would need to support that, rather than claim absence of evidence is proof.
    I said it was likely, I never said it was 100%. Its my opinion that Nintendo is ether paying them or in some way helping them with the port. I never made it a 100% factual claim so I don't need to provide evidence of anything.

Can you prove there not? What was a Sony exclusive title is getting a port to a unknown system and you are really going to sit there and say there isn't a chance they payed in some way for the port?
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-01-15 at 03:23 AM.