Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    They already are. Disc Priest is the only Hybrid class left in the game. Fistweaver Monk is kinda meh in damage. But the rest of the classes have had most healing / off tanking / utility pruned away. Other healing classes have had most damage capability reduced greatly.

Shadow Priest isn't a hybrid class its a damage class.
    Except that shadow priest isn't a class nor is discipline, they're both a spec for the priest class. The priest class is a hybrid since it can heal and dps. The only non-hybrid classes are mage, lock, rogue & hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Balefulxd View Post
    First time in the Xpac that blood DK is "close" in DPS to pala or druid tank spec -> 40% blooddrinker nerf. Oook.
    you really think they would ever allow us to perform in any way as good as the "real" tank specs? They prefer leaving us with two meh talent and a 33% nerfed heartbreaker in row 1,blood DKs are not allowed to be competitive since 6.0(even if everyone still thinks we're OP because we top the healing meters,without taking account of the fact that we need that healing to survive)

Deleted
    8% for hunters... wtf? there should be more than 24-27%...

I hope I will see another one or two guys "leaveing" Blizzard post. Someone has to go that is for sure.
    Last edited by mmocfd328e0b6e; 2017-01-15 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Bm is thoroughly challenging and rewarding.
    How in any way are they challenging?

Glad I cancelled my sub 2 months ago. Endless cycle of Blizz fucking up and being like oh dont worry it'll be fine by ________. What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    Why should hunters get a "24-27%" buff? I don't understand the mentality that "my class could never be near the bottom!" Why not? In a list, someone is always last. Sad fact, but if everyone is not exactly the same, then someone is last. Cry me a river.
    Someone has to be last? Would you be happy if all three of your specs were last? Why can one of the specs not be reasonably good?

Its not about Hunters DPS but more about the boring and lacking rotation. MM now is arcane spam ... a rotation which using ur procs is a dps loss... lol stupid blizz

Quote Originally Posted by maorel View Post
    Its not about Hunters DPS but more about the boring and lacking rotation. MM now is arcane spam ... a rotation which using ur procs is a dps loss... lol stupid blizz
    spamming one button is hunter class fantasy

Cast Icon Windburst from as far away as possible.
    Activate Trueshot Icon Trueshot while Icon Windburst is still flying.
    Cast Aimed Shot once.
    Cast Arcane Shot once.
    Cast Aimed Shot 3 times..
    Cast Arcane Shot once
    Cast Marked Shot.
    Cast Arcane Shot once.
    Cast Aimed Shot twice. (3 times with Bloodlust)\
    Thats the whole rotation

Someone needs to inform Blizzard that class tuning is not rocket science, because good god those hunter balancing changes are underwhelming to say the least.

This is what the patch notes should say and someone should pass it on to Blizz. Even these changes changes willl, if anything, only make Hunter's competitive in single target and aoe should they so choose to take that path, smooth out their rotation and reduce awkwardness when target switching.

- Arcane Shot: No longer on the GCD
    - Multi Shot: No longer on the GCD and grants 2 focus, increasing by 2 for each target hit maximum of 10 targets
    - Arcane Shot and Multi Shot each have a 50% chance to apply hunter's mark
    - Windburst: DMG increased by 100%, cooldown reduced by 50%, now increases your movement speed by 30% and that of all allies within 5 yards for 5 seconds.
    - Vulnerable lasts 7 seconds increases only the damage of your aimed shot by 100% flat dmg, and now stacks.
    - Talents reworked, lvl 60 talents give you an option of 3 different castable shots applicable to different playstyles and situations, lvl 30 talents change the way the way that you apply hunter's mark and vulnerable to targets and effect your playstyle for aoe or single target play.
    - New Talent, lvl 60: Venomous Shots, your multi shot and aimed shot also affllict the target with Cobra's Venom, dealing 150% of their dmg as nature dmg over 10 seconds, successive casts reset this effect and do not stack
    - Sentinel is now a level 30 talent. Sentinel: 2 Charges, lasts 10 seconds, 40 second recharge time. When 3 or more targets are present casting Multi Shot has a 100% chance to apply hunter's mark to all target's hit.
    - Black Arrow: Damage increased by 250%, no longer spawns a minion to taunt the target
    - Careful Aim Reworked: Successfully casting aimed shot at least 2 times while effected by vulnerable refreshes vulnerable on all targets hit.
    - Patient Sniper: Old effect removed, new effect - casting aimed shot while a target is effected by vulnerable increases the dmg of aimed shot, marked shot and windburst by 25% stacking up to 4 times.
    - Trueshot: Old version removed, new effect: casting aimed shot 2 times in a row increases haste by 30% for 15 seconds
    - Lock and Load: Old talent removed, new version baseline (passive): your aimed shot, windburst and marked shot critical strikes have a 20% chance to proc Lock and Load, making your next 2 aimed shots instant, castable while moving and cost no focus.
    - Piercing Shot: Removed
    - Trick Shot: Reworked: Aimed Shot will now ricochet and hit all other vulnerable targets for 100% of normal dmg
    New Talent: LVL 100 Piercing Shots - The first aimed shot you cast on your main target applies a bleed, dealing 20% of it's dmg over 10 seconds. This effect stacks, and successive aimed shots marked shots and windburst increase the dmg of the bleed by 10%, up to 50% maximum dmg. If the bleed fallls off the target before it dies, a 15 seconds cooldown occurs before it can be reapplied.
    - Artifact Traits Reworked: Rapid Killing now increases your critical strike dmg by 100% when targets are at or below 20% health. Bullseye: Your damaging shots increase your critical strike chance by 6% for 4 seconds, stacking up to 5 times. Quick Shots: Increases the haste granted by trueshot by 5/10/15 seconds.

What MM needs is consistent reliable, sustained damage, target switching should not be a dramatic loss in dps, some burst should be in there but it should be a reward for good play instead of an "I Win" button. To compensate our lack of on demand at a moment's notice burst, we need a stronger execute. I have bene finding that even classes such as WW Monks and Ret paladins are capable of far more dmg on bosses including Wrath of Azshara where our execute is available for the entire fight.

Hunter's also need some kind of consistent dot, more opportunities for instant casts and to move as far away as possible from the current reliance on RNG as possible. We need our talent trees to be more streamlined and give options that can dramatically change the spec to focus more on aoe or single target as needed (or desired) from encounter to encounter, as it currently is spec options are limited to extremely clunky single target, single target with clunky aoe, and aoe but at a significant loss of single target damage. So where do the problems begin? Well the fact is that Trueshot can be incredibly ridiculous in AOE situations, but it is a completely awful burst cd for single target, it should be reworked into something along the lines of slice and dice because A) it would fit much more into the current interation of MM and B) hunter's simply don't do good damage without it. Focus generation even under trueshot is lackluster without sidewinders, so that ought to be fixed to compensate for the significantly lower dmg of arcane shot/multi shot. And hunter's mark is still far too much of an rng thing where you find yourself too often unable to apply vulnerable to targets at all. I think with the other changes taken into consideration this would balance the spec without changing too much, and make us competitive without potentially making us overpowered.

The fact is that Trueshot in some scenarios IS incredibly OP in close quarter aoe situations, to the tune that you can literally just sit there spamming multi shot and marked shot for the duration for 3mil+ dps, the tier set bonuses and general single target viability are far too reliant on a CD that is just not particularly good for single target dmg, and there is far too much dps down time when either you have to move or switch targets and it needs to be fixed to even make MM a fun and rewarding spec, let alone one that does competitive dps or remotely lives up to the "class fantasy'.

Those changes I described here would also open the door for more exciting and diverse legendaries as opposed to the current batch of "if you do not have these legendaries your dps will suck". Cuz newsflash: the only hunters staying at the top for MM right now have BIS single target legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by maorel View Post
    Cast Icon Windburst from as far away as possible.
    Activate Trueshot Icon Trueshot while Icon Windburst is still flying.
    Cast Aimed Shot once.
    Cast Arcane Shot once.
    Cast Aimed Shot 3 times..
    Cast Arcane Shot once
    Cast Marked Shot.
    Cast Arcane Shot once.
    Cast Aimed Shot twice. (3 times with Bloodlust)\
    Thats the whole rotation
    That's the opener, not the whole "rotation".

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Months of PTR testing and complaints about Hunter changes wasn't enough for them. They had to "see results" for a week of raiding to realize they fucked hunters too hard? Gee whiz thanks. Probably won't be enough to be anywhere near top but whatever.
    this has been the long standing problem since WOD. They invite people to beta and PTR realms get loads of feedback and never listen. As other poster wrote
    doing these changes just 4 days into a patch is laughable. Its clear they aren't taking any notice of feedback and maybe more worrying are any of them actually playing,
    surely they would have seen the issues with Various classes doing that alone

Once they get numbers from Nighthold, I'm sure things will change. Just wait two weeks. Also, some classes scale well and others don't, so with gear I'm sure it's going to make things shift around. They may of balanced numbers based off what heroic Nighthold would put classes.

Deleted
    KJ burning wish ftw. Juat got this 2 days it was decent but 55 % ?Rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    Why should hunters get a "24-27%" buff? I don't understand the mentality that "my class could never be near the bottom!" Why not? In a list, someone is always last. Sad fact, but if everyone is not exactly the same, then someone is last. Cry me a river.
    Given that one specific list -- shadow priests need a nerf and everyone else can stay the same. Something like a 10% difference is reasonable and to be expected. As much as 30% difference overall? I'd easily call that not reasonable.
    You compare the highest (ceiling) and the lowest (floor) and if the difference is significant then that's a problem.The discrepancy seems highest at the ceiling than the floor.

I could see an argument against hunters needed a small buff but not one against shadow priests needing a nerf to normalize the data.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Someone needs to inform Blizzard that class tuning is not rocket science, because good god those hunter balancing changes are underwhelming to say the least.

The classes are never going to be completely balanced unless you make them all the same.
    Except for a few specs they seem to be pretty balanced.

Doesn't make it easier, that they have to balance around the legendaries too..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    Given that one specific list -- shadow priests need a nerf and everyone else can stay the same. Something like a 10% difference is reasonable and to be expected. As much as 30% difference overall? I'd easily call that not reasonable.
    You compare the highest (ceiling) and the lowest (floor) and if the difference is significant then that's a problem.The discrepancy seems highest at the ceiling than the floor.

I could see an argument against hunters needed a small buff but not one against shadow priests needing a nerf to normalize the data.
    You all need to learn what you are saying before calling out nerfs and shit. I see every one linking logs about Shadow Priest on Emerald Nightmare. Dude. It's the end of the raid, every good guild is doing every boss on less than 3 min, and, even from a dev point of view, whatever your spec is, you can't beat a SPriest on S2M on such a short fight. That's the principle. Though we will still do OK at NightHold due to the heavy adds fight, our mono was good and will now be mid-tier. The nerf on that wasn't needed, as usual. Logs are irrelevant until NH, and you only rage because you see logs without even understanding it.

I feel like part of the problem is how strong our 2/4pc look in NH likely boosting our dps tons.. now if it boosts others tons as well then forget about what I said.

That said it's bad design if that's what they're banking on

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamo View Post
    You all need to learn what you are saying before calling out nerfs and shit. I see every one linking logs about Shadow Priest on Emerald Nightmare. Dude. It's the end of the raid, every good guild is doing every boss on less than 3 min, and, even from a dev point of view, whatever your spec is, you can't beat a SPriest on S2M on such a short fight. That's the principle. Though we will still do OK at NightHold due to the heavy adds fight, our mono was good and will now be mid-tier. The nerf on that wasn't needed, as usual. Logs are irrelevant until NH, and you only rage because you see logs without even understanding it.
    Yeah...the EN fights are combination of boss, adds, movement (1 exception) ToV fights are combination of movement, boss adds (1 exception) but NH should be different.....ohh wait..no

Deleted
    Fine tuning pass ??
    There are numbers in there for more than 40% , at this stage this is embarrassing to say the least .
    These so called devs are really clueless ,and should try playing all classes/specs before releasing their final "balance" numbers .