Page 90 of 113 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Good update for 7.1.5, personally I'm loving the Demonic build and it being somewhat easier imo makes it my go to choice all the time and with the First Blood talent you can always squeeze in two Death Sweeps during the Demonic window and they hit like trucks especially with higher mastery!

Hopefully we wont get any big nerfs with these upcoming balance hotfixes so we'll stay strong when NH opens

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCoco View Post
    Good update for 7.1.5, personally I'm loving the Demonic build and it being somewhat easier imo makes it my go to choice all the time and with the First Blood talent you can always squeeze in two Death Sweeps during the Demonic window and they hit like trucks especially with higher mastery!

Hopefully we wont get any big nerfs with these upcoming balance hotfixes so we'll stay strong when NH opens
    Mastery doesn't affect your death sweeps as they do physical damage rather than chaos. In fact, for me at least, in a first blood/demonic build mastery is actually my weakest stat by a fair margain.
    Demon Hunter Chakan [URL=https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/frostmourne/chàkan[/URL]
    Death Knight Eosforos [URL=https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/frostmourne/eosforos[/URL]

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChakanDH View Post
    Mastery doesn't affect your death sweeps as they do physical damage rather than chaos. In fact, for me at least, in a first blood/demonic build mastery is actually my weakest stat by a fair margain.
    Had to check for myself, but yes you are correct. Always thought it became Chaos dmg during meta

10+ Year Old Account
    Got a few more questions for you guys.

My current opener is fel rush - fel blade - Foti then Meta -> Normal priority rotation. It's something i just game up with myself considering I'm terrible with Simcraft, has someone worked out the perfect priority opener for a Single Target build (in the OP?)

Also, question regarding what I read in the OP. For the final tier of talents the OP says that Fel Barrage is likely a better choice for raiding while Chaos Blades is the best for pure single target encounters. At what point does a fight become strong for Fel Barrage and not "pure single target?" For example, ursoc has moments where two targets are readily available for cleave, but for the majority of the fight is "pure single target." The same can be said for Ren and Xavius, I suppose. Any input on when is best to draw the line?
    Kil'Jaeden - US

Thanks to Lilliputia for the amazing signature!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hotfixes removes 50% on Chaos Blades + 2% on all Havoc abilities. That's just fucking pathetic. And they're buffing Enhancement Shamans YET AGAIN? I dont get it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meanshield View Post
    Hotfixes removes 50% on Chaos Blades + 2% on all Havoc abilities. That's just fucking pathetic. And they're buffing Enhancement Shamans YET AGAIN? I dont get it.
    Have you seen the state of Enhancement now? Sure it was strong before but the 7.1.5 changes killed it.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    The DPS changes are minor at best. 2% is less than a brick in the wall and the Fel Mastery buff could end up making that much of a difference in the first place. Chaos Blades' auto attack change isn't breaking anything, the part we cared about more was the raw damage increase rather than the auto increase.

I think simming fel mastery to see if it beats out Felblade is a far more interesting question.

Omfg 2% nerf and autoattack NERF omfg , lets Kill BLizzard..............

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Knowing Blizzard, I was expecting something more drastic than a 2% nerf on all abilities and 25% nerf of ~6% of our damage.

This change gives me hope that we will not see the Blizzard-style nerfs that we faced in the past or that Blizzard will assess our performance in NH before further nerfing us.
    Last edited by Littlepwny; 2017-01-14 at 09:54 AM.

its making it difficult to figure out which play style to choose, i was just getting used to the fel blade thing, but im still confused as to what the hell to do with aoe heavy fights. my biggest question is, if i have the ring, when i pop meta, do i want to annil only using fel blade on cd and procs and blade dance on cd till out of meta? i personally liked the old play style and now in a very bad habit of fel rushing alot of and using glaives prolly too much as well. i have the ring and the belt so im just curious if i wanna be basically taking single target talents most of the time.

one other thing, this demonic build....im guessing this is purely aoe thing, maybe for mythic + or am i mistaken? havent tried it out yet so im not sure what to do with this build

Quote Originally Posted by Littlepwny View Post
    Knowing Blizzard, I was expecting something more drastic than a 2% nerf on all abilities and 25% nerf of ~6% of our damage.

This change gives me hope that we will not see the Blizzard-style nerfs that we faced in the past or that Blizzard will assess our performance in NH before further nerfing us.
    I wouldn't be surprised with them reverting the mastery scaling after a couple of weeks of NH tbh/

Quote Originally Posted by Raxshas View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised with them reverting the mastery scaling after a couple of weeks of NH tbh/
    There isn't a need for it. We don't excel at any role, in any area.

I am using simulationcraft for the first time to get my stat weights and it gives me this result:

( Pawn: v1: "Enders": Agility=7.84, CritRating=7.84, HasteRating=6.49, MasteryRating=6.35, Versatility=7.33, Dps=17.52 )

Why does it weigh mastery so low, I thought it was suppose to be one of our highest stats after 7.1.5? The only thing I could think of was I already have quite a bit of mastery so maybe it's telling me that I don't need anymore. My current stats are:

Crit: 13258 (44%)
    Haste: 2905 (8%)
    Mastery 3632 (24%)
    Versatility 1571 (3%)

Quote Originally Posted by enders9 View Post
    I am using simulationcraft for the first time to get my stat weights and it gives me this result:

( Pawn: v1: "Enders": Agility=7.84, CritRating=7.84, HasteRating=6.49, MasteryRating=6.35, Versatility=7.33, Dps=17.52 )

Why does it weigh mastery so low, I thought it was suppose to be one of our highest stats after 7.1.5? The only thing I could think of was I already have quite a bit of mastery so maybe it's telling me that I don't need anymore. My current stats are:

Crit: 13258 (44%)
    Haste: 2905 (8%)
    Mastery 3632 (24%)
    Versatility 1571 (3%)
    Haste is a big DPS increase until you hit about 10% then mastery over takes it. Stat weights dont stay the same but change based on how much of each stat you have

My DH is only 861 ilvl as he's my alt, I just tried out the new talent options (222x311) and really enjoyed it, I used Warcraft Logs to log my fights and wondered if anyone could give me some tips:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...r/15897807/10/

I only did normal because his gear isn't good enough to get into HC and I am not in a raiding guild so have to pug, I don't have time to commit to a schedule that a guild has.

How did I do in those fights? anything obviously wrong with rotation or playstyle? my gear isn't very well itemised but I am using simcraft and pawn to pick out upgrades so hopefully that'll get better!

My armory is: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Kiazva/simple
    Last edited by Avikur; 2017-01-14 at 08:26 PM.
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zencurse View Post
    The DPS changes are minor at best. 2% is less than a brick in the wall and the Fel Mastery buff could end up making that much of a difference in the first place. Chaos Blades' auto attack change isn't breaking anything, the part we cared about more was the raw damage increase rather than the auto increase.

I think simming fel mastery to see if it beats out Felblade is a far more interesting question.

I'm mostly sure that Fel mastery buff is targeted to power up momentum builds, which with the loss of resetting momentum have lost dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venteus View Post
    For the final tier of talents the OP says that Fel Barrage is likely a better choice for raiding while Chaos Blades is the best for pure single target encounters. At what point does a fight become strong for Fel Barrage and not "pure single target?" For example, ursoc has moments where two targets are readily available for cleave, but for the majority of the fight is "pure single target." The same can be said for Ren and Xavius, I suppose. Any input on when is best to draw the line?
    In a fight like p3 Xavius, there's no real need for Fel Barrage as you're probably burning him and there's that.

In a fight like Ursoc a stronger case can be made for Fel Barrage: you're bound to have 4.5 - 5 stacks for each clone.

Elrethe's spiderlings die with little effort. No need for Fel Barrage.

Cenarius' sisters, good Fel Barrage scenario. But it's such a small window compared to the whole fight I'd go for CB instead.

You need to know the fight before choosing a talent. You might be assigned to a certain task, and as it stands with the updated mastery values and all, FB is more of a specific tool for a specific task (aka cleaving and in some cases aoe) and CB is more of a jack of all trades.

I'm pulling a stretch here, but if your kill timers are less than two minutes, then FB could probably pull ahead than CB.

10+ Year Old Account
    So..anyone know how much of a nerf it will be for us?

5% overall? 10%? less than 3%? over 9000%?

Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    So..anyone know how much of a nerf it will be for us?

5% overall? 10%? less than 3%? over 9000%?
    ~3%. It's really not much of a nerf.

How are you guys finding the builds in dungeons? what do you generally run? I tried doing 3/3/1/3/1/3/3 but it seems a bit low dps wise... i struggle.. think i need the helm for that to work well..

chaos cleave/first blood/bloodlet is a line that I'm unsure on what's best.. first blood? I know its blind fury + demonic + demon reborn for mass aoe but then my single target feels very weak