Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Trump established that at the very least he is apathetic towards the LGBT community by his decision to appoint Pence as his VP.
    He couldn't win without a strong Right Wing partner. Picking Pence has absolutely nothing to do with his Pro-LGBT stance. And the fact that the LGBT community would start hating a supporter because every single thing he does doesn't suit them, is another reason the Democrats lost. Stop shooting yourself and cutting off body parts.

Complete and utter bullshit, not the least of which because people like you can't even define what far-left ideologies actually are.

The right wing has embraced its far right elements since the 70s and continues to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

The party he runs for and the policies they vote for, on the other hand, have not.
    The Democrats didn't support gay marriage until recently. And neither did the last Democrat President, nor the recent candidate.

Complete and utter bullshit, not the least of which because people like you can't even define what far-left ideologies actually are.

The right wing has embraced its far right elements since the 70s and continues to do so.
    They got labeled "Alt-Right" for a reason. The Republican party does not embrace them. Donald Trump even disavowed (specifically and many times) the more vocal groups of the Alt-Right.

The party he runs for and the policies they vote for, on the other hand, have not.
    So what? So now all that matters to Democrats is party politics? Doesn't matter that the person is awesome and the best person to run the country (not talking about Trump, btw), but even if the person was the absolute best person to run the country and agreed with everything you agreed with, if they were a member of the other party, you say "F them"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    The Democrats didn't support gay marriage until recently. And neither did the last Democrat President, nor the recent candidate.
    And people were critical of them for it. Moreover, the Democrats were not actively supporting policies of discrimination in the same way as the Republican party.

And people were critical of them for it. Moreover, the Democrats were not actively supporting policies of discrimination in the same way as the Republican party.
    I think voting yes on DOMA to save your seat over standing up for gays is supporting discrimination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    They got labeled "Alt-Right" for a reason. The Republican party does not embrace them. Donald Trump even disavowed (specifically and many times) the more vocal groups of the Alt-Right.
    They got labeled 'alt-right' because their views were becoming increasingly socially unacceptable, not because the Republican party was not forwarding policies that catered to them. The Southern Strategy is one such example.

So what? So now all that matters to Democrats is party politics? Doesn't matter that the person is awesome and the best person to run the country (not talking about Trump, btw), but even if the person was the absolute best person to run the country and agreed with everything you agreed with, if they were a member of the other party, you say "F them"?
    The Presidency does not exist in a vacuum.

Again, there is no such thing as the alt-left. The entire reason the 'alt right' exists as an alternative to mainstream right wing politics, i.e. a euphemistic gloss for what political scientists would call white nationalism.

You know very little about me or my political standpoints, or even what news outlets I use. Hint: It isn't NBC.
    You're right, I don't know you. While we're pointing nuances out: Donald Didactic defended a conspiracy theorist today, citing Politifact as their sources. The conspiracy theorist was naked, save for a trench coat, screaming with Times articles that were only set to release should Hillary Clinton have won the presidency. In the theorist's defence, Donald cited, "Snarky comment defending this guy's dumb-shit politifact, buzzwords and rumors." One can only assume his defense of this pygmy, along with accusations of "oh but -The Right-", makes a clear-enough statement that he shares ties with the growing alt-left.

This should be about as poignant as your alt-left blogs. Not as stylized, I know, but I wasn't a graduate in English or journalism and ask you take that into account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    I think voting yes on DOMA to save your seat over standing up for gays is supporting discrimination.
    And they were heavily criticised for doing so.

What is it with you people and whataboutism?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HeyGuysHello View Post
    You're right, I don't know you. While we're pointing nuances out: Donald Didactic defended a conspiracy theorist today, citing Politifact as their sources. The conspiracy theorist was naked, save for a trench coat, screaming with Times articles that were only set to release should Hillary Clinton have won the presidency. In the theorist's defence, Donald cited, "Snarky comment defending this guy's dumb-shit politifact, buzzwords and rumors." One can only assume his defense of this pygmy, along with accusations of "oh but -The Right-", makes a clear-enough statement that he shares ties with the growing alt-left.
    You'll have to mansplain it to me again, I can't seem to locate your point.

This should be about as poignant as your alt-left blogs. Not as stylized, I know, but I wasn't a graduate in English or journalism and ask you take that into account.
    Fluency in English is something I generally don't expect of conservatives, I forgive you.

infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-01-15 at 05:05 AM.

And they were heavily criticised for doing so.

What is it with you people and whataboutism?

- - - Updated - - -

You'll have to mansplain it to me again, I can't seem to locate your point.

Fluency in English is something I generally don't expect of conservatives, I forgive you.
    I'm both a woman and a long-time Democrat. You're really, really fucking dumb. Thanks for proving my point though - not one sentence without having to take on "thuh conservuhtivz".

infracted - minor flaming
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-01-15 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Trump certainly isn't trying to mend fences whatsoever, so why should anybody else?
    technically... he's trying to mend one fence.

and turn that shit into a fucking wall!

So what does that have to do with supporting Pro-LGBT supporter Donald Trump? Trump was Pro-Gay marriage before either Obama and Clinton were pro-Gay marriage.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/gay-r...ry?id=42977880

“Donald Trump is the best candidate that the LGBT community has ever seen come out of the Republican Party,” Moran said. “We see a consistent line from Donald Trump that being pro LGBT and pro inclusion is a good business decision and I believe he’s going to bring that with him in the White House."

Moran points to Trump’s LGBTQ inclusiveness at Mar-a-Largo -- Trump’s Florida country club -- where he says Trump broke with tradition by allowing gay members. Moran also notes that Trump publicly supported Elton John’s marriage to David Furnish.

“We see a consistent line from Donald Trump that being pro-LGBT and pro-inclusion is a good business decision and I believe he’s going to bring that with him in the White House,” Moran said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyGuysHello View Post
    I'm both a woman and a long-time Democrat. You're really, really fucking dumb. Thanks for proving my point though - not one sentence without having to take on "thuh conservuhtivz".
    There are no conservative Democrats, apparently.

Good point there. One can be pretty middle of the road. Why do you choose to be a far alt-leftist?

https://www.gop.com/platform/renewing-american-values/
    The data and the facts lead to an inescapable conclusion: Every child deserves a married mom and dad. The reality remains that millions of American families do not have the advantages that come with that structure. We honor the courageous efforts of those who bear the burdens of parenting alone and embrace the principle that all Americans should be treated with dignity and respect. But respect is not enough. Our laws and our government’s regulations should recognize marriage as the union of one man and one woman and actively promote married family life as the basis of a stable and prosperous society. For that reason, as explained elsewhere in this platform, we do not accept the Supreme Court’s redefinition of marriage and we urge its reversal, whether through judicial reconsideration or a constitutional amendment returning control over marriage to the states. We oppose government discrimination against businesses or entities which decline to sell items or services to individuals for activities that go against their religious views about such activities.

Families formed or enlarged by adoption strengthen our communities and ennoble our nation. Private entities which facilitate adoptions enrich our communities. We support measures such as the First Amendment Defense Act to ensure these entities do not face government discrimination because of their views on marriage and family. We applaud the Republican initiatives which have led to an increase in adoptions, an achievement which should be recognized in any restructuring of the federal tax code. While the number of children in foster care has stabilized, teens who age out of that setting often are abruptly left to face the world on their own. We urge states and community groups to help these young adults become independent.
    The republicans want to make gay marriage illegal and make it legal to discriminate against gay people and even stop them from adopting children.
    This is their official party platform from 2016.

They got labeled 'alt-right' because their views were becoming increasingly socially unacceptable, not because the Republican party was not forwarding policies that catered to them. The Southern Strategy is one such example.
    The southern strategy was one idiot trying to lure pro-slavery Democrats to vote Republican. That's your alt-right folks. The Republican party has never and still doesn't stand for it. The Republican party is the party of Civil Rights.

There probably are. Just not the ones you want to tar and feather.

I'm just surprised you haven't gone Krazy and called all of us Trumpists, yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Republican party is the party of Civil Rights.
    Hahahahahahahahahahah.

Sorry, I'm done. I can't dumb myself down sufficiently to debate this on equal footing.

Also thought this was funny and telling:

“The running joke is that it’s so much easier to be gay in the Republican Party than it is to be a Republican in the LGBT community,”

The Republicans are openly welcoming to members of the LBGT community, but members of the LBGT community aren't open and welcoming to gays who are Republicans.

Talk about the party of tolerance.

The southern strategy was one idiot trying to lure pro-slavery Democrats to vote Republican. That's your alt-right folks. The Republican party has never and still doesn't stand for it. The Republican party is the party of Civil Rights.
    Look at the post right before yours. It disproves you. The Republican party hasn't supported Civil Rights in a LONG time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Coherency is generally a prerequisite for poignancy in written form. What you have here seems to be the mangled remains of a news feed run through a blender for several minutes.
    So just as poignant. I thought sarcasm was supposed to be "the left's" stereotypical strong suit. Did I miss a memo?