Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Outside of Flint, who are these people that don't have access to water? Are you basing any of this on a real person or just in your imagination?
    Here's a better question: why should they have to drink water.

Why is this such a huge topic for debate? Food stamps are a very, very, very tiny portion of the US budget. It'd waste more money trying to police what food people buy.

This is like trying to save a few pennies by spending $100.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Why is this such a huge topic for debate? Food stamps are a very, very, very tiny portion of the US budget. It'd waste more money trying to police what food people buy.
    Idiot voters are more easily convinced to target poor people who are spending a few million dollars on junk food than bankers and CEOs who spend billions on equally as frivolous things that actually hurt a lot of livelihoods.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Here's a better question: why should they have to drink water.
    I'm still trying to figure out how you've created this scenario where millions of SNAP recipients are forced to buy soda and candy.

SNAP is suppose to help people meet their nutritional needs. That doesn't include soda.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    lean salmon wasn't the only fucking item they used. And you sit there and bitch about that author being disingenuous.
    Okay, so why did they choose to use an unreasonably expensive item for their example? There is no good reason for that item to be chosen to make comparisons.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny how nobody ever scrutinizes the way the pentagon spends their money, but they sure like to beat down on the poor. It doesn't bother me a bit that someone buys a soda with food stamps.

Should just give food stamps to everyone, along with basic income.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Idiot voters are more easily convinced to target poor people who are spending a few million dollars on junk food than bankers and CEOs who spend billions on equally as frivolous things that actually hurt a lot of livelihoods.
    Well, when many of the poor people are CHOOSING to be poor people, then yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    SNAP is suppose to help people meet their nutritional needs.
    Requiring their employers to pay them enough to not need SNAP to begin with would be a great way to ensure they don't need your help to buy food.

Quote Originally Posted by Killadrix View Post
    Well, when many of the poor people are CHOOSING to be poor people, then yeah.
    Can't choose how much your employer pays you.
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-01-15 at 05:10 AM.

i didnt know top ramen made soda

They didn't only use one fucking item holy fuck how is this that hard for you to grasp?
    I'm asking you why you think they chose a "healthy" item that costs $16-$17/lb to even include?

There is a reason they chose it, and I've pointed it out.

Why did they not use CHICKEN? Oh that's right, because it's cheap as fuck and the comparison wouldn't be so dramatic, and you suckers wouldn't have bought it hook, line and sinker.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    If you buy real peanut butter, the ingredients label will only say, "Peanuts, salt." That's it. No different from eating regular salted peanuts. i.e, good for you.
    Lol are you serious? Peanuts are not good for you. They're mostly fat. You wanna talk about something that is good for you? Avocados. But if someone bought Avocado butter, HO FUCK LOOK AT THEM HIGH AND MIGHTY WASTING THEIR FOOD STAMPS. Might as well of bought red meat and alcohol.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Can't choose how much your employer pays you.
    You can choose which employer you work for.

You can choose to pursue education.

You can choose to pursue personal and professional development.

You can start your own business.

There are plenty of choices for most people.

Requiring their employers to pay them enough to not need SNAP to begin with would be a great way to ensure they don't need your help to buy food.
    How about we just take all the money. Divide it by exactly the number of people over the age of 18. And just let things be as they will be......

geeesh.

You can choose which employer you work for.

You can choose to pursue education.

You can choose to pursue personal and professional development.

You can start your own business.

There are plenty of choices for most people.
    You can only work for someone who wants you to work for them.

You will only be paid what someone who wants you to work for them wants to pay you.

Only one person is hired for a job, and it might not be you.

Someone has to want to employ you even after you develop yourself.

You can't run a business if no one wants what you are selling.

In other words, those with money can create jobs but those without money can only hope people with money want to pay them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    How about we just take all the money. Divide it by exactly the number of people over the age of 18. And just let things be as they will be......

geeesh.
    Employers have money. They need to stop taking any profits until their employees are paid enough to not need welfare, food stamps and medicade.

Deleted
    I spend over 80% of my grocery budget on soda and junk food.

Fight me.

Because most healthy items are expensive. I'm really tired of repeating the same shit over and over and going in this circle with you. They didn't only choose super expensive items but several items on both ends for each unhealthy and healthy food. I'm also not sure why you think someone should only ever eat chicken and not other meats.
    Mind = blown.

I guess I've just lived my life being too reasonable of a human being. When times were tight for me for many years, I ate what I could afford - which was mostly variations of chicken with rice/noodles, or sandwiches, or a bowl of cereal - guess I assumed this is what everyone did. Clearly, I was wrong.

Damn shame I didn't grow up in this world where people owed me things I couldn't afford simply so I didn't have to suffer the cruel face of eating the same thing every night. All joking aside, that's some SERIOUS entitlement right there.

- - - Updated - - -

You can only work for someone who wants you to work for them.

You will only be paid what someone who wants you to work for them wants to pay you.

Only one person is hired for a job, and it might not be you.

Someone has to want to employ you even after you develop yourself.

You can't run a business if no one wants what you are selling.

In other words, those with money can create jobs but those without money can only hope people with money want to pay them.

- - - Updated - - -

Employers have money. They need to stop taking any profits until their employees are paid enough to not need welfare, food stamps and medicade.
    If you choose to believe this, you are a cynical fool without dreams or ambition. You want to sit here an have a pity party on an internet forum, go right ahead.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    Lol are you serious? Peanuts are not good for you. They're mostly fat. You wanna talk about something that is good for you? Avocados. But if someone bought Avocado butter, HO FUCK LOOK AT THEM HIGH AND MIGHTY WASTING THEIR FOOD STAMPS. Might as well of bought red meat and alcohol.

Avocados are extremely high in fat. But fat doesn't make something necessarily worse than another food.

Please don't spew this drivel unless you know what you're talking about.

Because most healthy items are expensive. I'm really tired of repeating the same shit over and over and going in this circle with you. They didn't only choose super expensive items but several items on both ends for each unhealthy and healthy food. I'm also not sure why you think someone should only ever eat chicken and not other meats.

- - - Updated - - -

I can walk up to an employer and tell them to hire me?

I can get free education?

This is basically repeating the previous point.

uh with what money?

Most people as in at least 51%? What about the other 49%? fuck them?
    You're playing the victim. How is it that people not born into money or opportunity graduate from college every year and get a decent job?

7+ Year Old Account
    You're playing the victim. How is it that people not born into money or opportunity graduate from college every year and get a decent job?
    I'm not going to defend Nexx's entire narrative, but surely you realize every system has winners and losers. Not everyone can go to college, and even if everyone did, the demand for those jobs wouldn't magically match the supply of grads.