Poll: Do you still level alts up from 1 to 110?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    All 22 alts are 100+, I've leveled 12 on main realm to 110 and 25 AK, most are already at 34+ AP
    With how grindy Legion is right now, this is borderline mental.

I leveled most of them to 100 using the invasions. I don't have the time or patience to play them at endgame so they'll probably rot there forever unless I change mains.

Aside from the free boosts that came with WoD and Legion, I've never boosted a character. I have 14 characters at this point and leveled nearly all of them from 1-100 (the demon hunter really doesn't count). Don't really see the point to boosting characters. Leveling is much more enjoyable than the grindy endgame currently is, and if you have the patience Blizzard will doubtless be including another boost with the launch of the next expansion.

Deleted
    i got 12 chars who all was 100 before legion, but i leveled them all from 1, except 1 i boosted with the free boost i got from pre-order. so technically i dont STILL level from 1
    but i never bought a boost and never will, i enjoy the leveling process.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    With how grindy Legion is right now, this is borderline mental.
    It's easy to get 34+ traits in a spec with AK 25, and it's easy to get AK 25 you just needed to level alt early and let it sit and collect dust... err... knowledge papers.

What I hate about the iteration we had at start: it rewarded the behaviour of spam levelling alts and letting them sit and collect AK (and then farm AP few months later), while it punished actively wanting to play that alt right now.

The true grind comes in the form of m+ spam for 1) legendaries 2) bis titanforged trinkets and relics with correct trait boost

I have 35 traits in ms and ~32 in os on my DH alt that I levelled early and did nearly nothing on it except WQ / emissarys while herbing. Do I have good relics, 880+ gear? Nope ofc. Just random stuff from WQ, world bosses and so on.

If I wanted to spam level all the classes then keep them in maintenance mode I probably could, but that would 1) steal time from my main 2) make me not really enjoy the alts altogether.

My 2 alts I prepped for 7.1.5 boa AK are now AK 21 and already have 3 goldens in ms after 2-3 rounds of world quests, and these gains only increase with the last AK levels. AK 25 is more than double gains what they have now.

It just feels foolish to farm AP on alts if they're low AK under the current system, it feels "smarter" to let them sit and wait for AK. That's what I dislike, feeling stupid for wanting to play an alt instead of "waiting game". 7.1.5 was a massive improvement but still 11k% to 25k% gains make me feel "not gonna push for that 35th until max AK on alts".