classic was an mmorpg. Current version of the game is a mix of everything really, mix of a moba with some mmorpg feeling and some hack n slash for the fun. It has lost its community, as classic was heavily dependable on communities.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    I'm doing some research and I'd like to hear your opinions guys and gals
    For people that think that way, it's probably nostalgia. The game for me in BC was extremely new and just really fascinating. I had no idea where I was in the game and what was to come. Today, I've seen all there is to see when it comes to the world. There's no surprise anymore. When I try new games, that feeling is obviously present because I'm new to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    You stop exaggerating...claiming every corner you turned there where people you suddenly made these expansive friendships with because you ran a instance with them. Don't give me that bullshit isn't common...it happened every single day...but some people didn't feel like sitting outside of a summoning stone like a tool for hours and maybe even get a group....because they don't have a tank and or healer.

I never ran into the same people over and over...you know why? Because I wasn't on a half dead server...I had a nice sized guild on a nice sized server.
    Never said it was that easy to make friends. Again stop exaggerating, sitting outside of a summoning stone for hours, was not common. My server wasn't dead either. Running into the same people was a very real thing, and to be fair this was the case for the next few expacks. It still happens today, but not like it used to. Any non biased person will agree, if not they are being dishonest. Just because you didn't experience it, doesn't mean it is untrue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    @Triks -- exactly what does that have to do with this topic? Like, at all?
    Exactly nothing - thought this was the megathread (or did it get deleted?).

Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    Exactly nothing - thought this was the megathread (or did it get deleted?).
    Locked because people kept talking about PS which isn't allowed here.

"what made leeches better then modern medicine"

lets make that a thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Never said it was that easy to make friends. Again stop exaggerating, sitting outside of a summoning stone for hours, was not common. My server wasn't dead either.
    Well it wasn't super rare either. Even on populated servers in Vanilla it could take time to find groups. I know I spent my fair share of time in boring ass trade chat trying to form a group only to have 30 mins go by with no group. When I DID get the group formed sometimes people would d/c or decided to leave because they already invested 30+ mins in the group and they knew the dungeon itself could take a lot of time.

I would say yes hours is stretching it but 30 mins to an hour to form a group? Happened all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Well it wasn't super rare either. Even on populated servers in Vanilla it could take time to find groups. I know I spent my fair share of time in boring ass trade chat trying to form a group only to have 30 mins go by with no group. When I DID get the group formed sometimes people would d/c or decided to leave because they already invested 30+ mins in the group and they knew the dungeon itself could take a lot of time.

I would say yes hours is stretching it but 30 mins to an hour to form a group? Happened all the time.
    I can agree with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Locked because people kept talking about PS which isn't allowed here.
    Shame really. There was a lot of good stuff in that thread.

Classic was better for me, because it was alot more polished than the other mmo's at the time, played swg at the time of launch and daoc before that, wow felt casual at that time compared to other mmo's imo, and running around Azeroth wasnt viewed as such of a waste of time as it is now, there were a way better sense of server community in vanilla aswell. Current game has as much server community as a random game of battlefield 1 does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    Shame really. There was a lot of good stuff in that thread.
    Most of it was the usual anti-legacy shills talking stupid shit for the sake of talking stupid shit about something that does not concern them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Most of it was the usual anti-legacy shills talking stupid shit for the sake of talking stupid shit about something that does not concern them.
    It went both ways.

I never played wow in Vanilla, but I did play in TBC. The only thing I miss is the sense of difficulty in solo questing. It was nice that mobs could actually make your health move. I mean, I don't hate the questing experience these days, but I'm leveling my blood DK alt right now, and most of the class mechanics don't even see use outside of dungeons because things die in just a few hits and there's never a need to heal up with DS or to ever use CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    And a lot of so called "pro legacy" kept naming and linking private servers when asked god knows how many times to stop. Don't try and paint one side as the bad guy here. Both sides were as bad as each other in the amount of shit flinging that went on in that thread.

The only thing, I miss - old quests. Yeah, their quality was much lower - they all were "go to the other side of map, kill 10 mobs, return only to get another quest to go there". But they were more realistic and immersive. I really miss old Barrens, old Stonetalon Mountains... If I would want to play on Legacy Servers - I would play them only once to experience old questing.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Deleted
    Community was better, Game was not.
    /thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    Community was better, Game was not.
    /thread.
    I actually liked linear progression as a casual

*crowd jaw drop*
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

It might have been due to my younger age, but in Classic I really felt like I was on an adventure. I often felt awestruck when I thought of the world beyond the lower level zones, almost overwhelmingly so.

Had the same experience at the start of Wrath, but that didn't last as long since Northrend is just one continent, and way smaller. It was and still is still pretty cool (heh), though.

While it's not a very big deal, I haven't felt either of those feelings in years. Aside from that, nothing comes to mind.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2017-01-15 at 11:43 AM.

Deleted
    In our memories the feeling of vanilla back in the days was great (because most of the ppl didnt played such kind of a game before). But I cant understand the current hype. I played both the original vanilla in 2005 and 10 year later in 2015 on an pretty well adjusted vanilla private server. For a short time it was a pretty good nostalgia feeling, but there are only 3 things at the end: farming consumables, raiding, pvp to rank 14. If you have achieved the rank 14 (if you are interested in to farm several months) or you got full mc/bwl gear, there is nothing more to do, really nothing to improve your character just with raiding twice per week. And if you are a gearing oriented player, you will suffer a lot in vanilla raiding: very few items for a really big player pool, plus the loottables can fool you pretty hard (it is possible that you will never see an specific item out of rading or at least for the first dozen of ids, like CTS (on live it never dropped/on privat server it dropped twice in one year) or DFT (on live it never dropped/at private server one drop per every 2-3months) for me).
    Last edited by mmoca163a27034; 2017-01-15 at 12:06 PM.

Because it was something new and you wasn't facerolling to max level in a few days.
    That's because it was GOOD.

It was better? Not sure.