Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Blackhand was much more strict with comps than Helya. Most of the first kills had something like 3 Rogues, 3-4 Hunters, 3 Boomkins.

For Helya all you needed was 3 Shadow Priests really, and some immunity soakers(which there are a lot of, and tanks also work).
    We killed BH with zero Rogues, 1 Moonkin, 2 Feral Druids and a Warlock who did balconies. (I think we had a Ret who went up, too.) No fucking idea how we did it (we used 5 BM Hunters), but we got US 88th. Guild disbanded shortly after we killed it though.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    No fucking idea how we did it (we used 5 BM Hunters), but we got US 88th.
    no idea why u guys keep counting progress as US servers? 88 US = 312 world. I might think that its because it looks better, but its kinda silly.. My guild is currently 770sh and top17 realm. I think i better use realm count and not world count too, so we might look like we are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Seidhe View Post
    no idea why u guys keep counting progress as US servers? 88 US = 312 world. I might think that its because it looks better, but its kinda silly.. My guild is currently 770sh and top17 realm. I think i better use realm count and not world count too, so we might look like we are good.
    We also raided from 2:30 AM to 6:30 AM in the morning. I'm not trying to make my guild seem more impressive than we actually were but it was a fuckton better than most and far better than anything else raiding the hours we did. /shrug ... it was nearly 2 years ago now.

Deleted
    Aw, probably won't be able to get CE, we're stuck in Il'gynoth.

The reason why it's being removed is because 7.1.5 is introducting class changes, which usually is not done in the middle of a tier, which would make Xavius trivial anyways since they also made the gear stronger than it was supposed to be.

But they added a new one for Helya, which will be obtainable until 7.2 to compensate. Helya didn't have a Cutting Edge achievement before.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    The reason why it's being removed is because 7.1.5 is introducting class changes, which usually is not done in the middle of a tier, which would make Xavius trivial anyways since they also made the gear stronger than it was supposed to be.

But they added a new one for Helya, which will be obtainable until 7.2 to compensate. Helya didn't have a Cutting Edge achievement before.

Xavius is already trivial lol.

So basically is it still available or not? We killed him last week and planned to do another run to get achiev for ppl who didnt get into the kill group.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    So basically is it still available or not? We killed him last week and planned to do another run to get achiev for ppl who didnt get into the kill group.
    Goes away with the release of NH. So this will be the last lockout it's available.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Until NH opens as blizz said last week.........
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

Thanks for the answers. Typically such titles went away with new patches so it didnt hurt to ask

10+ Year Old Account
    Titles went away with new patches because the raids would be available on day one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    Imp was the hardest fight in WoD with the gear you had. Downing him before BRF is one of the best accomplishments of my WoW career
    Imp was definitely tough but not the hardest fight in WoD, Blackhand was by far the toughest boss in WoD aside from Archimonde pre-valor and ring madness.

Breakdown of Guild kills from M IMP to current:

M Imp: 5057 Guild Kills (7.14%)
    M Blackhand: 2026 Guild Kills (2.86%)
    M Archimonde: 2850 Guild Kills (5.26%)
    M Xavius: 4589 Guild Kills (9.29%)
    M Helya: 267 Guild Kills (.54%)

Quote Originally Posted by onemoreshot View Post
    Imp was definitely tough but not the hardest fight in WoD, Blackhand was by far the toughest boss in WoD aside from Archimonde pre-valor and ring madness.

Breakdown of Guild kills from M IMP to current:

M Imp: 5057 Guild Kills (7.14%)
    M Blackhand: 2026 Guild Kills (2.86%)
    M Archimonde: 2850 Guild Kills (5.26%)
    M Xavius: 4589 Guild Kills (9.29%)
    M Helya: 267 Guild Kills (.54%)
    Are those figures for the full expansion or for when they were current?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Blackhand was much more strict with comps than Helya. Most of the first kills had something like 3 Rogues, 3-4 Hunters, 3 Boomkins.

For Helya all you needed was 3 Shadow Priests really, and some immunity soakers(which there are a lot of, and tanks also work).
    2 demo locks was a must IMO, the jump in to the plataform and instakill the first round of adds then set up your portal and you can comeback whenever you want was neat
    BTW you can't compare this raid tier with HM/BRF, now we got 3 raids in the same tier you are able to get the helya archievement
    Last edited by mmoc2d4e5be93e; 2017-01-15 at 08:30 AM.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately those are current figures, however blackhand had much fewer kills when it was current. On June 12, 2015 here are the figures:
    M Imperator: 1407 (2.46%)
    M Blackhand: 523 (.92%)

Aug 20, 2016:
    M Archimonde: 2726 (5.10%)
    Last edited by onemoreshot; 2017-01-15 at 09:15 AM.

Unfortunately those are current figures, however blackhand had much fewer kills when it was current. On June 12, 2015 here are the figures:
    M Imperator: 1407 (2.46%)
    M Blackhand: 523 (.92%)

Aug 20, 2016:
    M Archimonde: 2726 (5.10%)
    I looked at these figures and was like, something isn't right...

You've used archi figures from over a YEAR after first kill haha, long after nerfs, item buffs and class changes. Go back and get figures for 2015 when it was actually relevant.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm only able to find website snapshots from these dates, would be nice to find one before BRF released. Also if you're talking about longest span for first kill expansion Archi won that contest

Also if you're talking about longest span for first kill expansion Archi won that contest
    Somebody else compiled the data for length of time between WF kill and World 100th kill as a measure of boss difficulty and Archi won that as well.

Additionally, using a Web Archive I found a cached version of wowprogress from June 23rd, 2015 (one day before HFC was released) which showed the following:

I went even further and found one for HM on Feb. 3rd, right before BRF opened:

...so yeah, M-Imp was probably slightly more difficult when current though it remained the "final boss" for a lot less time than BH. And both encounters did not have a whole lot of kills prior to nerfs/new gear.

I remember at the time that we were progressing BRF in my weekend guild (we only managed to kill 8/10 i think), most groups weren't even attempting Imperator until they were 6-7 bosses deep in BRF.

Even with overgearing with trinkets and tier sets, it was almost like the Odyn of the expansion. It was a fight that lasted a long time, and even with removing the dps checks (killing one of the casters before intermission ended, weekend guild had 2 dead before intermission ended), and with having more health to be able to mess up dispels/not drag it out as long, it still took about a night of attempts.

Don't get me wrong, Imperator and Blackhand were both mechanically heavy fights where attrition would wipe you, but I think part of it was going from blues through multiple tiers of loot, in just a couple months, with only 7 bosses. BRF you mostly had the ilvl you were more going for trinkets/tier/itemization. Once you hit the 7th boss dead in BRF, the question was posed of if you should take a night of Imperator "for prestige" or if you should continue progressing for what was ahead.

You also had more guilds returning to BRF for the mount, Imperator had a title that was never going away.

Our guild went to kill Imperator just before doing Iron Maidens mythic, and the reason was mostly because it was worth so much points on wowprogress we wanted to secure our server ranking lol.

Even then it was hard.