Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Well apparently no one fucking dies in Warcraft anymore, whether it's demon, demon hunter, human or other. Then again we had shit like Altar of Storms all the way back in WC3 where you could resurrect heroes for the modest cost of a few hundred gold.

Look at Uther, we contacted him during one of the artifact quests and he was like hey guys wassup, so everyone's spirit is somewhere ready to be accessed at your heart's delight and stuck into a physical shell.

Fucking Archimonde died in at least 3 separate timelines already and the motherfucker still comes back like nothing happened.

Medivh on the other hand was a Guardian, resurrected by a Guardian, bound to a magical tower that transcends dimensions, past-possessed by a Titan, all kinds of shit.

The guy can do whatever the fuck he wants, even if he dies he'll be back somehow if he wants. Wish they'd followed Warcraft 3 lore and let him be a "legend of the past", but after Warlords of Draenor I've realized they'll even bring back Anduin Lothar if it suits their nostalgia purpose.

As long as there's a planet somewhere with a bunch of motherfuckers with some magical competency they'll just cast some kabbala voodoo shit and summon back Arthas to fucking Aman'Thul himself.

Shit's getting out of hand.
    Varien and his wife
    Arthas
    Terenas
    Garrosh
    Rhonin
    Mu Guldan
    both blackhands
    MU marad and yrel
    Anduin lothar
    shall i go on?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Varian says hello.... and Arthas..... and Terenas...... and Garrosh..... and Rhonin..... and MU Gul'dan

Need I go on?

Also if you bothered to read up on lore then you would know why Archimonde didn't die in Hyjal for example. Demons like Archimonde or any demon for that matter can only be killed in the Twisting Nether. Just like Elemental Lords can only be killed in their own plane.
    They're dead? Go to corresponding raids and check it out - they're still standing there 100% alive. You can kill them again every week, but they resurrect every time.

I've said it numerous of times too - what the point in war in a game, where nobody can really die? It's just pointless waste of time.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Well apparently no one fucking dies in Warcraft anymore, whether it's demon, demon hunter, human or other. Then again we had shit like Altar of Storms all the way back in WC3 where you could resurrect heroes for the modest cost of a few hundred gold.

Look at Uther, we contacted him during one of the artifact quests and he was like hey guys wassup, so everyone's spirit is somewhere ready to be accessed at your heart's delight and stuck into a physical shell.

Fucking Archimonde died in at least 3 separate timelines already and the motherfucker still comes back like nothing happened.

Medivh on the other hand was a Guardian, resurrected by a Guardian, bound to a magical tower that transcends dimensions, past-possessed by a Titan, all kinds of shit.

The guy can do whatever the fuck he wants, even if he dies he'll be back somehow if he wants. Wish they'd followed Warcraft 3 lore and let him be a "legend of the past", but after Warlords of Draenor I've realized they'll even bring back Anduin Lothar if it suits their nostalgia purpose.

As long as there's a planet somewhere with a bunch of motherfuckers with some magical competency they'll just cast some kabbala voodoo shit and summon back Arthas to fucking Aman'Thul himself.

Shit's getting out of hand.
    omfg its allmost like weve been able to talk to spirits forever? not much a spirit can do, but we can talk to the and ask for their wisdom and maybe even some power...
    notice those things all over azeroth called ghosts.. .spirits... undead... banshees...? total sense... uther talking to us from the grave!? holy shit thats lore breaking this is fucking stupid!

and no spirits cannot just be "put into a phsyical shell"

archimonde died in 3 seperate timelines? what?
    ok so the battle of mount hyjal...
    and wod....? what else?
    also its allmost like the demons we fighting have their soul within the twisting nether, and know magics that allow them to come back from the dead over time as long as their spirit is not destryoed...

lol sounds like you are having a temper trantrum....

LOL "a legend of the past" dude he died in warcraft, and came back from the dead (his mother ressurected him, without sargeras inside him this time) and then he did all that stuff in warcraft 3
    you claim that you know the lore, and your playing the high card going "wow fucking bullshit, they brought medievh back over and over in wow its fucking bullshit"
    cept guess what he died before warcraft 3 and came back to life... so your "all so perfect lore warcraft" allready had this "ressurecton bullshit"

anduin lothar died, he had no magical essence, we saw him die, he is dead, the only way we may see him back is if he is raised from the dead by death knights....

and lol.... you sound like a baby smashing at the keyboard 'OMFG BLIZZARD, WOWS LORE IS SHIT, PEOPLE DIED IN WARCRAFT AND STAYED DEAD, NO ONE CAME BACK TO LIFE, NOW IN WOW EVERYONE DIES THEN COMES BACK TO LIFE IN NO TIME, WAAAAAAAAAAH WARCRAFTS LORE WAS SO MUCH BETTER"

the story has not changed much, the only thing that changed was the lore behind demons, as they are able to ressurect themselves, and abit of the weird backstory of sargeras... many charecters in warcraft came back to life... your acting as if this dident happen till wow....

kelthuzad
    all of the fucking death knights
    nerzhul
    medeivh
    are the main ones

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    They're dead? Go to corresponding raids and check it out - they're still standing there 100% alive. You can kill them again every week, but they resurrect every time.

I've said it numerous of times too - what the point in war in a game, where nobody can really die? It's just pointless waste of time.
    omfg im laughing so hard such a funny joke, so orignal, so good point, omfg why the fuck do books even exist, when jon snow dies you can just go back 3 pages and hes still alive, so fucking bullshit, its a pointless waste of time to read, when you watch lord of the rings and gandalf dies you just rewind the movie and hes back to life, entertainment in general is bullshit waste of time, i presume you work, eat, shit, sleep ,then go back to work? cause all entertainment is useless, waste of time, so why do you care?
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-01-15 at 07:49 AM.

OP is correct because, at any moment, a portal could open up and 10 Arthas Menethils from various other timelines could march through into MU Azeroth. Every character we know is both alive and dead, probably also both good and evil, it just depends on what timeline is viewed. We learned this with WoD.

As I posited before. we should be sending refugees en masse to AU-Draenor from MU-Azeroth during Legion. This is a massive invasion and we could lose, and if we lose the planet is screwed. So the civilians should be being marched thru a portal somewhere else. At the same time, we should be sending emissaries to various other universes trying to contact several pantheons to come and help us in our universe. Because the Titans are still alive, somewhere in some other universe. Many sets of them.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    OP is correct because, at any moment, a portal could open up and 10 Arthas Menethils from various other timelines could march through into MU Azeroth. Every character we know is both alive and dead, probably also both good and evil, it just depends on what timeline is viewed. We learned this with WoD.

As I posited before. we should be sending refugees en masse to AU-Draenor from MU-Azeroth during Legion. This is a massive invasion and we could lose, and if we lose the planet is screwed. So the civilians should be being marched thru a portal somewhere else. At the same time, we should be sending emissaries to various other universes trying to contact several pantheons to come and help us in our universe. Because the Titans are still alive, somewhere in some other universe. Many sets of them.
    well... we learned this back in bc and the war of the ancients when we learned about time travel and alternate universes
    also no civilians should not be retrating to AU draenor, because either way they will die, better them here working to help the defence
    lore wise all of azeroth is under seige
    cant do it in game cause all that dev time and annoyance
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-01-15 at 08:00 AM.

Deleted
    Um...

Aside of demons (who we admittedly got a terrible explanation about how they work), the percentage of characters that were brought back is much lower than those who remained dead. Also, some of the characters returning were either speculated dead (Medivh) or never even mentioned to have died to begin with (Alleria, Turalyon.)

People just enjoy complaining around these here parts.

Yeah, the tactics involved with fighting wars on Azeroth are unbelievably stupid. Dragons are everywhere, not to mention gryphons, harpies, giant birds, and all manner of flying demons. There are canons and gunpowder, and other steam-powered/black powder driven tools and weapons. There's also magic that can burn, melt, disintigrate, or simply bypass via portals ANY ground-based defenses....

And yet....the primary defense of cities and other important locations on azeroth are WALLS?!? Wtf kind of protections are they expected to even provide? Great! The walls stopped the bears and other wild animals from wandering into town. But any other enemy is going to laugh their asses off and skip it, going straight to their objective.

Nothing on Azeroth actually makes a lot of sense. It's much better to simply suspend disbelief and enjoy what you can. WoW lore and logic has ALWAYS been batshit crazy and nonsensical. I don't know why anyone would expect it to make any more sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Yeah, the tactics involved with fighting wars on Azeroth are unbelievably stupid. Dragons are everywhere, not to mention gryphons, harpies, giant birds, and all manner of flying demons. There are canons and gunpowder, and other steam-powered/black powder driven tools and weapons. There's also magic that can burn, melt, disintigrate, or simply bypass via portals ANY ground-based defenses....

And yet....the primary defense of cities and other important locations on azeroth are WALLS?!? Wtf kind of protections are they expected to even provide? Great! The walls stopped the bears and other wild animals from wandering into town. But any other enemy is going to laugh their asses off and skip it, going straight to their objective.

Nothing on Azeroth actually makes a lot of sense. It's much better to simply suspend disbelief and enjoy what you can. WoW lore and logic has ALWAYS been batshit crazy and nonsensical. I don't know why anyone would expect it to make any more sense now.
    well walls stop alot of weapons as the bulk of any army is infantry, let alone seige weapons... what you think they should just not build walls? they have plenty of cannons and archers aswell as mages, but you still need walls to keep out the main infantry forces...

fantasy lore and logic was allways been batshit crazy and nonsensical... thats the fucking point of fantasy...
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-01-15 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    well walls stop alot of weapons... what you think they should just not build walls? they have plenty of cannons and archers aswell as mages, but you still need walls to keep out the main infantry forces...

fantasy lore and logic was allways been batshit crazy and nonsensical... thats the fucking point of fantasy...
    For the same reason modern cities don't use walls. They're an obsolete defense. And while they could still serve as borders and rally points in some situations, for the most part they're going to useless against any kind of real threat. Actual threats would be fought through intelligence(as in information) and small squads of highly specialized teams going after specific targets. Sort of like what the players actually do in-game, strangely enough.

Anyway, it's pretty off topic. If people want perma-death lore and characters, they should go play real life. I hear the graphics and lore are off the charts.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Uh, no. Medivh that you meet after the chess event and the one that talks to Khadgar after the final boss is the real Medivh, he's alive. He comments on all the echoes of himself that he left in the tower and Khadgar recognizes him as the real Medivh. Have you not read any of the conversations?
    Any Medivh you see in Kara is just an echo or fragment. None of them are truly him completely. If you read The Last Guardian or played WC3, you'd know that he was killed permanently. It's my understanding that the one that talks to you in Return to Karazhan is just a fragment of his spirit as well. While he is truly Medivh (i.e. not an echo), he's not all of him. Hence why he can't stay like Uther could.

This is World of Pokemon, man. Nobody is dying after fights anymore, we're just SUPER tired and passed out. Redemption is really Redbulldemption and simply reenergizes your allies.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    For the same reason modern cities don't use walls. They're an obsolete defense. And while they could still serve as borders and rally points in some situations, for the most part they're going to useless against any kind of real threat. Actual threats would be fought through intelligence(as in information) and small squads of highly specialized teams going after specific targets. Sort of like what the players actually do in-game, strangely enough.

Anyway, it's pretty off topic. If people want perma-death lore and characters, they should go play real life. I hear the graphics and lore are off the charts.
    uhhhh.... where not in a world were at any moment a massive attack force coul attack a city.... guess what places still use walls? airforce based? army bases? oh yeah actual places that could be attacked by a force

Quote Originally Posted by Static Transit View Post
    Any Medivh you see in Kara is just an echo or fragment. None of them are truly him completely. If you read The Last Guardian or played WC3, you'd know that he was killed permanently. It's my understanding that the one that talks to you in Return to Karazhan is just a fragment of his spirit as well. While he is truly Medivh (i.e. not an echo), he's not all of him. Hence why he can't stay like Uther could.
    If you actually read "The Last Guardian" carefully, you'd have realized that Medivh came back to life. He was the "trespasser from the future" (in related to the time of main story in "The Last Guardian") mentioned in the prologue. He even communicated to Khadgar in the epilogue, which Khadgar pointed out that "I thought I just burried you", "And now you are back. Or you will be back <...> Different, but the same".

Basically, Aegwynn came back from wherever she was banished by SargerasMedivh and when she found out Medivh was killed, she used a large part of her remaining power to resurrect him (Aegwynn herself admitted this to Jaina in "Tides of Darkness" - "With what was left of the de-aging magic, I was able to scry in the well water and learn what was happening. I saw my son killed by his apprentice and his best friend—and I saw Sargeras banished from him. So I spent years building up the power to bring him back"). The Medivh that talked to Khadgar at the end of Karazhan in Legion is the same Medivh in WC3, and a living, fully Medivh without Sargeras inside, not an echo or fragment.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2017-01-15 at 09:01 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Static Transit View Post
    Aegwynn resurrected him.

The Medivh you see in the end of Return to Karazhan IS the real Medivh. The Warcraft III Medivh however is up to debate, though. I like to interpret it more as a fragment of the Guradian that contains his consciousness, doing the Guardian's duty of protecting Azeroth by gathering the Heroes of Azeroth against the threat of the Burning Legion during the Third War.

People still care about Warcraft's lore? Hello? 2017 is already here, the writing has been terrible for years.

well walls stop alot of weapons as the bulk of any army is infantry, let alone seige weapons... what you think they should just not build walls? they have plenty of cannons and archers aswell as mages, but you still need walls to keep out the main infantry forces...

To be fair, if you look at wars in antiquity in the middle east, defense simply wasn't a thing. The Sumerians, Babylonians, Hittites, Greeks, Persians, etc. They were conquerors but not great defenders. The region was an exercise in raising an army, zerging everyone else, and then once you set up your empire, someone ELSE raised an army and zerged YOU and set up their empire. Over and over. Some of those regions had something like 15-20 "empires" over a span of 1000 years. It was just chaos.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    People still care about Warcraft's lore? Hello? 2017 is already here, the writing has been terrible for years.
    Legion took it to new levels of atrociousness.

I'm so looking forward to expansion conclusion. Its gonna be even more hilariously absurd.

To be fair, if you look at wars in antiquity in the middle east, defense simply wasn't a thing. The Sumerians, Babylonians, Hittites, Greeks, Persians, etc. They were conquerors but not great defenders. The region was an exercise in raising an army, zerging everyone else, and then once you set up your empire, someone ELSE raised an army and zerged YOU and set up their empire. Over and over. Some of those regions had something like 15-20 "empires" over a span of 1000 years. It was just chaos.
    well yeah and that wasent very efficent if you wanted to make an economy, or friends, because it made it dificult for them to hold any 1 location at a time, bassicly it was a tug of war

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Legion took it to new levels of atrociousness.

I'm so looking forward to expansion conclusion. Its gonna be even more hilariously absurd.
    compared to bcs lore of "ok so this guy who has been a hero since the begining, is now suddenly evil, and so is gruul who helped the alliance beat deathwing in outland"

also dont forget the "OMFG DEMON HUNTERS? THEY MUST BE WORKING FOR THE LEGION, AND HUNTING US!"
    and illidan MUST be working for the legion... even though he killed many many demons, enslaved tons of them, and closed the legions reinforcements to outland... its allmost like hes not on the legions side... nah the lore says hes evil

omfg im laughing so hard such a funny joke, so orignal, so good point, omfg why the fuck do books even exist, when jon snow dies you can just go back 3 pages and hes still alive, so fucking bullshit, its a pointless waste of time to read, when you watch lord of the rings and gandalf dies you just rewind the movie and hes back to life, entertainment in general is bullshit waste of time, i presume you work, eat, shit, sleep ,then go back to work? cause all entertainment is useless, waste of time, so why do you care?
    In books if you rewind story backwards, your own story rewinds too. In Wow your epics don't disappear next week due to going back in time. So... It isn't actually rewinding. When you die - you resurrect at graveyard. Why can't the same happen with raid bosses? And if nobody can actually die in this world - why bother about war? It appears, that epics - is the only real goal in this game.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    In books if you rewind story backwards, your own story rewinds too. In Wow your epics don't disappear next week due to going back in time. So... It isn't actually rewinding. When you die - you resurrect at graveyard. Why can't the same happen with raid bosses? And if nobody can actually die in this world - why bother about war? It appears, that epics - is the only real goal in this game.
    Because game mechanics and story telling aren't the same thing.

My character didn't actually die 7,367 times in lore; it's just for the most part my group being baddies and wiped a lot. :V