Looking for advice on a pre-built computer from Best Buy

Hey guys I found a computer that seems to fit my gaming requirements.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpow...?skuId=5374303

Model: SLC8280B SKU: 5374303

Not to good with computers but pretty much I was hoping to be able to run new games that are coming out on Ultra/ 4k . Just curious if this computer would be able to handle it.

CyberPowerPC - Gamer Supreme Liquid Cooled Desktop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 - 120GB SSD + 2TB HDD - Black/Blue

Thank you

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    New AAA titles at 4K Ultra settings at 60fps? Probably not. The GTX 1080 still struggles to do that.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

10+ Year Old Account
    After searching through the comments / reviews of the computer you linked I was able to piece together the part list for the comp you are looking at...

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($329.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: MSI Z170A KRAIT GAMING 3X ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($122.89 @ OutletPC)
    Memory: Kingston FURY 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($111.46 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Sandisk Z400s 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($51.60 @ Jet)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($71.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Founders Edition Video Card ($440.00 @ B&H)
    Case: Thermaltake Core V31 ATX Mid Tower Case ($62.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Power Supply: Apevia 750W ATX Power Supply ($69.98 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1320.89
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-01-14 00:39 EST-0500

It appears, shockingly enough that it's cheaper to buy the pre-built than to build it yourself...

Not to good with computers but pretty much I was hoping to be able to run new games that are coming out on Ultra/ 4k . Just curious if this computer would be able to handle it.
    This computer will play 4k but not on ultra. I would expect some issues at medium. The 1070 is simply not enough to push 4k ultra at good frame rates. That being said the new Titan XP is barely able to push such setting while frequently dropping frame rates.

Other thoughts. It seems that most of the pieces from this build are random. Some people are getting Kingston ram, some are getting g.skill and some are getting no name stuff. The 1070 all seem to be founders editions from EVGA or Gigabyte. The mother board seems to be either MSI or Gigabyte. The All-In-One liquid cooler is an Asetek not the one I linked (Though the price and performance are the same.) The power supply really has me worried. It's a rebrand of the one I linked. Never heard of either. The case all seem to be the same. It's a good budget case with decent airflow.

So in closing the comp will not play 4k at ultra but then again no comp is currently powerful enough to do that without some SERIOUS money and even then...
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

Thank you both guys appreciate the feedback. I Was curious is it possible to replace the Power supply with a name brand one when buying a Pre-Built PC? Not sure if i can call them or what? If possible what Power supply would you recommend in place of that?
    Last edited by Fatowl; 2017-01-14 at 08:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ovm33 View Post
    It appears, shockingly enough that it's cheaper to buy the pre-built than to build it yourself...
    No, you aren't.

You're forgetting a few things.

1) That cyberpower system likely comes with a B150/H170 board... Making the overclock CPU a bit useless
    2) It will come with a trash PSU
    3) It will actually cost more... because of tax.

So it costs more, and comes with meh parts.

4) Bonus - You can shave about $100 off the build there without sacrificing anything
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    No, you aren't.

You're forgetting a few things.

1) That cyberpower system likely comes with a B150/H170 board... Making the overclock CPU a bit useless

4) Bonus - You can shave about $100 off the build there without sacrificing anything
    Unless you have actually had hands on experience with the above system, your comments are hyperbolic, incorrect and pure guesswork. Before slagging off a system you could have at least bothered to do some basic research. After all it's not difficult to google the systems specifications and read some of the largely positive reviews of the system.

That cyberpower system likely comes with a B150/H170 board... Making the overclock CPU a bit useless
    Wrong. It comes with a Gigabyte Z170-HD3 motherboard, which achieves decent overclocking results. Surprising for a pre-built system.
    It will come with a trash PSU
    That's pure speculation on your part. Personally I've never heard of the PSU make before, so this could be the weak spot, however without actually testing it it's impossible to say for certain.
    It will actually cost more... because of tax.
    Either you have no understanding of how taxation works or you live somewhere with extremely regressive tax rules. The tax when paying for components separately compared to buying a whole system will be exactly the same. For example assuming a sales tax rate of 10%, ten items costing £10 each would accrue a total tax of £10, and a single item costing £100 would also accrue a total tax of £10. Both excactly the same. Delivery costs however will likely be cheaper for a complete system.

Personally I would never recommend buying a pre-built system if you are capable of building your own, but for a pre-built system this seems to be a good system. Certainly all the reviews of it are very positive.

10+ Year Old Account

I mean jesus... it's like you didn't even read what I wrote:

1: - I put the cheaper of the two MB's into the part list. Both are z170's:
    The mother board seems to be either MSI or Gigabyte.
    2: - What I said about the power supply:
    The power supply really has me worried. It's a rebrand of the one I linked. Never heard of either.

Thank you both guys appreciate the feedback. I Was curious is it possible to replace the Power supply with a name brand one when buying a Pre-Built PC? Not sure if i can call them or what? If possible what Power supply would you recommend in place of that?
    Wiring is in my opinion the most annoying part of building a PC. Especially the tidying of the cables... /ugh. (I never fail to make myself bleed doing it. That might have something to do with my big fat fingers too...) If you're going to do that might as well build your own. Further replacing the PSU will eat up any savings the pre-built is giving you. But as you requested my recommendation would be:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($78.89 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $78.89
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-01-15 11:24 EST-0500

I have a 750w version of it. Flawless operation after 2+ years. Dead silent. Fully modular. 10 year warranty. Would buy again.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethanie View Post
    Unless you have actually had hands on experience with the above system, your comments are hyperbolic, incorrect and pure guesswork.
    While it is technically 'guesswork', every cyberpower system I've had come into the shop has been evidence of such. I would say in the range of 100-200 systems.

Wrong. It comes with a Gigabyte Z170-HD3 motherboard, which achieves decent overclocking results. Surprising for a pre-built system
    I did look it up... where did you find that board for it?

That's pure speculation on your part. Personally I've never heard of the PSU make before, so this could be the weak spot, however without actually testing it it's impossible to say for certain.
    Most of them are. I haven't seen a cyberpower system with a good power supply unless it was a custom configuration that asked for it.

Either you have no understanding of how taxation works or you live somewhere with extremely regressive tax rules. The tax when paying for components separately compared to buying a whole system will be exactly the same. For example assuming a sales tax rate of 10%, ten items costing £10 each would accrue a total tax of £10, and a single item costing £100 would also accrue a total tax of £10. Both excactly the same. Delivery costs however will likely be cheaper for a complete system
    No. When buying parts, most of them aren't taxed. When buying a prebuilt, or at a store, it is. Maybe it's different where you live, given you're using £, but everyone was listing USD so I was basing it US.

Quote Originally Posted by ovm33 View Post
    I mean jesus... it's like you didn't even read what I wrote:
    1: - I put the cheaper of the two MB's into the part list. Both are z170's:
    I wasn't talking about the system you listed, I was talking about the prebuilt. But being MSI or Gigabyte doesn't make it a Z170 in the prebuilt. I looked up about 15 spec pages and none of them indicated chipset. Experience in the past has shown they usually aren't.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't talking about the system you listed, I was talking about the prebuilt. But being MSI or Gigabyte doesn't make it a Z170 in the prebuilt. I looked up about 15 spec pages and none of them indicated chipset. Experience in the past has shown they usually aren't.
    That's where the confusion is coming in at. The build I linked wasn't a "random" one. I went through each part and searched the reviews for people stating what they got. Some are reporting they got the MSI board I linked and others are reporting they got the Gigabyte Z170-HD3 that Bethanie is talking about. Same with the ram, SSD, HDD, Graphics Gard etc. In all cases I linked the cheapest version that people got in their build in my partpicker list if there were different people stating they got different things.

Further examples:

Some people got a Sandisk SSD other are reporting an ADATA.
    Some people got a Toshiba HDD others are reporting a Seagate.
    Some people got a EVGA 1070 others got a Gigabyte.

While I don't know Cyberpower all that well I assume what these are are the left over parts they have from bulk orders. This would explain why people are getting different brands of the same thing. /shrug. I would further postulate that the reason for such a deep discount on the PC, as far as Cyberpower prices are concerned, is because the 6700k is no longer the "big boy" on the block. Cyberpower and their ilk make there living on flashy headlines such as "Newest and most powerful I7 yet!"

Dear god stay away from Cyberpower/ibuypower. In the past they have used refurbished parts and from my experience the computer will die out of the blue. Go with MSI,ASUS ROG if you want a computer that will last you a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last night I was comparing Alienware Aurora and simalar builds cyberpower and the cyberpower comps were actually considerably more
    Processor:Intel I5 8600 @ 3.5Ghz
    Ram:G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) ddr4
    GPU: EVGA SC 1070
    some other stuff i can't remember eh