10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    No, you don't know how Wikileaks operates. They're completely opaque. You have a better handle on how the IC works due to its place in elected government than you do about what goes on at Wikileaks. For an organization that loves taking away everyone else's privacy, they sure seem to think we should just trust them.
    Being able to read, predict, write, publish and then see you do the exact envisionned answer, certainly makes me wonder if people here are more willing to pick a fight than ever agreeing to concede in the middle, or agree to disagree.
    Last edited by Zandalarian Paladin; 2017-01-15 at 05:37 AM.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

For an organization that loves taking away everyone else's privacy, they sure seem to think we should just trust them.
    Trust them with our information if their database idea ever pans out. Not to mention they seem to be awfully anti-leak although only when it comes to Trump. Strange...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Trust them with our information if their database idea ever pans out. Not to mention they seem to be awfully anti-leak although only when it comes to Trump. Strange...
    PS: This is not a leak. Look the definition up
    Google Diversity Memo

[...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    PS: This is not a leak. Look the definition up
    What are you talking about? The 2 page report? The dossier? How else do you think the press got news of either?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    What are you talking about? The 2 page report? The dossier? How else do you think the press got news of either?
    The link you sent explains a deliberate government decision. The illegal part comes about the administration's own rules, but the people implicated in this are immune. Per definition, this cannot be a leak, as the source is not anonymous and the "permission" was accorded.

The second part explain that by funnelling information to a media party, who then proceed to do a synthesis of it, mean that, when released in its editorialized form, the information is no longer raw but tainted of human bias.
    Google Diversity Memo

I'm kind of lost on the whole alleged 'CIA sending information to NBC before Trump' thing. Where did this come from?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    I'm kind of lost on the whole alleged 'CIA sending information to NBC before Trump' thing. Where did this come from?
    http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...source-n703741
    Google Diversity Memo

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the problem!
    I judged Trump's positions and found them lacking in how they'd help anyone but himself and select few corporate individuals.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The link you sent explains a deliberate government decision. The illegal part comes about the administration's own rules, but the people implicated in this are immune. Per definition, this cannot be a leak, as the source is not anonymous and the "permission" was accorded.

The second part explain that by funnelling information to a media party, who then proceed to do a synthesis of it, mean that, when released in its editorialized form, the information is no longer raw but tainted of human bias.
    So transparency is only permitted when done through Wikileaks? Not exactly comforting. Further the complaint that it's tainted by human bias kind of contradicts the idea that passing along the information is illegal. It's only illegal if it's top secret, which means it would be credible/vetted. So either it's true and they're breaking their own rules or the information is fabricated. Which is it? It can't be both. The addition of "before the PEOTUS sees it" just further cements the idea that they're running interference for Trump and/or the Kremlin (along with their sudden request for information damaging to the CIA that conveniently coincides with the CIA taking an interest in Trump's Kremlin ties.)
    Last edited by Shadowmelded; 2017-01-15 at 06:12 AM.

"The official agreed to talk to NBC News after the Post published leaked details of the review because the official felt that the details the paper's report focused too much on the Russian celebration and not enough on the thrust of the report."
    what?

Okay, so... it looks like we have some staffers telling NBC some secondhand information about a report that would be made public the next day. I don't see any indication that this was an official CIA decision; in fact, the CIA isn't mentioned in this at all. And Trump may say he wasn't told about it, but given that he apparently doesn't like getting briefings, I take that with a grain of salt.

This honestly doesn't seem particularly out of the ordinary. You can say that it gets 'tainted with bias' when they publish the article, but that happens to all news all the time. Not really seeing any particular reason for complaint here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I won't quote, out of respect, all the people who did, but there's no doubt that there has been a huge US vs THEM going on in this thread. And take in consideration that one party is strongly on the defensive while the other is strongly on the offensive, which quite frankly leads to absolutely no
    I mean, in the article, apparently. You don't get to attack the article for the way some people interpreted it, and you don't get to attack the company for that either.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbleduck View Post
    You obviously do not have any idea on the war against ISIS. US is not directly involve in any major theatre there, and for good reason.
    What?

This is from October:
    Mosul offensive: officials confirm US troops are on the ground

This is from December:
    U.S. forces embedding more to help Iraqis retake Mosul: commander
    'Our coalition must endure': 5,000+ US troops embed with coalition forces to strike Mosul

You obviously have no idea.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2017-01-15 at 07:31 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So this whole "Russian hackers hacked Trump" thing seems to be very popular in US media, what do you think they are distracting the American nation from? What else is going on behind the hysteria?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

7+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WLbjBP38-0
    oh wow i knew there were gonna be pee jokes but damn.

[QUOTE=DeadmanWalking;44174361]Show us the proof it was debunked. Go ahead, link some actual facts.

[COLOR="#417394"][SIZE=1]

Show me that is true Show us the proof go ahead some actual facts . Did CNN tell you its true it must be then

Enjoying your soon to come Trump presidency?
    Immensely!

You know I don't live in America, yeah?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Immensely!

You know I don't live in America, yeah?
    Same Canada FTW
    Google Diversity Memo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    Okay, so... it looks like we have some staffers telling NBC some secondhand information about a report that would be made public the next day. I don't see any indication that this was an official CIA decision; in fact, the CIA isn't mentioned in this at all. And Trump may say he wasn't told about it, but given that he apparently doesn't like getting briefings, I take that with a grain of salt.
    To supplement: Director of National Intelligence Clapper was specific in saying they didn't leak the info. There is, therefore, evidence that it was not an official CIA decision.

Plus the bolded of course. If you cut class, don't feign outrage because the test has material you skipped.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WLbjBP38-0

In case this is taken down, here's the source;

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-l.../3454408?snl=1