Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best in slot relic from Nighthold for each specc

Hello everyone. I was hoping we could all help each other out with loot distribution for this upcoming week. As we all know each class needs 3 relics (some only 2 different kind), but since there are multiple options it would be nice to know which are the best for each specc.
    So if you wouldn't mind posting the BiS relics for your specc here and I will add it to the table so we have a nice list for when Nighthold releases.

Death Knight - Blood
    Death Knight - Frost Heart of Frost Heart of Frost Warchief's Shattered Tusk
    Death Knight - Unholy Breath of Dusk Exothermic Core Phial of Fel Blood
    Demon Hunter - Havoc Writ of Subjugation Breath of Dusk
    Demon Hunter - Vengeance
    Druid - Balance Construct Personality Sphere Manatoxin Gland Manatoxin Gland
    Druid - Feral
    Druid - Guardian
    Druid - Restoration
    Hunter - Beast Master Infused Chitin Fragment Tempest of the Heavens Manatoxin Gland
    Hunter - Marksmanship
    Hunter - Survival
    Mage - Arcane
    Mage - Fire
    Mage - Frost Heart of Frost Heart of Frost Manatoxin Gland
    Monk - Brewmaster
    Monk - Mistweaver Suspended Nightwell Droplet Parasitic Spore Tempest of the Heavens
    Monk - Windwalker Parasitic Spore Tempest of the Heavens Suspended Nightwell Droplet
    Paladin - Holy Glistening Meteorite Shard Glistening Meteorite Shard Construct Personality Sphere
    Paladin - Protection
    Paladin - Retribution Exothermic Core Flickering Timespark Flickering Timespark
    Priest - Discipline Archaic Nathrezim Keepsake Archaic Nathrezim Keepsake Precipice of Eternity
    Priest - Holy
    Priest - Shadow Vampiric Fetish Warchief's Shattered Tusk Warchief's Shattered Tusk
    Rogue - Assassination
    Rogue - Outlaw
    Rogue - Sublety
    Shaman - Elemental Collapsing Epoch Sundered Comet Collapsing Epoch
    Shaman - Enhancement
    Shaman - Restoration
    Warlock - Affliction Breath of Dusk
    Warlock - Demonology Felstained Jawbone Fragments Exothermic Core Breath of Dusk
    Warlock - Destruction Exothermic Core Felstained Jawbone Fragments Felstained Jawbone Fragments
    Warrior - Arms
    Warrior - Fury Unkindled Ember Tempest of the Heavens Lionshead Lapel Clasp
    Warrior - Protection
    Last edited by Dastey; 2017-01-16 at 05:14 PM.

Deleted
    paladin retribution: 1 Fire Xavius (no BiS fire relic in NH, though thare are some nice one, just not bis trait), 2x Holy Relic from Chronomatic Anomaly (scnd NH Boss)

For Fury:
    Fire: Exothermic Core/Unkindled Ember
    Storm: Tempest of the Heavens
    Iron: Infused Chitin Fragment

Mistweaver
    Parasitic Spore (EF)
    Tempest of the Heavens (Vivify)
    Suspended Nightwell Droplet (Vivify)
    Last edited by Floopa; 2017-01-14 at 04:01 PM.

Foe enhancement, we don't have any relics with BiS traits from Nighthold. Our current BiS trait relics from raids are Fragment of Eternal Spite - Fire (Xavius), Uplifting Emerald - Storm (Cenarius), and Unforged Titansteel - Iron (Odyn).

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Havoc Demon Hunter:

Fel Relic - Writ of Subjugation (Tichondrius)
    Shadow Relic - Despoiled Dragonscale (Nythendra)

Both of the above relics are related to the current BiS critical chaos trait (~15 ilvl). However, once Convergence of Fates and/or Delusions of Grandeur is taken into account, Unleashed Demons relics will most likely become the BiS (~40 ilvl if it allows an extra Meta) but this is understandably harder to calculate.

Fel and Shadow Unleashed Demon relics drop from Nighthold bosses

Fel Relic - Felstained Jawbone Fragments (Gul'dan)
    Shadow Relic - Breath of Dusk (High Botanist Tel'am)

Also, since the Metamorphosis relics gives 15/15/10 reduction to Meta CD, it is very likely you won't want to get a 3rd Unleashed Demon relic and instead we will use Writ of Subjugation from Tichondrius as 2nd Fel Relic.

IN MY OPINION

Frost Mage: Heart of Frost x2, Manatoxin Gland

BM hunter currently: Infused Chitin Fragment, tempest of the heavens and probably Manatoxin Gland (unless u can get silly high from m+/xavius)

Elemental doesn't have any of the BiS relics in nighthold. It's all earthquake and chain lightning damage. I mean wtf blizz?

Quote Originally Posted by Rakrath View Post
    paladin retribution: 1 Fire Xavius (no BiS fire relic in NH, though thare are some nice one, just not bis trait), 2x Holy Relic from Chronomatic Anomaly (scnd NH Boss)
    This is only true if you get a high titanforged version of the Xavius relic. An 905 Exothermic Core will beat an 880 AW relic.

Affliction: Shadow from botanist.
    The blood relics don't have the bis trait, but it drops from Helya.

Your list is kinda silly though because of the ilevel gradient.

Windwalker monks need 3 relics with the "fists of the wind" trait, as it can make up for up to ~15 weapon ilvl over other traits. Haven't looked which traits the NH relics inherit, so I just went ahead and named the trait we want.

Shadow priests will want the traits for increasing all damage by 1% or the one increasing VT damage (I'm no longer up to date with shadow since I quitted that class in 7.1 after 6+ years of maining it).

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Windwalker monks need 3 relics with the "fists of the wind" trait, as it can make up for up to ~15 weapon ilvl over other traits. Haven't looked which traits the NH relics inherit, so I just went ahead and named the trait we want.

Shadow priests will want the traits for increasing all damage by 1% or the one increasing VT damage (I'm no longer up to date with shadow since I quitted that class in 7.1 after 6+ years of maining it).
    I don't play a WW monk, but a certain trait being worth 15 actual weapon ilvls is very doubtful. Surely you mean 15 ilvls on the actual relic?

Deleted
    Blood DK: Anything that gives vampiric fangs.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    I don't play a WW monk, but a certain trait being worth 15 actual weapon ilvls is very doubtful. Surely you mean 15 ilvls on the actual relic?
    No its 15 ilvls on the weapon.
    Rogues would like a word with you, their relics was worth 72 ilvls on weapon at one point.

For many the traits are worth much more than ilvls.

Quote Originally Posted by Joryy View Post
    Affliction: Shadow from botanist.
    The blood relics don't have the bis trait, but it drops from Helya.

Your list is kinda silly though because of the ilevel gradient.
    You say it's silly. I say it's people who don't actually read what the topic says where it clearly says "Best in slot relics FROM NIGHTHOLD" aka the best possible each specc can get from inside that instance

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    No, weapon ilvl. That's if it's compared to any non-damage-increasing trait. Against other damage increasing traits that gap can be as low as 3 weapon ilvl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    Elemental doesn't have any of the BiS relics in nighthold. It's all earthquake and chain lightning damage. I mean wtf blizz?
    While I agree that Elemental relic traits are ridiculous in NH, I'd say that the nature damage one became useful after the 9% buff to LB. Also, ilvl is still king since you can't really gear Elemental for bis traits since all talent combinations need slightly different traits.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    For Balance Druids it probably is:

Life - Construct Personality Sphere from Trilliax
    Arcane - 2x Manatoxin Gland from Skorpyron

shadow priest its

Blood :Vampiric fetish (tichondrius)

Shadow x2 : Warchief's Shattered Tusk (guldan)