Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TrumpIsPresident View Post
    Why was she "placed" in jail?
    Suspicion of murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I'm not sure on the laws about abortions in prisons, but I do know that once you become incarcerated, you're not given the same rights anymore. You're guaranteed basic rights - food, water, shelter, medical care (when it's necessary) - and that's about it.
    This decision would seem to disagree...

The difference being the woman in that instance was going to pay for it herself and the LEOs refused to provider her transportation to a clinic. Which leads us to the problem of "the state would either have to pay for the abortion or pay for the continued care of the inevitable child" in Kei'Choura Cathey's case.

Did you read where she wanted the Sheriff's to pay for it and that's why she suing? They don't have to pay for an elective surgery. That's not forcing her to give birth.
    An abortion is not an elective surgery, it's not even a surgery at all. And yes, the sheriff's were the one to place her in jail, so yes, they need to pay for it.

maybe she should have kept her legs closed if she didn't want to deal with having a child.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    maybe she should have kept her legs closed if she didn't want to deal with having a child.
    Consensual sex between adults is not a crime. Abortion is how she was going to deal with not having a child.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    Pregnancy is not a fucking punishment, jackass.

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Suspicion of murder.
    Yes, a victim of her own circumstance.

And the Sheriff did try his best to make accommodations including travel and petitioning the judge three times to reduce her bond.

He followed the law precisely and did nothing wrong.

If some well meaning persons want to get together for "change" then they can petition the proper lawmakers and leave the police out of it.

But if a bunch of outraged triggered SJWs want to try to go after the Sheriff for damages then they can go fuck themselves, says I, because he did noting wrong.

We cant just let people out of prison on a whim, procedure exists for a reason and this Sheriff followed that procedure.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by TrumpIsPresident View Post

We cant just let people out of prison on a whim.
    She was not in prison.

10+ Year Old Account
    An abortion is not an elective surgery, it's not even a surgery at all. And yes, the sheriff's were the one to place her in jail, so yes, they need to pay for it.
    Last I checked, government funds are prohibited from being used for abortions. See Planned Parenthood.

You're right, it's a procedure. However, I disagree that the sheriffs should have to pay for it. They didn't get her pregnant and they weren't necessarily denying her from getting it done. It's was on her to get the funds, just like it would be if she wasn't in jail.
    Having the funds to have the procedure, sure. She was waiting in jail to get the funds to pay a bond, not the procedure, which took long enough that it was then illegal to get the procedure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Last I checked, government funds are prohibited from being used for abortions. See Planned Parenthood.
    Which is the most retarded thing ever.

Yes, make sure all poor women pump out those babies they are too poor to pay for, that way that money AND MORE that you did not give to PP for the occasional abortion because of a failed contraception/rape/ignorant sexcapade will now go to ALL those babies of poor women for EIGHTEEN YEARS.

An abortion is referred to as an elective or voluntary abortion when it is performed at the request of the woman for non-medical reasons

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion

Care to rephrase?

She ELECTED to have consensual sex. The act of consensual sex is for the sole purpose of reproduction. You're right its not a crime to have sex but your body could give 2 shits if you're just doing it to have fun. Your body thinks its trying to create a child so its going to go through all the motions to make that possible automatically. The sperm will always swim towards the egg. The sperm will always try to penetrate the egg. You know how the rest goes. I understand she was probably having sex for fun and pleasure but your body does not know the difference. It just does. She may have used contraceptives but that doesn't excuse the existence of a child. They fail. Just as armored glass or bullet proof vests fail. So some level of reasonable responsibility for the existence of the child falls on her. Much more so than the state and the tax payers.

She is not ENTITLED to have an elective surgery on the state's dime. Like it or not. That responsibility falls on her because she consensually engaged in the act. If the state were to cave and pay for the surgery how many more women would see this as an opportunity to get themselves incarcerated because they feel they can't afford an abortion? And before you answer with " well the average woman wouldn't do that" , answer this. Before the ruling of Roe v. Wade back alley illegal and dangerous abortions were at an all time high because women felt they had no other option.

Yes, make sure all poor women pump out those babies they are too poor to pay for, that way that money AND MORE that you did not give to PP for the occasional abortion because of a failed contraception/rape/ignorant sexcapade will now go to ALL those babies of poor women for EIGHTEEN YEARS.
    All while complaining profusely about welfare queens treating their families to junk food for every meal.

Deleted
    Placed in jail under the SUSPICION of murder. Prison is where you are placed if you are CONVICTED of murder. And even then, you can continue to appeal.
    this distinction is irrelevant, once sufficient evidence has been accrued for incarceration, the state can restrict the citizens rights.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    All while complaining profusely about welfare queens treating their families to junk food for every meal.
    Oh dear god, we lost so much when Mr. Carlin died. We need someone as unafraid as he was to take up the mic again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gabraham View Post
    An abortion is referred to as an elective or voluntary abortion when it is performed at the request of the woman for non-medical reasons

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion

Care to rephrase?

She ELECTED to have consensual sex. The act of consensual sex is for the sole purpose of reproduction. You're right its not a crime to have sex but your body could give 2 shits if you're just doing it to have fun. Your body thinks its trying to create a child so its going to go through all the motions to make that possible automatically. The sperm will always swim towards the egg. The sperm will always try to penetrate the egg. You know how the rest goes. I understand she was probably having sex for fun and pleasure but your body does not know the difference. It just does. She may have used contraceptives but that doesn't excuse the existence of a child. They fail. Just as armored glass or bullet proof vests fail. So some level of reasonable responsibility for the existence of the child falls on her. Much more so than the state and the tax payers.

She is not ENTITLED to have an elective surgery on the state's dime. Like it or not. That responsibility falls on her because she consensually engaged in the act. If the state were to cave and pay for the surgery how many more women would see this as an opportunity to get themselves incarcerated because they feel they can't afford an abortion? And before you answer with " well the average woman wouldn't do that" , answer this. Before the ruling of Roe v. Wade back alley illegal and dangerous abortions were at an all time high because women felt they had no other option.
    She would have been able to abort if she was not jailed. Want to jail pregnant women? Then letting them abort comes with that.

Am i the only one who thinks the headline is an outright lie?
    He didnt deny her an abortion at all. If i were the sheriff i whould sue the news company for slander.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabraham View Post
    She ELECTED to have consensual sex. The act of consensual sex is for the sole purpose of reproduction.
    Horseshit.

I'd say that the county and the sheriff's dept are in trouble;

The U.S. Supreme Court, in the past, has ruled in favor of women who seek abortion while incarcerated.
    In 2005, the high court cleared the way for a Missouri prisoner to obtain an abortion by refusing to block a court order to transport her to an outside clinic.
    In 2008, the court ruled that an Arizona woman had a constitutional right to obtain an abortion outside the jail. Corrections officials had refused to provide transportation.

Oh dear god, we lost so much when Mr. Carlin died. We need someone as unafraid as he was to take up the mic again.

- - - Updated - - -

She would have been able to abort if she was not jailed. Want to jail pregnant women? Then letting them abort comes with that.
    I also would have been able to employ investment banking and procuring a patent for my time machine if I weren't jailed under reasonable suspicion of murder but hey. Sometimes you just have to not get suspected of killing people.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Am i the only one who thinks the headline is an outright lie?
    He didnt deny her an abortion at all. If i were the sheriff i whould sue the news company for slander.
    The faux outrage over clickbait headlines never gets old.

The video says she's suing because she wanted officers to pay for the procedure. The Judge reduced her bond 3 times (to help her out), from $1 million to $8000 and then she only had to pay 10% of that up front ($800) . She didn't do that. The sheriff says "She decided to stay the course".
    She didn't have the funds to pay the bond to get out of jail to get the abortion until 6 months later, and in ANY state in America, 6months pregnant is TOO LATE to abort.