Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Horseshit.
    I'm sorry. Please clarify. You mean our bodies didn't evolve the means to reproduce purely for conception? The fact that it feels good is a byproduct. Its primary function has been and always will be to procreate. I implore you to prove otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabraham View Post
    I also would have been able to employ investment banking and procuring a patent for my time machine if I weren't jailed under reasonable suspicion of murder but hey. Sometimes you just have to not get suspected of killing people.
    Want to jail pregnant women? Ensure they can abort.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    They didn't deny her from having the procedure. They tried to work with her and were going to transport her, but she wanted them to pay for it.
    And just exactly how was she going to pay of it?
    Think!

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    So if I'm pregnant I'm allowed to go out and commit crimes? The two aren't mutually exclusive.

The state isn't required to pay for tattoo removal. It shouldn't have to pay for an abortion under any circumstances unless its medically needed. I made a decision that would have a permanent lasting effect on my body. The moment I regret that decision and wish to reverse it, it is on me to procure the means to make that so. Not the state.
    Last edited by Gabraham; 2017-01-15 at 03:16 PM.

The video says she's suing because she wanted officers to pay for the procedure. The Judge reduced her bond 3 times (to help her out), from $1 million to $8000 and then she only had to pay 10% of that up front ($800) . She didn't do that. The sheriff says "She decided to stay the course".
    Setting aside for a moment the ridiculous idea of someone who was originally given $1 million bond having that reduced to $8k (it's almost like the system is corrupt as hell and they're just trying to squeeze as much money as possible out of people...because they can get away with it), are we assuming that she had the money and simply refused to pay? Because if she didn't have the money, what choice would she have had but to "stay the course?"

So if I'm pregnant I'm allowed to go out and commit crimes? The two aren't mutually exclusive.
    That has nothing to do with what I said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Setting aside for a moment the ridiculous idea of someone who was originally given $1 million bond having that reduced to $8k (it's almost like the system is corrupt as hell and they're just trying to squeeze as much money as possible out of people...because they can get away with it), are we assuming that she had the money and simply refused to pay? Because if she didn't have the money, what choice would she have had but to "stay the course?"
    She did not have the money to pay for the procedure AND the bond. It took her 6months to get the money to pay the bond.

Deleted
    Not really.
    Your general rights of autonomy are restricted by definition while incarcerated, it would be eminently plausible (in current legal order) to restrict abortions for any woman incarcerated as a matter of course.

That has nothing to do with what I said.
    That is EXACTLY what you said.

That is EXACTLY what you said.
    Nope. I said if we are going to jail pregnant women, ensure they can abort.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    And just exactly how was she going to pay of it?
    Think!
    A woman unable to finance her abortion does not have a right to force anyone else pay for it, under any circumstance.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    A woman unable to finance her abortion does not have a right to force anyone else pay for it, under any circumstance.
    The US Supreme Court says you're wrong.

If you jail her while she is pregnant, you need to pay for it. It is part of HER basic health and CHEAPER then maintaining her health while pregnant, so it is def in the states best interest to provide it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The US Supreme Court says you're wrong.
    Please give me that Citation - Absent minors, I supremely doubt any ruling forces the state to pay for an abortion ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is the most retarded thing ever.

Yes, make sure all poor women pump out those babies they are too poor to pay for, that way that money AND MORE that you did not give to PP for the occasional abortion because of a failed contraception/rape/ignorant sexcapade will now go to ALL those babies of poor women for EIGHTEEN YEARS.
    I'm all for PP having more funding going their way and abortion rights, but you can't sue the government for something you voluntarily did while knowing the full consequences. This is the point right wingers are making with "personal responsibility." This was not a case of rape or incest, she voluntarily had sex. So why should the sheriffs department have to pay for it?

And the sheriff and court bent over backwards for her. Reducing her bond from 1 million dollars to eight thousand and she still couldn't pay for 10% of that ($800). So how was she going to pay for an abortion? She wasn't. She was going to foot the bill to everyone else just like she's trying to do now. A million dollar lawsuit because she had sex.

Deleted
    If you jail her, you need to pay for it.
    It being elective surgery, No.

It being elective surgery, No.
    It is not a surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    I'm all for PP having more funding going their way and abortion rights, but you can't sue the government for something you voluntarily did while knowing the full consequences. This is the point right wingers are making with "personal responsibility." This was not a case of rape or incest, she voluntarily had sex. So why should the sheriffs department have to pay for it?

And the sheriff and court bent over backwards for her. Reducing her bond from 1 million dollars to eight thousand and she still couldn't pay for 10% of that ($800). So how was she going to pay for an abortion? She wasn't. She was going to foot the bill to everyone else just like she's trying to do now. A million dollar lawsuit because she had sex.
    Why was the bond set at 1mil to begin with? She clearly was not such a high risk or they would not have lowered it at all. Why should she be expected to be prepared to pay a bond AND her abortion? She did not find out she was pregnant until after she was jailed. If she had not been jailed, she would have been able to abort. But since she was jailed, she had to get money to get out of jail and abort, which took her 6months, past the point where she could abort.

It is not a surgery.
    sur·ger·y
    ˈsərj(ə)rē/
    noun
    the treatment of injuries or disorders of the body by incision or manipulation, especially with instruments.

What?

"Surgical abortion, also known as suction aspiration abortion, can be performed in a one-day procedure if less than 14 weeks have passed since the first day of your last menstrual period. The procedure is done in the doctor's office with local anesthesia and oral pain-relieving medications."
    Inserting a suction tube inside the opening of my cervix is no more a surgery then inserting a dildo inside the opening of my vagina, regardless of the words someone uses to describe it.

Why was the bond set at 1mil to begin with? She clearly was not such a high risk or they would not have lowered it at all. Why should she be expected to be prepared to pay a bond AND her abortion? She did not find out she was pregnant until after she was jailed. If she had not been jailed, she would have been able to abort. But since she was jailed, she had to get money to get out of jail and abort, which took her 6months, past the point where she could abort.
    Reasonable suspicion of murder immediately garners high risk status.