10+ Year Old Account
    They are really really slow.

From semi-hyped to not interested at all.

Gj Nintendo.
    Hi

Deleted
    No reason to buy the Switch atm if you have a Wii U like myself tbh. I can play the new Zelda on it. Whats the launch games, Zelda & 1,2 Switch... Should have waited and released the handheld closer to winter 2017 so they had Zelda, Mario, Splatoon 2, MK8 Delux and if they would have made us go crazy they should have shown a new Metroid Prime game for launch too.

That would have been amazing but they only release Zelda (which you can play on Wii U) and a wii sports game, GG.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Zelda is probably going to sell a mil on the Wii U(TP sold 2+ mil on Gamecube FFS). Nintendo wouldn't even bother releasing it if it wasn't going to sell units. Also that's not how it works, you port a game. You don't develop it from the ground up for 2 systems. It's very clearly a Wii U port.
    No, I mean I don't think the Zelda game could have turned a profit with only a couple million sales. It LOOKS like it could be a Skyrim-level huge open world with stuff to do. Maybe I'm wrong and the game takes a whole five hours to get to the final boss, but if it can take over a hundred hours to 100% (and, of course, it's fun enough to make you WANT to do it) I can easily see it having a huge budget. Remember, Tomb Raider was considered a FAILURE for selling SIX MILLION copies. If this Zelda has a similar budget, I would believe it if someone told me that the Switch was made solely so that Zelda could have a fresh start on a console where it would be feasible to turn a profit on the budget.

Not gonna defend Nintendo on literally anything else. There's no defending them. If they knew their launch year was going to be THIS weak, their options were to have their own studios make a solid launch lineup (which they didn't do) or bring in the third parties to make up for it while their studios worked on games down the pipeline (which they didn't do).
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    No, I mean I don't think the Zelda game could have turned a profit with only a couple million sales.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebar.../#1241392308e2

Plenty of Wii U games have sold 3-5 million copies(3DW, NSMBU, WWHD, Mario Maker, Splatoon, MK8, Smash). Zelda was always going to make them money either way, it's just giving people who didn't already own a Wii U a better incentive to buy the Switch. If Zelda wasn't releasing on the switch it would be guaranteed to sell 2 million on the Wii U, probably closer to 5 mil then 2 mil tbh.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-01-15 at 12:46 PM.

Ya there not impressed with it as a home console and not impressed with a lot of the games. Some running 30fps and under 1080p, Including Bomberman.

Holy shit the Street Fighter game (that was on 360) is $40 lol.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-01-15 at 01:59 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

http://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebar.../#1241392308e2

Plenty of Wii U games have sold 3-5 million copies(3DW, NSMBU, WWHD, Mario Maker, Splatoon, MK8, Smash). Zelda was always going to make them money either way, it's just giving people who didn't already own a Wii U a better incentive to buy the Switch. If Zelda wasn't releasing on the switch it would be guaranteed to sell 2 million on the Wii U, probably closer to 5 mil then 2 mil tbh.
    And I'm saying that 5 million MIGHT be the MINIMUM Zelda might need to sell to break even. It looks that ambitious. Then again, maybe it's not, but Nintendo needs to be profiting now more than ever.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly after watching the DF vid, I'm a little more accepting of what we have here. If you look at it as a handheld that can be played on your TV with a some visual improvements then it's wonderful. I think the problem is that many people, including myself, were looking at it as a new home console that can also be used as a handheld.

I've always wanted Nintendo to either focus their efforts on the handheld market or stop making consoles, so for me this is a step in the right direction. The chances of Nintendo getting any worthwhile 3rd party support are fucking 0 though.

Also JT you were incorrect. Only 3 games were running at 30 fps. All the others were at 60.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I'm amazed by the fact some people can't handle negative feedback about The Switch/Nintendo.

Also I don't think anyone in this thread, myself included has said The Switch is a bad system.
    My post was specifically aimed at the assholes who went after someone a couple pages ago specifically because they said they were excited about more games on the Switch than other systems. They seemed so offended by the fact that this person liked games coming out on a Nintendo system that they went after them personally in multiple posts. I don't care if you criticize the system. I personally think its marketing is BS. To me, its an amazing handheld that happens to have a tv hookup, not a "home console" like they claim it is. I just don't see the point of attacking people who like it. There's no need to be a dick to someone just because you have a different opinion. Not aimed at your reply to me. I'm referring to the assholes attacking that poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post

Also JT you were incorrect. Only 3 games were running at 30 fps. All the others were at 60.
    Ya I changed that

Honestly after watching the DF vid, I'm a little more accepting of what we have here. If you look at it as a handheld that can be played on your TV with a some visual improvements then it's wonderful. I think the problem is that many people, including myself, were looking at it as a new home console that can also be used as a handheld.
    Ya and that is the fault of Nintendo, they are marketing it was home console. As a home console its shit, but as a handheld its amazing and Nintendo should push that message much more.

They are marketing it as a Wii-U replacement when they should be marketing it as The Nintendo Platform that is handheld with a hook to tv feature.

Its poor marketing...again..

Like I said before this screams Wii-U 2.0

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    My post was specifically aimed at the assholes who went after someone a couple pages ago specifically because they said they were excited about more games on the Switch than other systems. They seemed so offended by the fact that this person liked games coming out on a Nintendo system that they went after them personally in multiple posts. I don't care if you criticize the system. I personally think its marketing is BS. To me, its an amazing handheld that happens to have a tv hookup, not a "home console" like they claim it is. I just don't see the point of attacking people who like it. There's no need to be a dick to someone just because you have a different opinion. Not aimed at your reply to me. I'm referring to the assholes attacking that poster.
    Don't get me wrong I 100% agree.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I am really interested in this system but maybe it's just a touch too costly for an initial purchase. I don't play console games often enough to run out and grab one of these.

However, provided there is a killer main series Pokemon game I'll definitely get one of these switches.

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    And I'm saying that 5 million MIGHT be the MINIMUM Zelda might need to sell to break even. It looks that ambitious. Then again, maybe it's not, but Nintendo needs to be profiting now more than ever.
    I just linked you an article saying the game needed 2 million copies to break even. Where are you getting this 5 mil from?

Nintendo doesn't roll like that dude. Extremely risky AAA game development is not their thing. Your comparison to Bethesda is also sketch because Bethesda like Nintendo makes games on the smaller scale team wise, on smaller budgets. Fallout 4 had a 100 man dev team, Skyrim was about 80. Those games like Nintendo aren't close to the behemoths like Ubisoft or Rockstar putting 300+ dudes on a single game.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-01-15 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I am really interested in this system but maybe it's just a touch too costly for an initial purchase. I don't play console games often enough to run out and grab one of these.

However, provided there is a killer main series Pokemon game I'll definitely get one of these switches.
    The price is fine if you look at the system for what it actually is: A beefy handheld system that can hook into a TV for a bigger screen/higher resolution.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    The price is fine if you look at the system for what it actually is: A beefy handheld system that can hook into a TV for a bigger screen/higher resolution.
    The Vita was a beefy handheld in 2011 and that $300 price tag definitely wasn't fine. Hell, and it actually had a $250 model(if you could find one anyways).

The 3DS wasn't fine at $250 either when it launched and it had to drop in price fairly quickly.

Handhelds have never done well priced above $200. PSP, Vita and 3DS all which launched at $250 or higher needed fast price cuts.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's still not fine even when you look at what it actually is, a moderatorly powerful tablet.

The Vita was a beefy handheld in 2011 and that $300 price tag definitely wasn't fine. Hell, and it actually had a $250 model(if you could find one anyways).

The 3DS wasn't fine at $250 either when it launched and it had to drop in price fairly quickly.

Handhelds have never done well priced above $200. PSP, Vita and 3DS all which launched at $250 or higher needed fast price cuts.
    You need to also consider that it comes with the Joy-Con controller. Alone those sell for about $80 on Amazon. That's for the set of Left AND Right. A SINGLE Joy-Con is $40.

Vita, 3DS, and Tablets do not come with such controllers so that price isn't baked in. So take that price away and the Switch itself is about $220. That's not even adding in the cost of the dock (if I had to guess, the mount would be $40-$50 sold separately). If they sold the Switch seperatle form the controller and dock (which I guarantee they will after some time) it would be under $250.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

You need to also consider that it comes with the Joy-Con controller. Alone those sell for about $80 on Amazon. That's for the set of Left AND Right. A SINGLE Joy-Con is $40.

Vita, 3DS, and Tablets do not come with such controllers so that price isn't baked in. So take that price away and the Switch itself is about $220. That's not even adding in the cost of the dock (if I had to guess, the mount would be $40-$50 sold separately). If they sold the Switch seperatle form the controller and dock (which I guarantee they will after some time) it would be under $250.
    I can't believe you're trying this argument.

The joy cons are $80 because Nintendo wants you to spend that much, not because they're worth that much.

The dock is $90 at retail and probably costs them $20 to make. It's literally a piece of plastic with an extra fan and some ports.

Of course every hand held ever has no buttons on it I see you have learned the art of bullshit speak from Reggie.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-01-15 at 03:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Check the prices of say xbox or PS4 controllers too on amazon while you're at it. That may say a thing or two about whether they should actually be 80.
    Last edited by zealo; 2017-01-15 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Check the prices of say xbox or PS4 controllers too on amazon while you're at it. That may say a thing or too about whether they should actually be 80.
    Not to mention even ps4/xb1 controllers could be a lot cheaper if they wanted them to be without losing money. They all like making big profits on accessories, as it keeps retailers happy as they have small profit margins on consoles themselves.

Remember the "official" ps3 hdmi cable they tried to sell for $50? Damn must of been $50 worth of value when they added it in for free with the ps4

I can't believe you're trying this argument.

The joy cons are $80 because Nintendo wants you to spend that much, not because they're worth that much.

The dock is $90 at retail and probably costs them $20 to make. It's literally a piece of plastic with an extra fan and some ports.

Of course every hand held ever has no buttons on it I see you have learned the art of bullshit speak from Reggie.
    If you have a problem with the price: Don't buy one.

It's really that simple. I honestly don't think sales will be a big issue with this one there is already a LOT more buzz about it than the WiiU had.