Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Please give me that Citation - Absent minors, I supremely doubt any ruling forces the state to pay for an abortion ever.
    It was in the prior link:
    The U.S. Supreme Court, in the past, has ruled in favor of women who seek abortion while incarcerated.
    In 2005, the high court cleared the way for a Missouri prisoner to obtain an abortion by refusing to block a court order to transport her to an outside clinic.
    In 2008, the court ruled that an Arizona woman had a constitutional right to obtain an abortion outside the jail. Corrections officials had refused to provide transportation.

At every point it was the state or the fed that paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Inserting a suction tube inside the opening of my cervix is no more a surgery then inserting a dildo inside the opening of my vagina, regardless of the words someone uses to describe it.
    If its that easy why don't all women just do it themselves?.... oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Gabraham View Post
    Reasonable suspicion of murder immediately garners high risk status.
    Clearly it did not, since they all but removed the bond.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The U.S. Supreme Court, in the past, has ruled in favor of women who seek abortion while incarcerated.
    In 2005, the high court cleared the way for a Missouri prisoner to obtain an abortion by refusing to block a court order to transport her to an outside clinic.
    In 2008, the court ruled that an Arizona woman had a constitutional right to obtain an abortion outside the jail. Corrections officials had refused to provide transportation.

No where in those citations does it state the government paid for it. Merely that they made it possible for an inmate to get an abortion.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It's not an opinion, I have done both - I have inserted a tube inside the opening of my cervix and inserted a dildo inside the opening of my vagina - neither are surgeries.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gabraham View Post
    If its that easy why don't all women just do it themselves?.... oh wait...
    We can do it for each other and have done it for each other. It's referred to as menstruation extraction. Your point?

menstrual-extraction

10+ Year Old Account
    Why was the bond set at 1mil to begin with? She clearly was not such a high risk or they would not have lowered it at all.
    She was in jail for suspected murder. A million dollar bond says there's pretty good evidence saying shes guilty.

Why should she be expected to be prepared to pay a bond AND her abortion?
    Your own source says she wasn't. The sheriff would have taken her to get an abortion had she funded it herself.

She did not find out she was pregnant until after she was jailed. If she had not been jailed, she would have been able to abort.
    Would she? How do we know she would have gotten an abortion had she not been arrested? For all we know she would have kept the child.

But since she was jailed, she had to get money to get out of jail and abort, which took her 6months, past the point where she could abort.
    It took her 6 months to get $800. I don't know how much an abortion costs but I can imagine it's not cheap.

there's more to an abortion than inserting a tube in the vagina.
    If it is done later then 14 weeks, yes.

If not, no.

Are you ignoring one just to prove a point? The woman in the article didn't need a pill. She needed the procedure, which is defined as a surgery.
    The procedure done after 14 weeks requires more then just a suction tube, as I said.

The procedure done before 14 weeks does not.

I'm not understanding your disconnect here. We've established this.

When you first said abortion isn't a surgery, you didn't break it down. It can be a surgery.
    When she asked for the abortion, it was less then 14 weeks.

Deleted

No, see all those cases the 'mother' had to pay for the procedure - The state was merely required to shuttle her around.

Deleted
    Inserting a suction tube inside the opening of my cervix is no more a surgery then inserting a dildo inside the opening of my vagina, regardless of the words someone uses to describe it.
    Fine, its an elective procedure then - Whatever word one wishes to use, it does not alter the fundamental - electivity - of the procedure.

Read:

"Surgical abortion, also known as suction aspiration abortion, can be performed in a one-day procedure if less than 14 weeks have passed since the first day of your last menstrual period. The procedure is done in the doctor's office with local anesthesia and oral pain-relieving medications."
    Yes, I perform surgery on myself every night by inserting a dildo inside the opening of my vagina.
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-01-15 at 04:06 PM.

Winter Blossom, I believe you may have made your point. *nods*

The more I read about this particular case the more dodgy it seems to me.

You're deliberately being obtuse and making asinine statements. When you feel like having an actual discusssion, where you can properly read what's being given to you and form a relevant opinion about it, we can try again.
    Everything in that passage you quoted is not necessary before 14 weeks.

early-abortion

"What Is Manual Vacuum Aspiration?

The MVA procedure is the same as abortion by vacuum aspiration with the advantage of using a hand held syringe instead of an aspiration machine.

Unfortunately, many physicians in other clinics do not do this procedure because they have not been trained to use this method"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    She wasn't forced to give birth, she was just unable to exercise her personal autonomy to have an abortion, because she was in prison.
    In just the same way she was unable to do anything at all, because she was incarcerated.
    Yes, let's keep adding more orphans to the world pool. That's better.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    right so the police in question offered her transportation to a medical facility.

so forced.

did she not have health insurance or what?

Misleading as hell. She was not denied any abortion, she was even helped so she could get out of jail faster/get transported to a clinic to get it done. The only thing he did not do was pay for the abortion. I am not sure how it works in the US, abortions should be free imo, but it seems like she could not afford it, and now sues the sheriff for some easy money.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    right so the police in question offered her transportation to a medical facility.

so forced.

did she not have health insurance or what?
    Says she could not scrape up around 800$ for the bond. I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Piglord View Post
    After actually watching the video they didn't force her to do anything. She is suing because she wanted them to pay for it, and they refused because it is an elective procedure. They even went so far as to get her bond reduced three times, but she waited past the point of no return before bonding out.
    This.
    /10carrots

And just exactly how was she going to pay of it?
    Think!
    If she can't pay for it in jail how was she going to pay for it out of jail. If she couldn't raise 800 dollars in 6 months I doubt she could have paid for it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    18 to 29 year olds have 112 times sex per year.
    So unless women get one baby a year it's clear that the primary reason to have sex is for fun.

Also: http://www.pinktherapy.com/portals/0...avesex2007.pdf
    Number of acts doesn't define the act itself. The primary biological purpose of sex is to procreate. I can go my entire life without engaging in consensual sex and my body would not be deprived of any actual physical resource. Other than the lack of a child.

Lets refer to Maslow's Hierarchy of Basic Human Needs

1. Physiological - Things the body needs to survive. Food, water, medicine etc...
    2. Safety - Things we need to protect us from our environment. Shelter and security.
    3. Love/Belonging - The need to belong and gain acceptance from a family and/or social group.
    4. Esteem - The need to have a positive view of one's self.
    5. Self-Actualization - The need and want of a person to be the best they can at whatever it is they apply themselves to.

These needs are listed in order of most important to survival to least important. Yes sex can satisfy certain psychological needs but its PRIMARY BIOLOGICAL purpose has been and always will be procreation. If we never evolved the need to procreate via insemination then sex in its current form would not exist.