Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Another firemage trinket problem

ok guys,

This is me /kazzak/Élthia/simple (cant post links)

Struggling with working out which trinkets are best for single target. Using sims and it really doesn't seem to be helping me out.
    Trinkets are as follows.
    865 bough of corruption
    850 wriggling sinew
    850 swarming plaguehive
    840 devilsaur shock baton
    860 arcanostone
    840 naraxas spikes tongue
    860 unstable horrorslime
    865 figurehead of the naglfar.

My AP is not capped so I realise I'm losing a lot of damage there. but I'm struggling with single target. I get my burst off on a raid boss and by the time the fight ends even with 2x BL I'm barely staying at 320k dps.

Thanks for the help

865 bough of corruption (for straight ST u might wanna go dsb or ws, but simming will bring bough on top)
    860 arcanostone

If u have money and some bloods - go for dmf hellfire and max upg it, then run it along with arcanocrystal - quite a potent combo!
    Last edited by Hasufer; 2017-01-14 at 08:02 AM.

snew + bough nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by bill1029 View Post
    ok guys,

This is me /kazzak/Élthia/simple (cant post links)

Struggling with working out which trinkets are best for single target. Using sims and it really doesn't seem to be helping me out.
    Trinkets are as follows.
    865 bough of corruption
    850 wriggling sinew
    850 swarming plaguehive
    840 devilsaur shock baton
    860 arcanostone
    840 naraxas spikes tongue
    860 unstable horrorslime
    865 figurehead of the naglfar.

My AP is not capped so I realise I'm losing a lot of damage there. but I'm struggling with single target. I get my burst off on a raid boss and by the time the fight ends even with 2x BL I'm barely staying at 320k dps.

Thanks for the help

Bough and Sinew are your best ST combo, but not far behind Arcano. Might consider Arcano in place of Sinew for an easier rotation.
    Last edited by mage21; 2017-01-15 at 03:02 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post

Bough and Sinew are your best ST combo, but not far behind Arcano. Might consider Arcano in place of Sinew for an easier rotation.
    How do you make such a list of trinkets if I may ask? Would be useful when I'm comparing trinkets for myself and I couldn't find anything when I tried to google quickly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tossu View Post
    How do you make such a list of trinkets if I may ask? Would be useful when I'm comparing trinkets for myself and I couldn't find anything when I tried to google quickly.
    https://www.altered-time.com/forum/v...fc48140bd34983

Pretty sure Bough isn't as good as it seems on sims (on single target) It is very very rng based. Unless you're into that playstyle I'd go with sinew and arcano crystal

Quote Originally Posted by tossu View Post
    You need to use the copy command along with trinket id's. An example:

copy=1_NST_FotN trinket1=,id=137349,ilevel=840 trinket2=,id=137329,ilevel=865

This compares an 840 Naraxas and an 865 Figurehead of the Nagalfar. Add as many lines as you need to make a list. These lines get added after importing your char. I use a custom Google Doc that I picked up on the Altered Time Discord to make it a lot easier (Thank you Binkenstein).
    Last edited by mage21; 2017-01-15 at 06:09 AM.

The best trinket setup depends on your talent setup, your gear and the fight. If you are running RoP, then Sinew is still really strong. However if you run Mirror Images for ST, then Sinew looses a lot of it's relative power against stat sticks in particular.

So.. unless you want to be changing trinkets all the time, I'd just stick with Arcano and Bough of Corruption, as they are better than sinew with Mirror and are superior in cleave/AoE even with RoP.

Deleted

This compares an 840 Naraxas and an 865 Figurehead of the Nagalfar. Add as many lines as you need to make a list. These lines get added after importing your char. I use a custom Google Doc that I picked up on the Altered Time Discord to make it a lot easier (Thank you Binkenstein).
    Exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasufer View Post
    865 bough of corruption (for straight ST u might wanna go dsb or ws, but simming will bring bough on top)
    860 arcanostone

If u have money and some bloods - go for dmf hellfire and max upg it, then run it along with arcanocrystal - quite a potent combo!
    Is Hellfire (865) + Chrono Shard (84) good combo? Or maybe chrono + Infernal Wit is better (855)
    Last edited by mmoc9662afc2dc; 2017-01-15 at 05:23 PM.

Are you guys sure about sinew? Does it hold up without RoP?

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Are you guys sure about sinew? Does it hold up without RoP?
    Combustion and PI are still strong enough that it makes Sinew competitive.

Combustion and PI are still strong enough that it makes Sinew competitive.
    Really it's the 40% pump from RoP that makes it competetive as well - since we no longer run kindling, combust always align with Sinew, thus making it viable, however there are several better choises now - it's not über BIS ST as it use to be.

Is Hellfire (865) + Chrono Shard (84) good combo? Or maybe chrono + Infernal Wit is better (855)
    Hellfire + Chrono is a good combo - but 840 chrono is not stronger than Arcanocrystal or bough 865.

Your ultimate choises should be: Arcanocrystal + Hellfire -> replace hellfire with Bough on cleave/aoe fights bank/delete/de the rest, u won't need them and u got a very good combo going with crystal+hf trink!

Deleted
    Sadly I don't have arcanocrystal or bough

Hehe i'm in the same boat for the Arcanocrystal - 3 times Jim with coins on all - nothin'
    Bough is very random dmg on pure ST, but very good on cleave/aoe fights!

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Pretty sure Bough isn't as good as it seems on sims (on single target) It is very very rng based. Unless you're into that playstyle I'd go with sinew and arcano crystal
    This.
    I'm pretty sure sims overvaluing Bough of Corruption quite a lot. I have a 890 one with a socket and sims show that the trinket is like 4k ahead of every other trinket I have. But everytime I test it, it's absolutly trash tier and proccs like once in a 2 min fight.

Idd I only get good results with bough in myth+/world and on a fight like dragons(specially with lots of adds), helya(p2), Xavius last phase etc.

Personally I roll with (as it is the best I currently got):

With RoP: Hellfire + 885socketed WS for ST. (I seriously consider my 855 int/crit trinket though -wtb higher ilvl version from Helys :S) and deadly grace pot ||| With MI: Hellfire + Horn 865 + prolonged.

I always use cinderstorm, as it sims the highest in every possible scenario, and if used correctly, yields equal challenge and rewards. I'm a big fan of the spell as a whole (same with RoP) and love the challenges of optimising it!

Cleave/aoe fights: Hellfire and Bough 885socketed - for myth + i replace Hellfire with Ethereal urn 875 or arans/chest, but havn't used that much lately..
    Last edited by Hasufer; 2017-01-16 at 12:02 PM.

Honestly ever since they nerfed arans ruby I am not using it anymore much at all. The proc on it is way less and I swear the damaged may have been nerfed too (undocumented probably). I still use the mediv chest (890) most of the time with arcano and construct core (for the pure intellect and proc), or maybe the pleagueswamp (880).

Link the doc?