Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I recently unsubscribed due to the lack of flying mounts, I just can't stand the terrain anymore. But there are a lot of other issues with Legion that make me hate it. I've talked a lot with guildies and friends and came up with some ideas.

I just though I post them here, to see what you think of them. Please keep the conversation civil even if you hate them.

1. World Quests. This was fun at the beginning, but when I saw there was an 10000 achievement I just gave up. I would much prefer them to feel more epic and not just repeatable. If anyone played the game Rift, there are these rifts that spawn (not much unlike WQs) in certain areas, however they last a much more shorter time. Instead of having 10000 different WQs to chose from with horrible rewards, like gold or a few resources, why not make less WQs and bigger rewards. Meaning maybe 1-2 WQs per zone per day or maybe even like 5 per week, more like the World Boss WQs. The objective will be much bigger than to just kill 12 mobs and it will take some time to finish. The rewards will be massive compared to todays WQs. Instead of 10 small, we have 1 big with a reward matching that of 10 regular WQs. It would feel like you were really needed there to help and finally finishing that WQ would feel amazing as the reward would be more like "Wow, look at this" than "meh, ok next quest". I hope you get what I mean. And ofc, get rid of that stupid 10k achievement!

2. Legendary items and WF/TF. One of the biggest issues is the RNG of this expansion. Inspired by Diablo, they now try to make the content last longer by having a big focus on RNG. I hate this, for so many reasons. For raid mounts, I always encouraged a "Kill this boss 50 or 100 times and you get this mount as a reward" instead of a 1% drop chance. That way, it's always 50-100 kills, meaning ALOT of effort but there is 0 luck factor. Today, farming a mount could take 1 try or 1000 tries, which is just so frustrating. Same goes for gear. A mate of mine got like 5-6 880 gear from mythic+ in ONE day. I ran 10 dungeons at +5 and never got one gear above 850, sure my friend ran much higher but still, he got so much WF/TF it was insane and I never got anything. Yesterday I finally got a 880 cloak after 11 runs. BUT I had a 885 cloak before... This is crazy demotivating. Same goes for legendaries. My idea is to get rid of WF/TF and have a more solid reward system, like "do this, get this" achievements or similar OR simply this: Have TOKENS drop instead of actual gear. You get a "880 token" that upgrade ANY gear to 880 that you have, so that you can chose and not get what you already have. Same for legendaries. You get a legendary token that you use at a legendary vendor to buy the piece you want. This whole point is very hard to explain in words, I simply want the RNG gone or less important.

3. Artifact Power. I hate AP farming and so does most people it seems. Sadly, I think this stay, as the system with Artifact weapons that you put talents in is actually quite nice, it's just the farm that is awful. So I simply want a system where AP to be accountwide as well as weapon wide. One you add AP to your account, you get it for all your characters weapons. If an alt don't have an artifact yet, it get stored in currency meanwhile. AND artifact knowledge should not stop at 25. Let that work like Paragon levels in Diablo 3. You get lets say 1000% more per upgrade and you get 1 upgrade every 5 days just like now. The more you play, the higher it gets. 25000% at level 25 is not as awesome as it sounds.

4. Zones, flying, leveling etc. I absolutely loved that you could pick a start zone in the Broken isles. But I hated the design of most of them. Only Azsuna is bareable, the others are so hard to navigate. In Valsharah, you have a billion pits with roots and hills etc. You get stuck everywhere. In Highmountain there are obviously mountains that forces you to take insane detours. And in Stormheim everything is on platues and if you get down to the water, getting back up takes forever. They should simply allow you to get flying once you have done Loremaster of the Broken isles. I see no reason to wait for 7.2. Same for upcoming expansions, give us flying once we have done the quests. And for the love of god, remove DAZE from the game, it serves no purpose except for pissing people off.

5. Mythic+. Some people love it, some hate it. I like the idea of it BUT it failed cause it's so extremly gear depending. I loved Challenge Modes in both WoD and MoP. It was intense and skill depending and your gear didn't matter that much. In Legion, I can't even find a group above +5 with 870, because gear make you breeze through them to get better gear. There are noobs who play more than me and who get slightly boosted to 880++ who clear more things, yet they can't interupt and they constantly stand in the fire. I like that Mythic+ has different + levels and that it's an alternative gear way but WHY does it not have an ilvl limit like CM. I want this: Fewer mythic+ levels and gear that scale to it. Like this model:

Mythic Level 1: About the difficulty of current mythic+5, rewards quite nice gear. Gear scale to lets say 850. You need 850 to enter, no limit it scale to 850.
    Mythic Level 2: About the difficulty of current mythic+10, rewards great gear. Gear scale to lets say 865. You need 865 to enter, but no limit, it scale to 865.
    Mythic Level 3: About the difficulty of current mythic+15, rewards really great gear. Gear scale to lets say 880. You need 880 to enter, no limit, it scales.

This way, you can keep certain +levels BUT your gear won't matter that much. This system will reward skill more than having good gear.

These are just some ideas that I think would really save the game. What do you think, please discuss. If you disagree, PLEASE say WHY, I can't stand people who just say "this sucks".
    your entire post is 15 paragraphs that you could have just said this instead of:

IM LAZY, MAKE IT EASIER WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Wow. Just wow. I didn't even want to read the rest, honestly, but regrettably I did.

1. So there's an achievement for 10,000 WQs and you feel obligated to accomplish that? Why get rid of it, just because you find it daunting? Someone out there probably has made it their priority to obtain that achievement. You just seem really lazy, and sensitive af.

2. RNG has always been in WoW. Sure, it's elevated in Legion, and they do shower us with gear that's irrelevant. Just sell it for gold, though?

3. This is a sentiment that annoys me. No one forces you to grind it, just like no one forces you to grind WQs. You literally get AP from every possible thing you do in the game. What's with all this casual "make it account wide" hot mess? Just level your alt and take the recent changes (which were good changes) to help level up your alts. Just more crying.

4. You're just lazy and inexperienced with MMORPG games. You want flying, we all know after all the threads you've made protesting.

5. Mythic+ is not gear dependent. It's skill and teamwork dependent. That's why gear is the reward, not the requirement. You could easily do regular Mythics to gear for Mythic+2 and so on and so forth.

I disagree with everything you posted. You just strike me as a spoiled brat who stomps his foot when it's not made your way.

I've played actively since Vanilla, so hardly inexperienced. And flying was the best thing they ever added was flying mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, basically you want WoD back.

- - - Updated - - -

I've played actively since Vanilla, so hardly inexperienced. And flying was the best thing they ever added was flying mounts.
    I've played league since season 1. Doesn't mean I'm any good at league.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    I disagree with basically everything you say here. There is no such thing as AP grinding. It´s simply playing, any aspect of the game, that rewards you with AP. World Quests, who the hell forces you to do that many? It's only 4 a day if yo care for the cache. Mythic+ is skill depending above anything else. Ofcourse it is gear depending, isn't that always te case with this kind of games?

The only thing I agree with is that most zones are hard to navigate.
    Its called grinding because there is no challenge involved. A challenge would be like defeating some of the hardest levels in Super Mario 64. What comes to mind is Slip Sliding Away where you would not only have to complete the course but also collect EVERY coin. Not everyone can do that. Of course, if challenge was introduced into the game, there would be a massive outcry to nerf. Which is why everything is a grind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kFoPkNjsy8
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Deleted
    Look guys the OP ran 10 +5 and got no 880+ reward. How unfair and unbalanced. Lets all stop playing to suport him! With this crazy number of runs, 10, he should be 890 ilvl! WoW is finally dead!

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    I would like to know what is it about WF/TF that people dislike so much.
    Envy. People hate it when they see someone with low ilvl get an item with a higher ilvl than what they have.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dmerriam005 View Post
    solution: BRING BACK THE OLD DEVELOPERS, not this fresh team of rookies who have no idea what they are doing
    This is probably the most unintelligent, uninformed and illogical suggestion to solve WoW's problems ever.

lol gave up because you saw a 10k WQ achi, right because that has to be done right now doesn't it, man i can't get into a pug or a decent guild or even get legendaries to drop if i don't have the 10k WQ achi, game is ruined.

Artifact weapons probably would've been fine if 1) AK were account wide and 2) AP were pooled instead of separated per weapon.

I'd prefer dynamic events to WQs, but Bliz has had at least 6 years (since Rift released) to add something like that and haven't yet. I'm left to assume they either don't have the tech for it or the devs don't like the idea of it. Either way, it's a shame because I love DEs (which have been in nearly every other post-WoW MMO I've played). I definitely don't want to see fewer or more group-oriented WQs. As it is, I filter out easily half of them either due to type or reward.

Flying definitely needs to be added in sooner. I'd rather they adopt waypoint travel, at the very least develop future content with a Suramar portal type system.

I don't care about dungeons, in fact, I wish in future expansions Bliz would quit arbitrarily gating what should be soloable content behind doing dozens of them.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

How about just making content that isn't WoW's greatest hits? How about making new lore instead of clinging weakly to the past lore? How about not fixing what ain't broke (class fantasy lol) and fixing what is terribly broken (guild and social tools, professions, a sense of meaningful progress).

I have zero faith in this dev team.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster View Post
    How about just making content that isn't WoW's greatest hits? How about making new lore instead of clinging weakly to the past lore? How about not fixing what ain't broke (class fantasy lol) and fixing what is terribly broken (guild and social tools, professions, a sense of meaningful progress).

I have zero faith in this dev team.
    The dev teams design implementation is consistent with a group of programmers looking for fill out their CV with accomplishments. Perfection to them is releasing Mythic + and getting a lot of positive feedback and heavy usage because it advances their career. To that end, they will break and throw away things players find fun to find the next "Mythic +".

Just from the way they prioritize things, it suggests that their goal is to make sure players have fun nor to increase subs. Their goal is to pad their CVs.

Deleted
    4. http://www.wowhead.com/item=131746/s...eather-barding

I wouldn't mind at all if they removed flying from the game completely. It destroyed exploration, and many times even world PvP

10+ Year Old Account
    I never really said Mythic+ difficulty is bad, I just think it should be focus on Skill and not Gear.

I personally believe I could do +20 easily, SKILLWISE, due to lots of years of this game. But I simply don't have the time to farm the gear necessary.

Maybe I suck I can't even do +10, who knows. At least give me the CHANCE to prove myself. Let everyone try it and the skilled will prevail anyway. I see no harm in scaling them down to a set ilvl.
    I disagree with pretty much everything you said apart from the legendary system, I agree that its too much rng but your token idea is no better. Some legendaries are better than others and if people could just choose what they wanted every fire mage would have had the bracers, at which point they kinda stop being legendary and just end up as Orange epics. IMO, a low drop rate from a certain boss is the better system as its something you can farm but there's no guarantee. Legendaries should be rare, wow already hands out epics like there's no tomorrow.

As for your comment above, all that says to me is "I want it all but I don't want to work for it". The game is already casual enough, how about if when you hit max level they just mail you the BiS gear for your spec? The point of gear is to give you some form of progression and a reason to do content, if they scale gear down then what about all those traits and stats on your artifact? I really think you are playing the wrong game if you don't want gear to be relevant. Why would loot even exist if its all gonna be scaled down for content? They may as well just get rid of gear and give every class a set stat allocation. Wow is an RPG and gear is a big part of RPG games.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Let me solo everything. Everything. Not joking. That's the one takeaway from Diablo Blizzard should keep.
    MS(solo)ORPG?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I'd prefer dynamic events to WQs, but Bliz has had at least 6 years (since Rift released) to add something like that and haven't yet. I'm left to assume they either don't have the tech for it or the devs don't like the idea of it.
    You mean like the Legion Invasions? Those ones that at Blizzcon the devs said they liked and would like to implement similar things in the future?

Deleted
    getting dazed in 2k17, learn to jump and spin mobs cannot daze your from the front.

15+ Year Old Account
    Another Thread about something you don't like so the dev should remove it, why is that a good idea?

The main issue with WoW is balancing class around items instead of balancing said items around class, that's been an issue as long as Vanilla as far as i know, maybe someday they will wake up.

15+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I agree is #4. Zones are very annoying to navigate and daze is fucking frustrating. I like the gear RNG and the AP grind. Mostly because it isn't really a grind. I very rarely did AP quest just to get AP and I've been fine all the time. Maybe it's different for the world top100 guilds but I don't give a damn about that. They always found the way to turn their game into a miserable grind
    Last edited by Zka; 2017-01-15 at 10:06 PM.

About the DAZE , ask your friendly neighborhood Leatherworker to make you some http://www.wowhead.com/item=131746.

What I hate is the class design, they clearly have NO IDEA wtf they are doing.

7+ Year Old Account
    I find the RNG element of Legion exciting. I'm not a progressive raider or anything like that, so I enjoy the leveling experience, I enjoy not flying, the landscapes and the beautiful and well constructed quest-lines. Personally I think Legion is one of the best expansions of the game.