Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Hilarious how you guys keep pretending that a movie WARCRAFT FANS found average would be considered anything but awful by those unfamiliar with the franchise.
    It's not uncommon for fans to be some of the most critical of adaptations/sequels/the work itself.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I think the movie is more dissapointing than bad, considering the material and resources they had to make an epic fantasy flick.
    this, just this

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Hilarious how you guys keep pretending that a movie WARCRAFT FANS found average would be considered anything but awful by those unfamiliar with the franchise.
    You chose the wrong costumer entirely my enlightened Vegas. I can flat out say that being a fan has been a small bonus for certain aspects and a complete deterrent for others. If you really think it works as simple as that then, well, glad to talk with your usual you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    Warcraft picked as worst movie of 2016 by Rottentomatoes critic roundtable

David Bowie be spinning in his grave like
    To people that are not fans or know what Warcraft is, the movie might be awful and worst of the year completely get that.

But as a fan I thought it was one of my favorite movies of the year... then again thats bias of me and I have a very questionable taste in films lol xD
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    You're gross.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's not forget the guy who picked Warcraft at the beginning is the same genius who compared it to Super Mario Bros and gave Dragon Ball Evolution a 4/5, there's really little to be surprised about. None of the critics worthy of actual consideration bashed it that heavily, none of them were blown away by it either but didn't definitely consider it a candidate for a "worst films" list of 2016.
    Oh the guy in the video is the same guy who said that bullshit? Fuck him hes complete shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    You realise that the "fans" are the ones most likely to not actually enjoy it due to knowing "everything" about the lore/franchise, right? As evidenced by threads like this, where you can pick apart smaller details. Those not familiar with anything more than the name "World of Warcraft" are much more likely to just enjoy it.
    Agreed some of the harshest critics (that actually had an argument with substance) were fans.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    No mention of Ghostbusters which was easily the worst movie of 2016. Yeah these clowns are idiots but then again RT critics are generally wrong so its to be expected.
    Isn't the guy on the right in the glasses, on the young Turks show?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    Warcraft picked as worst movie of 2016 by Rottentomatoes critic roundtable

David Bowie be spinning in his grave like
    The guy next to the one who hated on Warcraft knows whatsup. He said it many times "it's not that bad compared to other movies".
    That guy who chose Warcraft must be one of those snobs who thinks is cool to hate on videogame movies.
    Soon as the other guy tried to defend Warcraft he started saying "ah you are one of those gamers" or "ah, you like games".
    What a frickin asshole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    To people that are not fans or know what Warcraft is, the movie might be awful and worst of the year completely get that.
    Despite the bullshit Vegas is trying to sell here, your average non-snobbish critic with actual competence treated Warcraft as an average/mediocre product, with some of those even pointing out its missed potential. And with "critics" I of course mean movie critics, people that for the most part were not fans of the game in the slightest (and this without even talking about the general non-fan audience that held some very mixed opinions on the movie as much as the fans, even though for blatant different reasons as each comes from a different place of judgement).
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Worst movie of 2016
    k

Ghostbusters, Assasins creed, BVS, Rogue One, all were far worse to me.

Warcraft has bad pacing in the first 25 minutes, that's it.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Agreed some of the harshest critics (that actually had an argument with substance) were fans.
    As this quote shows FANS
    are allways the people who try to get any excuse to deny the reality
    (In this case that the warcraft movie was a total piece of garbage and is rated as deserved as one of the worst of 2016)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    BVS, Rogue One, all were far worse to me.
    And yet both single handed made more money than this one will ever make

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post

Box office has nothing to do with how good a movie is. Case in point, 2014, a fantastic year for films, which movie was the top grosssing? Transformers: Age of Extinction, which was the worst movie I personally saw that year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? I haven't seen many fans calling it the worst movie of the year...
    How being a fan and considering Warcraft the worst movie of the year are in any shape or form relevant? How much people even care to make a best/worst list aside passionate movie goers or critics? Because, well, you have to be someone with a huge thing for movies to properly define a best and worst of the year, something not all Warcraft fans necessarily have to begin with.

As this quote shows FANS
    Fans are notoriously picky over the silliest and most trivial things. Check the Star Wars fanbase for an instance. And to deny a reality you have to establish one in the first place.

(In this case that the warcraft movie was a total piece of garbage and is rated as deserved as one of the worst of 2016)
    Yep, because there's totally an universal system dictacting that. Not like plenty of critics and movie goers made tons of those kind of lists and put all kind of movies in there. And believe it or not, Warcraft rarely fit in them. In fact, in the vast majority of cases it escaped both the "worst" and "best" lists, which pretty much establishes the movie as average material that didn't pull immense amounts of attention, for the better or for the worse.

The guy who picked Warcraft here had his harsh opinion known on this movie by ages. In fact, his was probably the first review that popped up in Rotten Tomatoes back on May.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2017-01-16 at 01:45 AM.

As this quote shows FANS

- - - Updated - - -

I...I dont care... I also play games that will never make as much money as League of Legends...doesnt make them worse.

Nice bait attempt I guess.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Somebody's always gonna argue that "My grass is greener then yours" just to prove a point.
    Anyway, Warcraft didn't make Razzies last I checked.

I just finally around to seeing Warcraft tonight. As a fan of the games, I thought it was actually pretty cool seeing the world brought to life. I enjoyed and hope they make another one with the Lich King.

yes, i hope they make another one soon! this one was pretty good compared to some other game movies, like final fantasy don't seem to fair as well.

It felt like they really put some money into Warcraft and that made it pop onscreen. Because the Final Fantasy series is so episodic, I don't think a feature film works nearly as well there.

Not sure what FF has to do with anything, but Warcraft was exceedingly lackluster. The only reason it wasn't nominated for Razzies is there were too many bad movies for them to include something that most of America doesn't even know exists. Similar reason for Assassin's Creed.
    Warcraft is probably the best video game movie, imho. I also really enjoyed Final Fantasy (ending was kind of weird for me though). Assassin's Creed is easily one of the worst, I was really disappointed with that movie.
    Speaking of Warcraft, are there any rumors about a sequel, or is it completely dead by now?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's amazing how I have heard two critics who have changed their mind about the movie, from giving it a bad score to 'maybe you should give it a chance', upon its retail and digital release. The movie is getting pity now

But hey, I loved that movie, was it perfect? hell no, it wasnt even that great but it was enjoyable coming from a fan boy like myself! And anyone who hates it I completely understand, I have spoke with those that were fans and pointed out faults with it, I can totally see why, but I enjoyed the hell out of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    Warcraft is probably the best video game movie, imho. I also really enjoyed Final Fantasy (ending was kind of weird for me though). Assassin's Creed is easily one of the worst, I was really disappointed with that movie.
    Speaking of Warcraft, are there any rumors about a sequel, or is it completely dead by now?
    really doubt it... considering how people rated it I doubt most of the cast will return unless they get a pay rise and I doubt they can afford it.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

But hey, I loved that movie, was it perfect? hell no, it wasnt even that great but it was enjoyable coming from a fan boy like myself! And anyone who hates it I completely understand, I have spoke with those that were fans and pointed out faults with it, I can totally see why, but I enjoyed the hell out of the movie.
    I'm sad because my friends that never played Warcraft games enjoyed the movie and wanted to see more.

really doubt it... considering how people rated it I doubt most of the cast will return unless they get a pay rise and I doubt they can afford it.
    Heard things about the possibility of sequels for chinese market only, but I doubt they'd be willing to experiment with that. Maybe if Pacific Rim 2 comes out and ends up a huge success in China, then we could hope for a sequel.