Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The entire narrative put forward by the media is idiotic and frankly a little evil. It's trying to cause problems so they can make money off the blood on the streets.

Simple: be nice to cops and comply. That is the answer.

Why not just let the African community police itself since they keep asking for that. Just build a barrier around them. The problem should solve itself then.

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    That's what happens when the media demonizes them. 49/50 officers are perfectly competent, innocent people who do their job without incident their whole career but the 1/50 are the only ones that make it to the news so obviously that makes them all evil, racist bastards. -.-*
    This strikes me as pretty unlikely. That would be a profession of almost unsurpassed competence if it were true. I've worked with people in some notoriously bright, well intentioned professions (doctors, scientists) and the ratio of competence is nowhere in the ballpark of 49/50.

I agree with your core point though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    https://news.vice.com/story/cops-say...e-or-use-force

If you follow the rules you shouldn't be worried about the consequences. It's when we have cops who are mistreating suspects or even worse, shooting without cause, then the issue arises.
    Um really because we had quite a few incidents and riots where the cops were eventually proven to be in the right after the evidence was laid out. That didn't stop the outrage and lies before the real facts were known.
    Last edited by matt4pack; 2017-01-15 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Why not just let the African community police itself since they keep asking for that. Just build a barrier around them. The problem should solve itself then.
    This is sort of an indirect method, but apparently this website shows the ethnic makeup of police departments: http://www.governing.com/gov-data/sa...sentation.html

Seems like in Baltimore for example there's a misrepresentation, although 40% is probably enough to conclude they're mostly 'policing themselves' (compared to 60% of the total population). In Detroit a similar trend appears; 62% of their cops are black with 80% of the population being black. And finally Chicago is even closer in representation: 25% cops to 31% total pop.
    Last edited by Kraenen; 2017-01-15 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    This is sort of an indirect method, but apparently this website shows the ethnic makeup of police departments: http://www.governing.com/gov-data/sa...sentation.html

Seems like in Baltimore for example there's a misrepresentation, although 40% is probably enough to conclude they're mostly 'policing themselves' (compared to 60% of the total population). In Detroit a similar trend appears; 62% of their cops are black with 80% of the population being black.
    Yes that is true but you have to remeber you are dealing with children in adult bodies. They don't actually want or even understand what they want.

I just grow tired of the sad show of blm. What was once funny to me has become tiresome. All they have to do is make a line and club the shit out of every protester once and it would end this silly temper tantrum once and for all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Simple: be nice to cops and comply. That is the answer.
    Yes, being nice will stop them from committing highway robbery.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

https://news.vice.com/story/cops-say...e-or-use-force

If you follow the rules you shouldn't be worried about the consequences. It's when we have cops who are mistreating suspects or even worse, shooting without cause, then the issue arises.
    Cops are just feeling like they're less allowed to just rough people up because they're being watched.

They feel roughing people up is part of the job and how "justice is served" to keep people "in check" and the community "safe". Trust me. I know cops. This is how a looooooooooooot of them think.

They're just mad they can't freely be shitty, because they don't view what they do as shitty, like.. at all. (I knew a dude who had a nickname for knockin' dudes in the head with his flashlight. Which was horrifying, because that guy was really nice otherwise.)

Anyone can point to a single anecdote to "confirm" their narrative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Anyone can point to a single anecdote to "confirm" their narrative.
    Single anecdote? This is not a "single anecdote". Your police steal more than actual thieves do.

That's not a "single anecdote". That's dollar values.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Are you a minority? Because clearly there is a big difference in how the Cops treat you based on how you look.
    I disagree based on my experiences. My race isn't what dictates how I am treated. My activities that led to the encounter and my attitude during the encounter dictate my treatment. I say this because I've been pulled over countless times, called cops to deal with borderline meltdown girlfriend so it wouldn't escalate. Guess who the cops give a hard time? Hint it's the girl acting a fool and not the calm and respectful guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    This is the key thing.

The police have the power when they're out in public. Is what a lot of them do, wrong? Yes, yes it is. But pick your battles wisely. It's not worth your life to resist when you can document and take it to court later.
    This 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    You need to realize that this, along with most of what else you said, has another factor in it you don't seem to understand. You may have just gotten lucky and had cops deal with you who aren't on the verge of losing their shit.
    If you subscribe that all my anecdotal evidence is purely luck based then you would also have to subscribe that all these "injustices" are merely luck based as well. The bottom line is that my behavior is consistent and so are my results.

Also, not sure you actually read my post. I was DRAGGED out of my car for doing nothing wrong, I'd argue that qualifies as a cop that's lost his shit. Do I want to fuck with a guy who lost his shit? No way.

Quote Originally Posted by iperson View Post
    Exactly, it's like these people always wanting to talk about cancer. I don't have cancer, so clearly cancer doesn't exist...
    Your post doesn't contribute to the topic of the conversation in any capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    You speak of being raised to treat law with respect, yet the first point you made was you completely disrespecting it, and endangering everyone else on the road. You didn't get book thrown at you due to corruption. Had you done that here, you would not even own a driving license anymore, not to mention very high amount in fines.
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    I seriously doubt he was telling the truth. You don't get up to 96 when you're passing three cars going 45 or below.
    Agreed, that's my fault for poor choice of words. When I say the law I do not mean the literal articles, I was referring to police officers themselves. I disagree with a lot of laws and break them, but I always respect officers and their duties, and pay the consequences for breaking them if I am caught.

For reference, I was facing 14 points (which would suspend my license for probably 1-2 years), about $800 in fines, and another 2k in surcharges, not even including whatever that'd do to my insurance. That's incredibly bad, but given what I did it could have been MUCH worse.

The cop vouched in court for me to the prosecutor, but she didn't buy it. I went before the judge requested a postponement and got a lawyer. $300 later I was off the hook with a $180 fine, and no points.

This was one of 2 situations in all my years of fighting the courts where I lost on my own and needed a lawyer. I never fought a battle on the road with a cop.

Also, you're probably not terribly knowledgeable about cars, but plenty of fast ones can accelerate very rapidly.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Yeah. I also have somewhat hard time believing that cops just say "dunt do it again" if someone goes over twice a speed limit, plus passing on lane where it's not allowed. It's not just minor crime, but several major ones, I bet even in freedomland.
    See above.

Quote Originally Posted by Unhinged View Post
    I watched a video on the youtube yesterday on a moto vlogger getting pulled over the the USA. Everytime he reached for his wallet or insurance (like why the fuck do you even need to carry this) he told the officer where he was reaching and what he was getting.

It was bizarre that he needed to do this while the cop stood with his hand resting on his gun in its holster.

In my country when you get pulled over the reach for whatever you want and the cop is barely even paying attention to what you are doing. The problem is as much American culture of guns and violence and police training there. Americans whole culture is broken and has far more in common with third world countries than it's western counterparts.
    I'll use this post to explain my process whenever I am pulled over.

1) Make sure you pull over somewhere that is mutually safe for both parties. That includes a lit parking lot, maybe on a side road instead of main road. Believe it or not cops appreciate this. No one likes to be in the dark in this encounter, and no one wants to be on a busy road during a traffic stop either. Use your best judgment.
    2) I turn the car off, turn on all lights including interior and hazards, and place your keys on the dash board. Do not reach for anything yet.
    3) When the cop comes up, greet them by their title (it may be officer, it may be sergeant, etc. if you're not familiar with the symbols stick with officer).
    4) Do not lie. When they ask for your license/reg/ins politely explain where it is in the car, and if it is ok to reach for it. When they will tell you yes, then you slowly reach for it, not before, and especially not during.
    5) When all is said and done, thank the cop (even if you don't want too) and tell them to have a safe night.

This was told to me by 2 different cops on a car enthusiast forum who work in 2 different states.

Notice what isn't on there?

Doesn't say fight the cop and say he's lying. Doesn't say make fast movements in the dark or leave car on running. Doesn't say get out of the car. That's the shit people do if they want to spook someone. You can say oh cops should be trained better, but bottom line, there's very little a cop can do during a traffic stop to not get shot first if the person tries to. Think from their shoes, they don't know if you're a murderer, a panicked citizen, etc. They just want to go home the next day to their families like you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Well, there are 6 times as many white people as black people.

Sure, but we keep being told that cops are systematically trying to kill black people. So that number should be a lot higher then just half, but since they obviously are not, it obviously is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Your post doesn't contribute to the topic of the conversation in any capacity.
    Sure it does. If it doesn't happen to you it doesn't happen right? Just like cops didn't shoot this man who was lying on his back with his hands up while trying to shoot a retarded man playing in the street with a toy truck...

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/cops-sh...r-729615427760

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Destroyed his life? Guy murdered an unarmed black man and raked in hundreds of thousands of dollars in donations.
    Just so everyone is clear. This is the same poster who believes you are murdering someone if they perform a home invasion on your dwelling while your family is home and shoot the intruder.

Just, so you know, people don't get all worked up and waste the time and energy. lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Christonya View Post
    Sure, but we keep being told that cops are systematically trying to kill black people. So that number should be a lot higher then just half, but since they obviously are not, it obviously is not.
    No one has ever said this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I disagree based on my experiences. My race isn't what dictates how I am treated. My activities that led to the encounter and my attitude during the encounter dictate my treatment.
    Your logical fallacy is anecdotal.

You used a personal experience or an isolated example instead of a sound argument or compelling evidence.

It's often much easier for people to believe someone's testimony as opposed to understanding complex data and variation across a continuum. Quantitative scientific measures are almost always more accurate than personal perceptions and experiences, but our inclination is to believe that which is tangible to us, and/or the word of someone we trust over a more 'abstract' statistical reality.
    Last edited by Yuujin; 2017-01-16 at 04:18 AM.

You know, maybe US Police SHOULD be using less force...

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You know, maybe US Police SHOULD be using less force...

why have guns then?

you gotta pull the trigger atleast once a day

"My chart likes to ignore the fact of sub-culture differences between two locations".

Tell you what, lets by the power of magic pick up the ghettos of america and drop them England & Whales and re-evaluate the chart after 24 days.

lmao

TBTR (in before "thats racist!")
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-01-16 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    "My chart likes to ignore the fact of sub-culture differences between two locations".

Tell you what, lets by the power of magic pick up the ghettos of america and drop them England & Whales and re-evaluate the chart after 24 days.

lmao

TBTR (in before "thats racist!")
    Your racism isn't the main problem with that post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Your racism isn't the main problem with that post.
    "I can't articulate why you are wrong. So reasons."