Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

So my 881 alt DH outdps'd my 891 Feral on Guarm

It's the first time I touch my alt since 7.1.5. I have no idea what my talents do, what the new rotation is supposed to be, I got 31 traits on my weapon (druid with 40) and not using Old War pots.

HOW is my DH dealing more dps than my main that I have played since Legion came out on a SINGLE TARGET FIGHT?

Something seriously needs to change..

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e&source=44,12

Deleted
    that fight time just favours DH sooo hard, its beyond comparison. i am not saying, that there isn't something wrong with feral or whatever, but you cannot compare a fight that has an amazing fight time for dh (2x chaosblades+ 2 nemesis and then guarm dies) vs feral (slightly below 3 min where he would get 2nd berserk).

on top of that, it is a short fight, feral does not have as much upfront damage. if this would be 4+ min fight, i think your feral would out dps the dh with the gear difference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaoxy View Post
    that fight time just favours DH sooo hard, its beyond comparison. i am not saying, that there isn't something wrong with feral or whatever, but you cannot compare a fight that has an amazing fight time for dh (2x chaosblades+ 2 nemesis and then guarm dies) vs feral (slightly below 3 min where he would get 2nd berserk).

on top of that, it is a short fight, feral does not have as much upfront damage. if this would be 4+ min fight, i think your feral would out dps the dh with the gear difference.
    Yeah but on a 4+ min fight DH gets second meta and that is another huge damage spike.. Also, imagine if I had used Old War (x2), got that extra 8% dmg from artifact, 10 ilvls and a better legendary than Prydaz. That damage difference would be insane.

It's only PTR wait for live.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by N1ppe View Post
    Yeah but on a 4+ min fight DH gets second meta and that is another huge damage spike.. Also, imagine if I had used Old War (x2), got that extra 8% dmg from artifact, 10 ilvls and a better legendary than Prydaz. That damage difference would be insane.
    but the question was not if your DH would do more damage with the same circumstances, because YES dh seems to be better than feral atm.

the question was: why did you do more damage with your alt with lower gear then with your main. so why say:"but imagine he had better gear/pots"...

also dont focus on the 4 min ... take 3:30 min then. that would be good for feral and bad for dh. it was just an example after all.

but i seem to understand now, you were not really looking for an answer, but rather passive agressive whine about feral or dh (actually not sure if you think dh is to strong or feral to weak). sry then for trying to give an constructive answer, im out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaoxy View Post
    but i seem to understand now, you were not really looking for an answer, but rather passive agressive whine about feral or dh (actually not sure if you think dh is to strong or feral to weak). sry then for trying to give an constructive answer, im out.
    I wish there was an answer to that but there isn't. I just think it's absurd that I can outperform my main with a class that I never played since the patch (completely new rotation) by just basically smashing my face on keyboard and not even trying.

Deleted
    Here I am, maining a MM hunter....
    Everyone outdps's me.
    And next weeks tuning will not fix this.
    And thats aside from how my spec plays now.
    And its not like I can just switch to BM or SV to do good dps, all hunter specs suck atm.

U can go balance, balance is fun too.
    (but yes, blizz sucks at balancing, and they sucked at it for over 12 years)
    Last edited by mmocb6c41d5544; 2017-01-15 at 07:26 PM.

Deleted
    Dont forget, in Nighthold they will become even stronger. They have the strongest set bonus (feral seems pretty weak) and the new CD reduction trinket will have insane potential.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...sle=true#gid=0

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Julianor View Post
    And its not like I can just switch to BM or SV to do good dps, all hunter specs suck atm.

Isn't BM getting pretty big buffs next patch? I don't think anyone cares what spec a hunter plays..

Try changing from melee spec to ranged when you already have 3 balance druids in raid roster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Julianor View Post
    Here I am, maining a MM hunter....
    Everyone outdps's me.
    And next weeks tuning will not fix this.
    And thats aside from how my spec plays now.

(but yes, blizz sucks at balancing, and they sucked at it for over 12 years)
    Enhance will be worse, it got a 2% buff and was only slightly above hunters. Feral will be in the same club.

MAybe it's time to reroll for all those ferals, enhancers and hunters.

I wish there was an answer to that but there isn't. I just think it's absurd that I can outperform my main with a class that I never played since the patch (completely new rotation) by just basically smashing my face on keyboard and not even trying.
    The answer is he was right, you're trying to basically say you suck completely and are only good on one class period. Where as a recent buff to DH single target DPS, and removal of the slight skill gap w/ momentum usage and a player who CLEARLY has played many classes with an understanding of the game couldn't cover this.

In essence you're directly saying there is no reason you should do better damage on 1 class than another, the answer is maybe you're not a good feral.

LOL if you think this is the worst class imbalance of legion...

It's the first time I touch my alt since 7.1.5. I have no idea what my talents do, what the new rotation is supposed to be, I got 31 traits on my weapon (druid with 40) and not using Old War pots.

HOW is my DH dealing more dps than my main that I have played since Legion came out on a SINGLE TARGET FIGHT?

Something seriously needs to change..

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e&source=44,12
    Yes, your choice in what class to main needs to change becuase Blizzard will not.
    The current design philosophy just makes some classes worthless.

Some classes are just designed to be able to handle one very specific situation while others can do it all. The classes that are more versatile still do about the same damage though and in some cases like the one you describe, the class that can only do single target damage can't do as much as most classes, no matter their niche.

They wanted classes to have strengths and weaknesses but for some reason, some classes have no weaknesses. It's odd but I doubt they'll change the way classes play one more time during the expantion. The current patch was no hit and Blizzard is not stupid enough to repeat the same mistake.

Feral a niche ST spec (according to Ion) is going into a tier that heavily favors cleave/AoE damage. It is only going to get better for DH unless there is some buffs coming to Feral or some more nerfs coming to DH after the first week of NH.

As Feral you are going to want to get 4pc and CoF asap and hope for the best.

The good thing is you can switch to moonkin. Someone said that may be you dont play feral well enough. worth checking.

and finally. not all classes do well in all bosses. DH is quite easy to play now, so gameplay can be an issue. they got buff for ST and they have high burst. Short fights, especially one like guarm is where they shine. I am fairly sure that ferals can shine in other fights/bosses. Dont look at fights with aoe, I cannot remember ferals ever been good at aoe. But you can always switch to moonkin (although I feel it is also a hard spec to master).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    The good thing is you can switch to moonkin. Someone said that may be you dont play feral well enough. worth checking.

and finally. not all classes do well in all bosses. DH is quite easy to play now, so gameplay can be an issue. they got buff for ST and they have high burst. Short fights, especially one like guarm is where they shine. I am fairly sure that ferals can shine in other fights/bosses. Dont look at fights with aoe, I cannot remember ferals ever been good at aoe. But you can always switch to moonkin (although I feel it is also a hard spec to master).
    Let me just swap to boomy, oh wait there's this thing in legion called the Legendary system which severly hurts you when swapping to another spec. There, done.

As others have pointed out, this is not a spec problem this is a you problem where your feral parse was garbage (14th percentile).

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps you just aren't as good on your Druid as your believed you were.

7+ Year Old Account
    Please, as you exit the Druid guild hall, hand in your Druid membership card.

Deleted
    Sure, there is nothing wrong with spec when difference between god parse and trash parse is based on your Ashmane's Bite procs