wtf sephuz better than shadow hunter's?

I was reading azor guide for bm and it has sephuz above shadow hunter's , i currently have ring of collapsing futures , i can replace it with sephuz and replace shadow hunter's with a 890 ilvl head which gives mastery but i will lose ALOT of mastery that way and i will also lose agility , how can sephuz be better for st without procs?

I lose around 170 agility , 11% mastery , 1% haste and in return i get 7% critical , i hardly see any benefit.
    Last edited by Vampiregenesis; 2017-01-14 at 07:25 PM.

http://i.imgur.com/DdMAVrY.gif

Shamelessly stolen from the Havoc guide. So, yeah - Sim it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    I was reading azor guide for bm and it has sephuz above shadow hunter's , i currently have ring of collapsing futures , i can replace it with sephuz and replace shadow hunter's with a 890 ilvl head which gives mastery but i will lose ALOT of mastery that way and i will also lose agility , how can sephuz be better for st without procs?

I lose around 170 agility , 11% mastery , 1% haste and in return i get 7% critical , i hardly see any benefit.
    Probably changing soon if you noticed the hotfixes. Mainly, Sephuz will not proc if target is immune to a root, which means you COULD proc it on immune targets, so you realistically had the benefit every time your trap WQ's ready to use. With hotfix, it will still stay up there for dungeon mobs, but have a gear set ready to swap for boss fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Probably changing soon if you noticed the hotfixes. Mainly, Sephuz will not proc if target is immune to a root, which means you COULD proc it on immune targets, so you realistically had the benefit every time your trap WQ's ready to use. With hotfix, it will still stay up there for dungeon mobs, but have a gear set ready to swap for boss fights.
    That was only a bug with SV's ranger net. It didn't trigger off of freezing trap. That was the first thing I tested when 7.1.5 came out. In a pure ST fight with no way to trigger the ring I don't see how it's a dps boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Threndsa View Post
    That was only a bug with SV's ranger net. It didn't trigger off of freezing trap. That was the first thing I tested when 7.1.5 came out. In a pure ST fight with no way to trigger the ring I don't see how it's a dps boost.
    Well, not sure if it still exists but there was the pet root talent as well when it uses charge. At one point in Azor's guide he did have a tenacity pet listed for m+. Again, just speculating, but might have been a way to pic it.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2017-01-15 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Well, not sure if it still exists but there was the pet root talent as well when it uses charge. At one point in Azor's guide he did have a tenacity pet listed for m+. Again, just speculating, but might have been a way to pic it.
    Ah yea I forgot about charge. Well it's fine in M+ anyway since you can just drop a trap into the crowd on pull. Sephz has certainly gone up on the food chain for BM/MM for M+

Sephuz that is procced on cd, not many instances where you can proc it on cd on bosses. Just think about whatever content you're going to be doing and swap as needed. Great for M+, great for fights with plenty of opportunities to interupt or binding/trap. Worse than regular gear with better stats on fights you can't proc it on.

Deleted
    At nighthold you get to sephuz proc atleast some of time on most fights. It is okish in raids too.