Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Burning Crusade is now 10 years old

Time flies fast, huh? It still remains to this day as my favourite expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    there were only 2 things good that came form that expansion, BE's and a select few armor looks. everything else about that expansion was horrible, glad its growing dust in the past.

i only wish blizzard would create sexier armor going forward. not trashy skimpy, but dont be afraid of showing some skin either.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

I would love that <snip> place to start a TBC server and I would start playing this game again so fast. Can't believe how quickly Legion died, hard to imagine they could make an expansion less popular than WoD but Activision managed it.
    Last edited by Splenda; 2017-01-16 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    I would love that <snip> place to start a TBC server and I would start playing this game again so fast. Can't believe how quickly Legion died, hard to imagine they could make an expansion less popular than WoD but Activision managed it.
    I would too there have been attempts at a private tbc server with mixed results from bad to terrible. It will be another decade before a good one pops up. Even with vanilla I don't believe anyone has gotten naxx working yet.
    Last edited by Splenda; 2017-01-16 at 01:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    Personal opinion, of course. As others have rated it better than WoD.
    Last edited by Splenda; 2017-01-16 at 01:46 AM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    It's good that they don't change the old zones. Love zangar.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad it is in the past, worst one ever and its a go damned chore to level through. Also every character looks like a clown vomited on them.

I personally wish they could make Outlands optional

Damn that's a long time. Still playing on a 'server' tho and having tons of fun.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    there were only 2 things good that came form that expansion, BE's and a select few armor looks. everything else about that expansion was horrible, glad its growing dust in the past.

i only wish blizzard would create sexier armor going forward. not trashy skimpy, but dont be afraid of showing some skin either.
    BE's were the worst thing to ever happen to WoW. They attract the worst people, they're always fucking bouncy impatient SPEDs in dungeons, they dilute the cool "monster races" element of the Horde and now they barely make any sense still being attached to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head

BE's? maybe, but the best things the expansion added was Draenei and Outland!

Quote Originally Posted by Khuzog View Post
    BE's were the worst thing to ever happen to WoW.
    Enormous generalization based on no facts, and also are the most popular race by an enormous margin

They attract the worst people, they're always fucking bouncy impatient SPEDs in dungeons
    Enormous generalization based on no facts

they dilute the cool "monster races" element of the Horde and now they barely make any sense still being attached to it
    There is plenty of storylines and lore around why they joined the horde, and the horde was never a "Monster race" faction. All of them are bipedal species with variations of body type.

I liked the introduction of arena and not spending 4 hours in AV...That being said AV did feel like it's own game mode with the mini bosses and the one you can summon...To this day I've never seen or know what the alliance summoned boss is.

10+ Year Old Account
    BE's were the worst thing to ever happen to WoW. They attract the worst people, they're always fucking bouncy impatient SPEDs in dungeons, they dilute the cool "monster races" element of the Horde and now they barely make any sense still being attached to it.
    lol, "monster races"? you seem to have a very missunderstood idea of what the horde is about. its not "monsters" vs pretty races..

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    BE's? maybe, but the best things the expansion added was Draenei and Outland!
    the worst two things. Outland especially. such an immaturely built set of zones. the inexperienced devs really shine there. they have clearly gotten infinitely better at cohesive zone design over the years.
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

lol, "monster races"? you seem to have a very missunderstood idea of what the horde is about. its not "monsters" vs pretty races..

the worst two things. Outland especially. such an immaturely built set of zones. the inexperienced devs really shine there. they have clearly gotten infinitely better at cohesive zone design over the years.
    Outland is the blueprint for how zones were created in later expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    Outland is the blueprint for how zones were created in later expansions.
    i dont see it. there very little cohesion in Outland. the zones are horribly designed artistically. the layout of quests make little to no sense either. it makes more sense that Outland was the blueprint of what devs do not want to do again.

Never liked TBC, visually... All the zones were boring, with the exception of Nagrand, and somewhat Zangamarsh. Just hate the Fel theme.

i dont see it. there very little cohesion in Outland. the zones are horribly designed artistically. the layout of quests make little to no sense either. it makes more sense that Outland was the blueprint of what devs do not want to do again.
    >there's very little cohesion in Outland
    A jungle on the North pole says hi.

>the zones are horribly designed artistically
    They set out to make an alien world. Outland still feels like something out of a Salvador Dali painting.

>the layout of quests make little to no sense either
    That's Vanilla. TBC introduced quest hubs that had the quests, shockingly, in the radius around them. It also started the trend of linear quests but it wasn't as bad as Wrath and certainly not Cata onwards.

>it makes more sense that Outland was the blueprint of what devs do not want to do again.
    Modern WoW is 20% TBC, 80% Wrath (which was TBC-lite until ToC).

the feeling of walking through the dark portal for the first time is hard to beat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still my favorite expansion. From a raiding point of view.... We never finished Sunwell though

Holds the most memories

Joined a hardcore raiding guild for the first time in this expansion (who I am still with to this day, poor sods), have so many fun memoirs over Ventrilo with them, from SSC to Sunwell, everything was just awesome aroudn that time for me. I enjoyed myself alot and most of of it has to do with the guild.

Although looking through alot of notes I still have an screenshots alot of faces have changed.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    >there's very little cohesion in Outland
    A jungle on the North pole says hi.
    Northrend still has much more cohesion than Outland does. just because a jungle was there, doesnt mean there wasnt reason. the other southern zones gave belief that the entire continent wasnt a frozen wasteland. the snow falling down into the zone from the north helped it to blend better.

>the zones are horribly designed artistically
    They set out to make an alien world. Outland still feels like something out of a Salvador Dali painting.
    the devs can and have done a much better job at making zones fit together better since. the only problem is Draenor with the desert line drawn high in the mountains of frostfire. i get that Southern California was the inspiration here, but allowing the snow to lay on the other side of the mountains a bit would have been better. it was still a drastic improvement from Outland.

you can be alien looking and feeling, but still fit together more realistically. while we've no idea what could be on other far away planets, i think they would still follow the blending concepts in real life better, Outland missed that entirely. i feel like im playing on a mixed up Rubik's Cube, the way nothing blends.

>the layout of quests make little to no sense either
    That's Vanilla. TBC introduced quest hubs that had the quests, shockingly, in the radius around them. It also started the trend of linear quests but it wasn't as bad as Wrath and certainly not Cata onwards.
    quest hubs might be another tiny improvement, but not one i fancy too much. there is room for both concepts to exist in WoW, quest hubs (and linearity) and random player driven quest paths. the latter of which they still need to work on.

still, the quests of TBC were really bland and boring. but the devs had very little experience and player feedback to go off of. TBC could be much better if made today, with new understandings and experience.

>it makes more sense that Outland was the blueprint of what devs do not want to do again.
    Modern WoW is 20% TBC, 80% Wrath (which was TBC-lite until ToC).
    i dont think you really get to take a portion of another expac and claim it to be something else just to make your numbers look better. Wrath was Wrath and TBC was TBC.. and by your numbers 20% is a pretty sad number and proof they were moving away from that design and on to something better. it might have taken time to full move away.. but move away they did, for the better.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2017-01-15 at 09:01 PM.