Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Yeah, guardian pets are dumb even compared to standard pets afaik they will not switch targets at all unless the original one dies. Moreover, a cooldown like Dark Soul affected all damage, and could be tied with other cooldowns and procs as well.

And the temporary pets costing a shard mean certainly for affliction, they simply aren;t worth it. Just take Supremacy as a permanent fire and forget dot.

Afflcition is in a good place but Supremacy is just the go-to talent. Not least because in dungeons it's a cost-free way to swtich between more single target or more aoe, just use Doomguard or Infernal as required. The affy pet is the dog, which is a sucky melee pet with no gap closer....

If they want Service as a viable choice for aff they'd have to remove the shard cost, or bump up the damage even higher, it is simply not worth losing a potentially big-critting UA
    Last edited by mmoc7a6bdbfc72; 2017-01-15 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    but what I heard from other people who were apparently still trying, WOD wasn't much different
    Did those people give alpha feedback both times? Or did they start paying attention during beta and give feedback asking for large changes during beta? Because that's the whole point I'm making. Even with legion which saw a ton of changes, if you started paying attention during the beta you'll feel like they completely ignored you. Because they basically did, as they were already needing to finalize and polish things up for launch and didn't really have time to make more large sweeping changes.

If you were paying attention during alpha however... you know exactly how much changed based directly on the feedback being given at the time.

Has seemed easier to just not bother and let them do whatever they want and try to make the best of it.
    I honestly get annoyed with people in my guild who complain incessantly about class design issues yet at the same time refuse to give feedback through the proper channels and instead just cry about it in guild.

IIRC during alpha I was thee highest ranking warlock giving feedback in any of the warlock class threads. Remember they gave alpha to literally everyone who cleared HFC within a specific time frame, which meant the entire top world raid scene had access to this and virtually no one gave feedback. There was a small handful of players giving feedback in those threads in total, and out of those players I want to say 3 people including myself were actually giving good feedback on the US realms at least.

You're talking about literally the best time to get things changed, and almost no one is taking the opportunity to try to influence that change. And then they wonder why things don't go the way they want them to and blizzard makes mind boggling decisions when making changes. If you want things to change, post reasoned well thought out feedback every chance you get.

I have no idea if my feedback has directly influenced anything, but I've repeatedly seen things that I had given feedback on get changed. It's not necessarily the changes I specifically am asking for or what have you, but things absolutely get addressed one way or another. Even really simply things, I posted a ton of feedback in this past PTR cycle and at one point I mentioned how mortal coil doesn't proc the heal unless it fears the mob and how that makes it a dead talent in PvE. I'm not sure that was something many if anyone else was talking about or something that was on blizzards radar, and yet right before the patch went live they changed it to proc regardless of whether or not it fears the target.

It's basically the same thing as voting, your vote may seem insignificant in the grand scheme of things, but if you don't vote its the same as saying you don't care who is in power and how they'll influence peoples lives. You need to exert your influence as best you can.

That said, I'm tempted to say Legion is looking better in terms of both willingness to make tweaks and trying to listen to player feedback, though things like SE / ILT / Ember removal / Affliction launch state makes me wonder. I've pretty conflicted feelings though, I look at destruction and it feels like it's gotten far worse in terms of QOL, but I'm enjoying the spec a fair bit this patch - I'm tempted to say more, probably because I feel like forced to hard-spec into AOE / ST with the talent swaps.
    I definitely think the changes they made in 7.1.5 in regards to destruction were for the worse, which is why I wrote a book in the PTR forums about changes hoping to influence the changes they talked about making in the future. I fully plan to continue to give loads more feedback as they continue to make changes, because I want to be part of the solution and I don't expect blizzard to gain psychic powers and figure out exactly what I like / dislike about the specs design and how to change it.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.