Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yennefer. Triss was a side fling while Gerault lost his memory, even though their feelings were true. Plus, I just found Yennefer to be more attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    I know, I saw the lore comic. Still would have been my choice if I could romance her in W2, and stay single in W3. But that wasnt a choice.
    Yeah, however one of CM from CDProjectRED tweeted that she's alive.

As for the actual topic:

I think the specific endings gives a lot insight, with Yen, Geralt will just be with her away from society and enjoy her company.

With Triss...i'm not sure if the Geralt would like this life, i mean living in a big city, Triss being a big person at court would involve a lot of balls and whatnot, just doesn't seem something Geralt would like.

I got greedy and tried both, got burned and I deserved it.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Ah, one of the toughest choices ever... I picked Triss, because I had been with her in Witcher 2, and I'm not one to swap gloves like that just because I've learned something from my past I wasn't aware of before - but honestly, I would pick them both, to leave neither disappointed. Fortunately, I saw on Youtube in advance what that attempt would lead to!
    Technically, by picking Triss you're also swapping gloves since Geralt had been together with Yennefer before Witcher 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    First playthrough? Yenn, didn't like the ending though. Tried Triss and still wasn't happy.

My next playthrough I'll have Geralt go with both (And thus end up with neither). Somehow Geralt being a loner or focusing on training Ciri seems to fit best.

After reading some of the books both Triss and Yen seem as manipulative as the rest of the lodge. So it's probably for the best.

Pity Shani wasn't a permanent option. I went with her in Witcher 1 and she was good to Alvin. But I guess there might be issues later on due to Geralt's long lifespan and Shani not being a sorcerer. I read somewhere that Shani dies aged 93 and I think Geralt will have more years than that left in him
    Yes, I picked Shani as well in Witcher 1. That being said, are witchers immortal or just long lived? For Geralt was already 100 years in Witcher 1 and Shani was 20 and some and she lived 70 more years from then, meaning Geralt would be 170 when she died.

Plus, Shani is beautiful in the expansion besides having a great personality:

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    Yennefer. because books and because Triss took advantage of Geralt's memory loss. she could have told him about Yenn and Ciri, but instead she chose to make him believe that they were together. she lied to him and manipulated him, took advantage of him. to her credit - she didn't do that out of pure malice, but relationship based on lies will always have issues.

Yennefer, for all her high maintenance ways is also far more brutally direct. both Yenn and Geralt are sarcastic little shits and what's more important, Yennifer's desires for the rest of her life - align closer to what Geralt yearns for.

and there is this whole "he loves her wholeheartedly, and only likes/slightly pities Triss" thing in the books. and Ciri. (that and I kinda like Triss a hell of a lot better with Eskel anyways, they seem to be better suited personality wise)
    Yes, but in the books Yennefer also took advantage of Geralt by sort of mind-controlling him to say bad stuff around everyone and getting him arrested simply because he tried, in his mind, to guess what diformity she might have had before learning witchcraft.
    Also, as far as I remember, also in the books it's stated that Yenn and Geralt had a rocky relationship where they'd break up at times then return together.
    So it's not all black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Yennefer. She's the more interesting of the two to me as well as being better suited to Geralt overall. Not to mention she's the canon choice anyway. Triss would, at best, be a temporary fling before Geralt eventually moved back to Yennefer.
    Why is she better suited for Geralt? Also, since the Geralt in the game is you, you choose the canon choice in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Yennefer. Triss was a side fling while Gerault lost his memory, even though their feelings were true. Plus, I just found Yennefer to be more attractive.
    But that's the thing, how do we know Yennefer wasn't also a thing because of the genie wish?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post

But that's the thing, how do we know Yennefer wasn't also a thing because of the genie wish?
    Well, if you played long enough in W3. you do a genie quest with Yennefer that break the bond between the 2. After that, its your decision (RP) to go either "I still love you Yen" or "I dont feel anything for you anymore". If you decide to go the I still love you, than in your story we can definitely say that it wasnt only a thing because of the genie. It all come down to how we RP this story, dont think there is any wrong answer, just personal feelings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Technically, by picking Triss you're also swapping gloves since Geralt had been together with Yennefer before Witcher 1.

Yes, I picked Shani as well in Witcher 1. That being said, are witchers immortal or just long lived? For Geralt was already 100 years in Witcher 1 and Shani was 20 and some and she lived 70 more years from then, meaning Geralt would be 170 when she died.

Plus, Shani is beautiful in the expansion besides having a great personality:

Yes, but in the books Yennefer also took advantage of Geralt by sort of mind-controlling him to say bad stuff around everyone and getting him arrested simply because he tried, in his mind, to guess what diformity she might have had before learning witchcraft.
    Also, as far as I remember, also in the books it's stated that Yenn and Geralt had a rocky relationship where they'd break up at times then return together.

Why is she better suited for Geralt? Also, since the Geralt in the game is you, you choose the canon choice in the end.

Well Vesemir is ancient. Well over two hundred years old if I remember correctly. Witches aren't immortal, but they are extremely long-lived.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but Geralt swapped gloves without being aware of it. I think his awakening by Kaer Morhen can be seen as a start of his current conscious life, so whatever took place before that shouldn't dictate how he should live now, who to love and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Triss every day of the week. Yennefer is one hell of an interesting character, and I really like her in that sense, but as far as human qualities go she loses.
    Yen's stuck-up, manipulative, bossy egomaniac, which would be a lot of fun if she was a main character in her own game, but as a romance option? Hell no.
    Triss isn't as high class, but she's just a better and more likeable person and one I'd be willing to put way more trust in than the other.

Also, how is there not a poll for a topic this important?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yennefer because I never liked Triss's voice

he WAS trying to do something he specificaly knew she woudln't want him to do, but she also fixed that trouble Geralt got him self into due to her revenge over his intrusiveness.

no, its not black and white, however.. what Genie's wish did was bind them together. in that if one dies, so does the other. it did not relaly create an emotion though.

yes, they had a rocky relationship, because they are both very stubborn people and Yennefer is very defensive about her inability to have children, her original appearance, the way she is treated due to being a woman and a sorceress, a lot of her behavior is figurative (and sometimes literal) armor. is it ok that she takes it out on other people? not relaly. but its part of what I like about her as a character. she is not perfect.

moreover - Geralt does a lot of the same things. he is sarcastic as hell, he pushes a lot of times when he really shouldn't, in short they BOTH need to grow. they inspire each other to grow. their personalities mesh best even as they clash, because in a lot of ways - they share the same values in life, and they function in a lot of the same ways which makes for better understanding of each other (of course on a flipside, pride and stubbornness, also means that sometimes they split up instead of fixing their issues, but hey.. no one is perfect and different relationships between different people have different dynamic)

and when people say canon choice - they mean canon for Geralt as a preexisting character. yes games allow us to play Geralt in different ways but honestly? it just becomes AU Geralt. he has a very specific defined personality in the books. for me at least playing him in any other way feels ... wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krawu View Post
    Also, how is there not a poll for a topic this important?
    You know, I didn't actually think of that honestly, good point!

Deleted
    I chose Yen just because they were a thing from a long time ago but if I ever play Witcher 3 from start again I would go with Triss. She is way warmer it seems like and Yen seems to be that hot but crazy woman you would avoid irl.

Yen does anything to get her will through and I dont like that. Wouldnt have gone with her if I knew that from the start.

I slept with both because i have this philosophy that i need to play Witcher as a dating sim and i don't regret it. :P
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Deleted
    I picked Yen, but only because it was the "new character" in the games and I wanted to experience that story arc first. If I'd have to choose from a less completionist and more in-character point of view: books -> Yen, games -> Triss.
    But, judging by their past and their egoistic and manipulative nature, I'd like to think that overall Geralt would not settle down for either in the end.

I played through the game twice and picked each one once. I picked Triss first and Yennefer on my second playthrough.

The game is definitely more rewarding/makes more sense/has more feels when you choose Yennefer though because that's basically the canon choice and the one that the devs spent the most time working on. Picking Triss is fine, but she basically becomes non-existent throughout most of the game after Novigrad. Whereas Yennefer is front and center from the time you go to Skellige onward.

Deleted
    You know, I thought a bit about the whole Triss not telling Geralt about Yennefer when he had amnesia... ok, fine, she didn't tell him because she loved him and wanted to be with him. That's a bit of a shit thing to do, but not what I want to discuss about.

Vesemir, Lambert, Eskel, Dandelion, Zoltan etc, all knew about Yennefer. Why didn't any of them tell her about her?

You know, I thought a bit about the whole Triss not telling Geralt about Yennefer when he had amnesia... ok, fine, she didn't tell him because she loved him and wanted to be with him. That's a bit of a shit thing to do, but not what I want to discuss about.

Vesemir, Lambert, Eskel, Dandelion, Zoltan etc, all knew about Yennefer. Why didn't any of them tell her about her?
    given certain story point in books back when Ciri was still a teenager and the way Triss basically managed all of them when first arriving to Kaer Morhen ? my guess would be, Triss pulled a bunch of favors/threats/lied that it would be a bad idea to bring up Yennefer in Geralt's current state and since Yennefer is probably a more difficult sorceress to deal with than even Triss? they went along with it.

Dandelion has grudgingly come to respect Yenn, but he never liked her or she - him (though to be honest, I have a hard time liking Dandelion myself. in the end he is loyal and means well, but holy hell the amount of trouble he gets Geralt in due to just being a dumbass who doesn't listen? is just staggering)

Yen is not exactly popular among Vesemir, Eskel and Labert, they even told Geralt they'd rather ask Triss for help in Witcher 3.

The more important question would be, why did Geralt kept dating Triss even after he recovered his memory to the point where he remembered that he was dating Yen?

Dandelion even pointed out during Act 2 that Geralt was going after two women during that time.

10+ Year Old Account

Perhaps they didn't think it was relevant. Yennefer was gone, no one knew where she was, and not everyone really understood how deep Geralt's amnesia was either, I suppose - perhaps they thought that he was aware of his past with Yennefer.

Another explanation is just that the story is better this way!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yenn first play through because unicorn sex scene and lulz

Triss in my current play through because why not.