Seems like Blizzard removed the cap on gametime tokens

A lot of people have reported that they're able to purchase gametime tokens after reaching 36 tokens in 24 months cap. Battlenet balance did not make it to 7.1.5, but seems like the the framework is being implemented slowly in preparation for it (Strings, removal of cap). Removing the cap is the first step in the right direction imo. I personally run 2 accounts on tokens, but I also play a lot of hearthstone, with that setup, a cap forces me to cough up real money. 36 tokens in 2 years means you have to pay 6 months for your 2nd account, and leaves no room for hearthstone.

Maximum of 10 unused tokens in your bag is still enforced however.
    Last edited by Zahgaan; 2017-01-16 at 01:41 AM.

Good news ! Thanks for the sharing.

Deleted
    What i dont get with the tokens, used all the gold i made in draenor to buy a crapton of them before they leapt up in price.
    Sub shows Subbed till 4th August 2018. However that was four months ago, and since then, if I try to use token it says using it will sub me to the 5th August 2018.
    So why is it stuck for months now on only giving one extra day ;/

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    What i dont get with the tokens, used all the gold i made in draenor to buy a crapton of them before they leapt up in price.
    Sub shows Subbed till 4th August 2018. However that was four months ago, and since then, if I try to use token it says using it will sub me to the 5th August 2018.
    There's only one explanation: 8/4/2018 is the end of days.

:cue X-Files theme song:

In all likelihood, the real reason is whatever database Blizzard uses to collate the data from sub time gained from Tokens has a cap at this date. Somebody at Blizzard needs to go in an manually remove this cap but since it's still 1.5+ years away, the extremely small number of people actually experiencing your issue has yet to generate enough interest for them to do so. If I were you, I'd open a ticket so they're at least aware of the problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post

In all likelihood, the real reason is whatever database Blizzard uses to collate the data from sub time gained from Tokens has a cap at this date. Somebody at Blizzard needs to go in an manually remove this cap but since it's still 1.5+ years away, the extremely small number of people actually experiencing your issue has yet to generate enough interest for them to do so. If I were you, I'd open a ticket so they're at least aware of the problem.
    Yeah I remember them saying there would be a cap, just assumed would be lifted as each month passes, cheers for the advice.

Deleted
    softcap LUL

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post

That's not true, we were testing it out yesterday and went beyond that date, proof.

I would suggest confirming the date that's listed in the e-mail that's sent for redeeming a game time token. Battlenet app can be buggy with showing remaining sub time left, sometimes it doesn't show it at all.
    Last edited by Zahgaan; 2017-01-16 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahgaan View Post
    I would suggest confirming the date that's listed in the e-mail that's sent for redeeming a game time token. Battlenet app can be buggy with showing remaining sub time left, sometimes it doesn't show it at all.
    Good call. I personally don't give enough of a fuck about WoW tokens to test it myself so I just based my response on things I've seen Blizzard do in the past.

Deleted
    Im certainly not gonna use a token to see what the email says, when I just tried got same day after date, so opened support ticket, not wasting a token on the off chance its UI bug, but thanks for the input