Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    If you went upto Scatter Shot you were not getting Counterattack or Trap Mastery from SV.
    Yeah it is pretty tough trying to remember talents taken, but I know I got scatter shotted plenty in BGs during Vanilla so I know hunters were running it, just how many of them? No idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Yeah it is pretty tough trying to remember talents taken, but I know I got scatter shotted plenty in BGs during Vanilla so I know hunters were running it, just how many of them? No idea.
    Exactly. And going full on in SV meant you were't getting Scatter Shot. Which again no sane Hunter would go 31 in Survival.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    Fantastic video. :-) You've completely understood/presented the fundamental point. The moment is simply gone, it'll never be fresh or new in that sense again.
    But the video is flawed cause he believes it's entirely Nostalgia. I'm trying to make the point that it isn't. It's more of a form of protest. Think of it like this, when Blizzard introduces a feature into the game that some people don't like, what do they do?

A) Roll over and accept the change
    B) Stop playing the game
    C) Complain about it on forums for eternity

I was A for a while but the changes piled up and I became a B. I stopped playing WoW just before WoD was released because I felt the game was no longer meant for me. The game is casual now, and way too casual for my tastes. Remember these are changes I perceive as bad, so it isn't every change. I like a lot of things they've done since Vanilla, but I hate a lot of things they've done since. The bad outweighed the good and now I want Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    But the video is flawed cause he believes it's entirely Nostalgia. I'm trying to make the point that it isn't. It's more of a form of protest. Think of it like this, when Blizzard introduces a feature into the game that some people don't like, what do they do?

B) Stop playing the game

I was A for a while but the changes piled up and I became a B. I stopped playing WoW just before WoD was released because I felt the game was no longer meant for me. The game is casual now, and way too casual for my tastes. Remember these are changes I perceive as bad, so it isn't every change. I like a lot of things they've done since Vanilla, but I hate a lot of things they've done since. The bad outweighed the good and now I want Vanilla.
    You're literally proving the video even more correct by disagreeing with the fundamental definition of nostalgia. So, uh, congratulations I guess.

Do what you want, 'cause a pirate is free, You are a pirate!

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    You're literally proving the video even more correct by disagreeing with the fundamental definition of nostalgia. So, uh, congratulations I guess.
    Why is it so hard to understand that some people prefer an older version of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    Why is it so hard to understand that some people prefer an older version of the game?
    I don't think it's hard at all. But trolling is what kids do for fun these days

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

B) Stop playing the game

I believe it was stated that only one point (nostalgia) is being discussed in the video, and that the conversation is much, much more than that.
    I have transcripts =D.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    What made classic wow better than current?
    I'm doing some research and I'd like to hear your opinions guys and gals
    The feeling of exploring the world and the game for the first time, when the modern spectacular games didn't exist, there was barely anything to play online at all. And that was experienced when people were 12 years younger. It can never be repeated.

WoW itself is now better.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Who cares what some troll thinks? Some people (myself included) much preferred Vanilla to current wow. It's not nostalgia, it's not rose-colored goggles. Others just can't accept that, so they feel this desire to tell you you're misremembering. Or they're trolls. Either way, who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Who cares what some troll thinks? Some people (myself included) much preferred Vanilla to current wow. It's not nostalgia, it's not rose-colored goggles. Others just can't accept that, so they feel this desire to tell you you're misremembering. Or they're trolls. Either way, who cares?
    The fact is they aren't trolling when they make their arguments in this thread and the one that was closed. You just don't accept what they have to say and considering it trolling.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think it's hard at all. But trolling is what kids do for fun these days
    And for what your 5th post in this thread you call out someone for trolling on your 'research' thread. Riiight.

Please, point out to me where I said anything even remotely resembling this? I don't give a flying fuck if you prefer another version of the game to retail. Everybody has their own opinion and they're entitled to it. The problem I have is with the collective awful fucking deductive reasoning the pro-Legacy "movement" seems to represent and people pretending they're not being manipulated by nostalgia when they're unable to even accept what the word means by definition.

"It's not nostalgia, the game was just better then!"

...but yeah, I'm the one "trolling" when I point this out. Excuse the fuck out of me for interrupting your happy little echo chamber.

Except the bolded part is wrong. WoW wasn't as hard as other MMOs but it wasn't an easy game. It was as difficult as something like Morrowind.
    Wow is more difficult now than ever. Put Helya normal in any vanilla raid. Let alone heroic or mythic and everyone back then would be in panic mode. She'd be the guild killer roadblock

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    I believe it was stated that only one point (nostalgia) is being discussed in the video, and that the conversation is much, much more than that.
    I have transcripts =D.
    But the entire premise of the video is that Nostalgia is the driving force for Vanilla WoW. I argue that Blizzard has failed to appeal to that audience in terms of game play with modern WoW. The Nostalgia argument works if it isn't about game mechanics but instead for sound or music or story. But game mechanics or style don't age with time. They don't become outdated. Like how Doom 2016 went back to Doom 1&2 play style instead of the Doom 3 style and it works better. How Ford and Chevy went back to older Mustang and Camaro style for their modern cars is nostalgia.

Not everything new is better. Once in a while something older was just better. People who claim Nostalgia, are no different than people who use the word vintage for something old and rusty. We're bending the word to support our argument. Anyone who wants Legacy realms will tell you that it's a totally different game from Legion, and they're right. It's your opinion if you think Vanilla WoW or Legion is the best version of WoW, but these people do believe that Vanilla was the best.

Think of it like this, video games are like songs. Just cause you like it, doesn't mean everyone else will like it. And forcing your opinion onto people about which version is better will almost always end in arguments. This also relates to Blizzard as they pushed casual and hardcore players to play nicely with each other. Push came to shove and WoW has a new core audience now, and it doesn't include the hardcore. To give you an idea how much different these games are, Vanilla WoW is hardcore while Legion is casual. That's not nostalgia, that's two different games under the same name.

Anyone who wants Legacy realms will tell you that it's a totally different game from Legion, and they're right.
    And that is also an opinion. They use that argument to try and twist things around to saying Vanilla WoW is abandonware or Blizz has no rights to it anymore because they kept adding to the game and blah blah blah.

- - - Updated - - -

To give you an idea how much different these games are, Vanilla WoW is hardcore while Legion is casual. That's not nostalgia, that's two different games under the same name.
    Vanilla WoW is hardcore? LOL you DO realize that the amount of raiders in Vanilla was less than ANY OTHER TIME PERIOD of WoW right? Guess what that means. More casual players that leveled characters, did tradeskills, played alts. They weren't doing the 'hardcore' content. You want hardcore content in Legion? Go do some Mythic raids or M15+ dungeons. Go do some top level arena and rated battlegrounds. That is where the hardcore in WoW is at. It sure isn't a slow fucking grind to 60 and some piss easy raids in Vanilla.

The funny thing is Vanilla and Legion both have hardcore and casual elements because they are the same game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    And for what your 5th post in this thread you call out someone for trolling on your 'research' thread. Riiight.
    My research was done pages and pages ago, I even thanked everyone that answered. But trolling is trolling, there's no getting around that.

My research was done pages and pages ago, I even thanked everyone that answered. But trolling is trolling, there's no getting around that.
    You were never looking for research. You wanted to create a pro-Legacy circlejerking echo chamber and attracted the usual suspects. Then you did the entirely predictable thing and wrote off anybody with a dissenting opinion about the apparent greatness of Vanilla WoW as a "troll."

Whatever. If you're done with the thread, you should ask the Mods to close it since clearly there's no further discussion to be had.

K if you think there is trolling feel free to report it to mods. But you just don't like people disagreeing with your biased thread title anyways. Lolz I can't wait to read your informative report and the shoddy research you put forth.

It wasn't. It was an awful game. Class balance was non-existent, as was proper PvP, raid tuning was all over the place. This is coming from someone who wants vanilla servers. It's all about nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    You were never looking for research. You wanted to create a pro-Legacy circlejerking echo chamber and attracted the usual suspects. Then you did the entirely predictable thing and wrote off anybody with a dissenting opinion about the apparent greatness of Vanilla WoW as a "troll."

Whatever. If you're done with the thread, you should ask the Mods to close it since clearly there's no further discussion to be had.
    Come on now, it isn't nice to 'troll' the OP.

I still find the most amusing part is the vast amount of people that came into this thread and flat out said current is better than Vanilla WoW. It isn't even close on how badly Vanilla got outnumbered.