Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

I hate Empowered Lifetap

I hate having to keep this buff up.

Please nerf or remove the talent, it's not fun, I want to play with the other two but don't want to lose dps.

Deleted
    Same for me.

I switched speccs mostly because of it. I don't think Blizzard is going to do anything about it though

I'm really not concerned about ELT in and of itself ... but while I'm trying to get back into playing (mostly focusing first on studying up before I hit the dummies and dungeons), I'm seeing a lot of Destro players expressing that the current optimal build feels really clunky (as much as I think that term is overused, that seems to be the general gist here).

So I am looking into a more-forgiving build that I can ease back into with ... and really maybe that will perform better for me than failing to keep up with the optimal build, who knows, we'll see ...
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Because of this and several other changes I switched to aff as well. It's not particularly hard to execute the newer Destro, it's just really bland. There's not much that's challenging to gameplay like use life tap every 20 seconds, line up doomguard and serv if you have it and just use soul harvest on cd. Eradication+RE at least gave some fun options to maximize usage, even if just in small ways from time to time.

Starting to get a bit worried though. I hope Blizzard doesn't see locks changing from destro to aff as a numbers problem. There isn't really a problem with the numbers destro pulls, but really just down to actual gameplay for me. I'm having a lot more fun with Aff's Reap windows and MG cycles and to an extent even SE..
    Last edited by Duckz0rs; 2017-01-15 at 05:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I'm really not concerned about ELT in and of itself ... but while I'm trying to get back into playing (mostly focusing first on studying up before I hit the dummies and dungeons), I'm seeing a lot of Destro players expressing that the current optimal build feels really clunky (as much as I think that term is overused, that seems to be the general gist here).

So I am looking into a more-forgiving build that I can ease back into with ... and really maybe that will perform better for me than failing to keep up with the optimal build, who knows, we'll see ...
    Just stick to backdraft, its more practical and im pretty sure it will be simply better on some fights, even with 4-set. Destro rotation with RB and 4-set is quite annoying with too many things happening at same time. This results in DPS loss. Right now it doesn't really matter which one you will take. About rest of the talents, well I dont really mind ELT but I believe the dps loss with erad is much lower with BD and could be about same with 4 set and BD.

So... don't use it? It's not likely to be some giant loss to play with Eradication, and if you're fumbling with remembering or not having fun you'll probably do better in the long run anyway.

I sincerely do not understand how can someone hate a talent/spell that is:
    Resource free (HP is unlimited any scenario given that you are in a raid normal situation)
    Is instant
    Does not require target (you can use it even if the boss goes immune, or as a pre-cast // pre-something
    Unlimited range

It increases your dps and has barely (if any) limitation. It not like DE is for demo or how Slice and Dice used to be.

If you don't like it just use Eradication, don't feel obligated to run any talent if you don't feel comfortable with.

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    I hate having to keep this buff up.

Please nerf or remove the talent, it's not fun, I want to play with the other two but don't want to lose dps.
    Why do you hate it? If you play the other specs then you you will be used to having to Lifetap as well say 2-3 times a minute.

The other options are actually pretty close and maybe Eradication on 2 target is ahead so play what's fun.
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2017-01-15 at 10:47 PM.

Deleted
    I'm fine with it. It could be a lot worse. Like Demonic Empowerment.
    Last edited by mmoccd6b269a28; 2017-01-15 at 11:14 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Played Destruct lock since 2005.
    decided to make a new one and play affliction from the very start. Just swapping over wasn't working for me.
    It would be nice if Common sense prevailed for once. And they say this patch wasn't a good idea
    but sadly its going to be WOD all over again. In denial about clear mistakes and wait it out

Deleted
    I think it's fine except for two things
    a) Missing the 0.5s CB reduction
    b) I frequently forget to use it on the first pull of a dungeon and won't remember to keep it up until my first lifetap.

In general the maintenance buff aint as bad as I thought it would be.

You just need a big flashy alert for when it's about to fall off/has fallen off. After a while you can make it a bit less flashy once you get used to things.

An instant cast no cd spell that gives mana back isn't the worst cost for a maintenance buff we've ever seen.

Now, I'm off to lobby Blizzard to re-implement improved soul fire.
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2017-01-15 at 11:34 PM.

I would like the sacrifice of the heath were nerfed(1% of life for the buff) and the spell don't be a 1 global sec in the rotation

Quote Originally Posted by HhitSappens View Post
    I sincerely do not understand how can someone hate a talent/spell that is:
    Resource free (HP is unlimited any scenario given that you are in a raid normal situation)
    Is instant
    Does not require target (you can use it even if the boss goes immune, or as a pre-cast // pre-something
    Unlimited range

It increases your dps and has barely (if any) limitation. It not like DE is for demo or how Slice and Dice used to be.
    Its intrusive to gameplay as opposed to synergistic. Its not like you life tap when you need to and get a benefit from it, you're constantly having to press this button every 20 seconds that doesn't do any damage and forces you to postpone other things you're doing in order to get this damage buff.

There's really just nothing fun about it, it isn't really a problem its just not an enjoyable mechanic. It literally has never been an enjoyable mechanic which is why every single iteration of it gets removed with each new xpac. Why they keep bringing it back is beyond me.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Its intrusive to gameplay as opposed to synergistic. Its not like you life tap when you need to and get a benefit from it, you're constantly having to press this button every 20 seconds that doesn't do any damage and forces you to postpone other things you're doing in order to get this damage buff.

There's really just nothing fun about it, it isn't really a problem its just not an enjoyable mechanic. It literally has never been an enjoyable mechanic which is why every single iteration of it gets removed with each new xpac. Why they keep bringing it back is beyond me.
    "you're constantly having to press this button every 20 second"

You basically just described every single ability with CD that has a high priority on the rotation list

I still don't see any issue. Sure it may not be the best definition of fun (because it does no damage, has no cool graphics?)
    But saying it is bad designed, I don't agree.

Quote Originally Posted by HhitSappens View Post
    "you're constantly having to press this button every 20 second"

You basically just described every single ability with CD that has a high priority on the rotation list

I still don't see any issue. Sure it may not be the best definition of fun (because it does no damage, has no cool graphics?)
    But saying it is bad designed, I don't agree.
    The difference being that other priority abilities do things beyond maintenance at the very least, and if well designed play into our rotation.

If its not fun, to the point where the general consensus is people hate it, then its bad design. There's a reason you saw 99% RE use despite mana tap being 3% ahead and actually doing something for aoe.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I see it as is a return of Inquisition, Warlock style.

It was boring back then and it's equally as boring now. Not sure why short length maintainance buffs are making a come back, but I wouldn't have minded as much if there wasn't so much else to keep track of as part of the destro rotation.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    All I see it as is a return of Inquisition, Warlock style.

It was boring back then and it's equally as boring now. Not sure why short length maintainance buffs are making a come back, but I wouldn't have minded as much if there wasn't so much else to keep track of as part of the destro rotation.
    They literally never left, some class always has it in one form or another. Last xpac it was soulburn haunt, the xpac before that it was invocation, before that improved soul fire, etc etc.

And every single time people freaking hate it with a passion and they end up removing it. I don't understand why they keep doing it.

It's not quite as bad as inquisition, since we don't have to spend shards or anything like that on it, and unless you take reverse entropy, life tap is used rotationally anyway. Just you it a bit more often now, and it pushes it a bit up the queue for movement when you're at high mana.

It's also a lot better to play with than the old mana tap since it gives mana back instead of having a pretty annoying mana cost mechanic that would mean you had to time it for when you have low mana and then require you to cast extra life taps on top of maintaining the buff through mana tap.

I'm not the biggest fan, but what we've got now is certainly a big improvement on what we could have been doing if mana tap had been left the same mechanically and just been numerically tuned such that we wanted to use it.