Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Can't wait for the safe spacers.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

It would've been better had they not done the same to every president.

What's going to be interesting is the White House Correspondents’ Dinner with Trump at the microphone.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Offended
    Relax man, it's just a joke. No need to get so upset about it.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Relax man.
    Yep.

/charsamich
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -MDH- View Post
    Inb4 someone calls Alec Baldwin and SNL has-beens for insulting their daddy.
    Surprised their inbred turnip god-king hasn't already furiously tweeted about it, honestly. Poor kid.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ehh. I'm more of a Fan of Mark Hamill and Billy West's character reading parodies, Alec doesn't feel like he pulls Trump off well enough, so the caricature feels off. I think someone like Kevin Spacey would do it well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    What would have been an even better skit?

They should have gone full Godwins law and had the press freaking out that Trump was going to put minorities and LGBT people in concentration camps, then essentially do a string of holocaust jokes where Trump slowly turns into the caricature of 'literally Hitler' that the extreme left applied to him. It would have been a good opportunity to mock everybody.
    Don't quit your day job.
    (Unless your day job is writing comedy skits)

10+ Year Old Account
    It was very funny. I expect there was a lot of butthurt out there in the US though.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Really looking forward to 4 years of just brutal mocking. Half of that joy comes entirely from knowing that Trump just can't fucking handle it.
    The Mocking is always fun to watch. Some of the Bill Clinton Bush shit was great. Bushisms and such. It was sad that Obama couldn't have the kind of mocking previous Candidates had mostly because it was instantly labelled Racist or people got extremely butthurt about it.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Really looking forward to 4 years of just brutal mocking. Half of that joy comes entirely from knowing that Trump just can't fucking handle it.
    I'm waiting for a "leave Brittany alone" moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I like his rendition. I just think they need to be careful about overusing it. A couple of them now felt kind of forced, like there really wasn't anything going on and they were just determined to include a Trump skit.
    Kind of makes me wonder if they will get Key back in at some point for an Obama/Trump Sketch.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    The Mocking is always fun to watch. Some of the Bill Clinton Bush shit was great. Bushisms and such. It was sad that Obama couldn't have the kind of mocking previous Candidates had mostly because it was instantly labelled Racist or people got extremely butthurt about it.
    Alternatively, Obama ran a pretty clean and pretty smooth administration for 8 years unriddled by the kinds of scandals and personal failures that satire targets.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nope, but you sure can act like them when you don't get your way.
    I love the "I'm rubber, you're glue" retort because it reminds me of my youth. I still fondly remember kindergarten; great times.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Don't quit your day job.
    (Unless your day job is writing comedy skits)
    I guess people can't really engage with comedy if they need to gate their reaction to it behind whether it is socially acceptable to find what they are experiencing funny.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Surprised their inbred turnip god-king hasn't already furiously tweeted about it, honestly. Poor kid.
    Trump tweets: SNL is ‘worst of NBC’

President-elect Donald Trump tweeted Sunday evening about “Saturday Night Live,” again attacking the NBC comedy show for parodying him.
    “"@NBCNews is bad but Saturday Night Live is the worst of NBC. Not funny, cast is terrible, always a complete hit job. Really bad television!” he wrote.
    On Saturday night, the program featured a sketch targeting the performers scheduled to appear at this week’s inauguration. It also mocked his news conference last week and his relationship with the press.
    In December, Trump blasted the show as “unwatchable.”

--------------------
    NBC has to love the free publicity.

Could be better if he worked on a Trump voice.

You guys a really bitter, good thing you can always cheer yourselves up by mocking others.
    it's about the only thing Trump responds to so I don't the problem here.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I guess people can't really engage with comedy if they need to gate their reaction to it behind whether it is socially acceptable to find what they are experiencing funny.
    No, you just weren't funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alternatively, Obama ran a pretty clean and pretty smooth administration for 8 years unriddled by the kinds of scandals and personal failures that satire targets.
    Yeah that is pretty true. It seemed most of the Parodies of saw of him were more positive embellishments rather than negative satire. (not that that is a bad thing, "Chuck Norris" type Humour can be good if done well.)

Quote Originally Posted by -MDH- View Post
    I'm waiting for a "leave Brittany alone" moment.
    that be sad, i mean why stop the left from acting like the right did with Obama, its pure gold to see folks stoop to their level of hatred for a person.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."