If you need further evidence Nintendo is being really conservative with Switch shipments...

3 million Wii Us shipped in 5 weeks at it's launch.

Even the Wii U sold out at launch still, Nintendo restocked but they couldn't keep the deluxe units in stock until months later only the basics where ever on the shelves. No one wanted a fucking basic either so not comparable, 8 GB of internal memory is laughably bad you can't even play physical XCX with the installs on it.

Which means they're shipping less Switches then Wii Us in the same time span.

Whether you want to call it a forced shortage or not, it's plain as day Nintendo is being very conservative with the shipments.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Whether you want to call it a forced shortage or not, it's plain as day Nintendo is being very conservative with the shipments.
    Personally between this and the list of games its getting, along with the state of Nintendo's online service. I feel that this is in fact 100% rushed out the gate and its likely going to bite them in the ass.

They could have waited until Holiday 2017 and have had a amazing launch lineup, along with more then enough systems. Them releasing it in march was a odd choice to begin with and its clear its being rushed.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    It is bad. We're not just talking about a dry launch month, we're talking about a dry launch YEAR. Mario is their only big holiday release and no third parties are jumping in to fill any gaps. Ironically, if software doesn't sell on the Switch, third parties will just end up convinced they were right all along and that the Switch is a waste of their time. I know a lot of talk in this thread is about how the Switch is rushed, but...well...What would you want Nintendo to do, delay it another year when the hardware would be even MORE outdated AND it would have competition from Scorpio? Start all over from R&D and wait another three years to release it? The problem isn't that it's rushed, it's that Nintendo Nintendoed the console from the get-go - they locked out third-parties until the last minute instead of including them from the beginning to get a good launch lineup (even if most of the games would have been ports), they used weaker hardware so that they could turn a profit on the console, and they're trying to push motion controls ten years later when people are already over it (and while VR is the new hot thing everyone talks about).
    But if they don't make games and don't put in the effort to bring their titles to the Switch in time for the holidays, then it can never be proven that the system was a failure. See, there is where I get confused as to how people think they can rationalize the behavior of 3rd party studios. Look at the Wii U launch window. It had a game that turned out to be a pile of garbage in Zombie U, and one of the only notable 3rd party games otherwise was a port of Mass Effect 3, which looked and played amazing by the way, but had neither the predecessors to create an extended save that encompasses all three games which would have drawn more people into the game, nor did it get the Leviathan DLC. And BioWare fucked that game up from the start. The game was leaps and bounds better than the 360 and PS3 versions in terms of graphics, and could have been better had the done the entire trilogy for the Wii U. Otherwise, how is it Nintendo's fault if the 3rd party developers are making games that are sloppy and poorly done or they get hyped up as being good games and wind up disappointing? When it comes to the quality of the products 3rd party studios are putting into the games they make for Nintendo platforms, it's high time we stop pointing fingers at Nintendo as if it was their fault and start calling a spade a spade, 3rd party studios have been doing half baked efforts on Nintendo systems for two generations, and they wonder why their games don't sell on their systems, it's probably because Nintendo fans aren't stupid enough to buy shit ports. Which is probably why Skyrim won't sell well on the Switch, people have been playing it for 2 damn years and the remastered version just came out a few months ago while we are talking about a version that won't launch until the fall of this year and likely won't be anywhere near the visual quality of the remastered version.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    It can hurt them more then help them....

Once again look at the Wii-U and look at how many people no longer give any fuck's about amiibo's. I'm not saying make a system for each person in the world, but 2 million world wide is a fucken joke.
    i would say that has more to do with amiibos lacking good features/and good games to use them with and the wiiu lacking in games than it did with the shortage.

almost all of the amiibos that have been released lately have been remakes of old amiibos that do fuck all for the games or amiibos of niche characters that while cool also do fuck all for the games.

smash bros drove amiibo sales, once we have a big game like that again amiibos will go back up in demand.

does waluigi even do anything in any games exclusive to him?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    and what is wrong with artificial demand of a console?
    The biggest revenue for console are software sales. Hardware facilitates with software sales. More software sales also means better outlook by other 3rd party, which means more eager to develop for. Which in turn means more software sales.

None of this makes any sense and to be quite honest who the fuck care's what Sony did.

This is clearly a controlled stortage and Nintendo has been doing it for years.... here ill make a list for you.

1) The Wii-U
    2) Amiibo's
    3) Limited Edition 3DS's (Ya remember when there was only 3 at each gamestop of the majora's mask version)

and now they are doing it with The Switch. Its common as fuck for Nintendo to limit stock to keep people wanting. If 2 million (World Wide) is all Nintendo could put out, Since they announced it in Oct ( 5 months ago) then there is something wrong. Ether they intended it to be that way or its rushed.
    I am merely pointing out a possible counter argument to him. I know Nintendo does a controlled shortage all the time. However, I am not certain if its a controlled shortage this time or just a lack of time to create enough given the short time frame they have given themselves to deliver the system after announcing.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    If you need further evidence Nintendo is being really conservative with Switch shipments...

3 million Wii Us shipped in 5 weeks at it's launch.

Even the Wii U sold out at launch still, Nintendo restocked but they couldn't keep the deluxe units in stock until months later only the basics where ever on the shelves. No one wanted a fucking basic either so not comparable, 8 GB of internal memory is laughably bad you can't even play physical XCX with the installs on it.

Which means they're shipping less Switches then Wii Us in the same time span.

Or they are behind on production, which is what I could easily see being the reason for the shortage. They took too long to decide how they wanted to make their system and probably have only been running initial production batches for the last 9 months, and still had to test their initial runs for quality before OKing them for full scale production. This happens all the time in manufacturing, sometimes a product launch gets delayed because there are issues with the initial batch that are used for QA testing and Nintendo aren't exactly known for cutting corners when it comes to their consoles so they are going to ship without any major flaws (something that can't be said for the 360 launch, if anyone remembers that clusterfuck of the RROD).

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    likely won't be anywhere near the visual quality of the remastered version.
    And why won't it be anywhere near the visual quality of the remastered version....Because The Switch can not handle it. Why should 3rd part dev's work on new IP's or release current ones on a underpowered and undersold system.

Nintendo also lacked in first party titles for the first two years of the Wii-U's life. If the system isn't selling there is no sense in making games for it. If the system is underpowered there is no point in trying to port over titles to it.

Look at Watch Dogs for the Wii-U and compare it to all other versions. The Wii-U was a underpowred system and late to the party. You can't release a Ps3 and expect it to beat a Ps4. That is what Nintendo did and this time around they are releasing the Wii-U 2.0 and the difference is a hardware boost and mobility.

The hardware is no where near current gen. Also with them limited stock that limits sells and why would dev's work on any game for such a system.

Gaming is a business and there goal is to make money. No matter the amount of 3rd party shit, If the system's are not there then it doesn't matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I am merely pointing out a possible counter argument to him. I know Nintendo does a controlled shortage all the time. However, I am not certain if its a controlled shortage this time or just a lack of time to create enough given the short time frame they have given themselves to deliver the system after announcing.
    I misunderstood then so myfault.

Personally I think they are rushing it out the gate, this will backfire mark my words.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-01-16 at 02:03 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I want it, I don't plan to pre-order. Maybe over the summer, or into the fall. Not enough games on launch for me to care, and I'm not keen on the current price.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

and what is wrong with artificial demand of a console?
    whoa whoa whoa

did you seriously ask this

are you trolling me right now?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    whoa whoa whoa

did you seriously ask this

are you trolling me right now?
    i think building hype for the system is more important than launch sales.

if they market it right the switch will do well just like the wii did. especially once pokemon gets on it.

i have one preordered. anyone who seriously wanted a switch couldve gotten one.

- - - Updated - - -

although you could counter that by saying nintendo couldve started marketing the switch earlier, which id agree with but its too late for that.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

i have one preordered. anyone who seriously wanted a switch couldve gotten one.
    ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must be new to this. Ya anyone who seriously wanted a switch could've gotten one, Just like the NES classic right. All this does is line the pockets of scalpers, nothing more.

Seriously enough with the Nintendo defending, The shit has gotten old.

And you would be 100% factually wrong, feel free to ask any business. Nintendo should have marketed the system sooner and have stock to meet demand or at lease meet half of the demand.

THEY ARE LAUNCHING 2 MILLION SYSTEMS WORLD WIDE.............................Do you not realize how bad that is.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-01-16 at 02:35 AM.

Deleted
    Looking good. Nintendo listens to their consumers. Sure, we have to pay for online now too but Nintendo brought it to a new level. We get free game every month and a nice app for voice chat plus some deals. It's basically Steam on steroids. Can't even compare to Xbox One and PlayStanion. Nintendo is the last true gamer's console.

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    Looking good. Nintendo listens to their consumers. Sure, we have to pay for online now too but Nintendo brought it to a new level. We get free game every month and a nice app for voice chat plus some deals. It's basically Steam on steroids. Can't even compare to Xbox One and PlayStanion. Nintendo is the last true gamer's console.
    I think you forgot the /s.

Nintendo should have marketed the system sooner and have stock to meet demand or at lease meet half of the demand.
    and i agree.

but at this point the launch of the switch isnt REALLY the launch, its more of a marketing thing. the switch will launch, there will be headlines everywhere about how its sold out, zelda will most likely get great reviews and sell well and there will be adverts for it all over tv and online. then a couple months later when people actually can pick it up which will probably be right around the time splatoon is getting ready for its marketing run we will see how it actually is doing.

and i agree.

but at this point the launch of the switch isnt REALLY the launch, its more of a marketing thing.
    What in the fuck are you smoking seriously. After all the things you said tonight this takes the cake...

I'm done there is no talking to you and not a facepalm big enough.

You're right because advertisement is what gets the system to sell

artificial demand is not hype though, it's called artificial demand for a reason, it basically makes their numbers look good on paper but in actuality they are not that impressive

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    you don't get 1 free game a month you RENT 1 snes game a month and you have to return it after the month is over

the voice app should be in the system by default, not on your phone. If you used the phone use fucking discord CAUSE ITS FREE HELLO?

/end sarcasm
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must be new to this. Ya anyone who seriously wanted a switch could've gotten one, Just like the NES classic right. All this does is line the pockets of scalpers, nothing more.

Seriously enough with the Nintendo defending, The shit has gotten old.
    He's right though.

I woke up halfway through the Friday after the reveal, went to Gamestop, and there was still 10 left for preordering. Anyone who seriously wanted it could have gotten it.

This isn't anywhere close to the NES that flew off the shelves in a minute after opening stores, not at all.

Why do you expect them to NOT have a small amount though total? They don't want to risk another Wii U.

And why does it even matter if they have a shortage if like you insist, there's nothing worth getting at launch?

What in the fuck are you smoking seriously. After all the things you said tonight this takes the cake...

I'm done there is no talking to you and not a facepalm big enough.
    its pretty easy to understand.

even now, nobody in the mainstream knows what the fuck the switch is, they only just now started putting shit up in gamestop to promote it and 99% of the people i talk to about the switch didnt know nintendo was even releasing a new console this year.

the switch launch will be more about marketing the system, generating hype and getting people interested in the switch brand just like nintendo did with the wii.

the wii was so sold out at launch and generated so much hype people LITERALLY DIED trying to get one

if they advertise it right like they did with the wii it will be a success

and like i said, i agree they shouldve done this earlier instead of now but id rather them do it now then drop a shit ton of switches at launch and have no hype. demand creates hype. thats just a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    He's right though. And why does it even matter if they have a shortage if like you insist, there's nothing worth getting at launch?
    No he isn't and I never said there was nothing worth getting at launch. There is one game if your getting the system worth having.

Do fallow along and not put words in my mouth.

Done explained this over and over. Feel free to believe in whatever you wish but as it stands welcome to the rerun episode called "Wii-U's Launch" release.

Also Joe for bonus points to prove this bullshit more wrong.

I woke up halfway through the Friday after the reveal, went to Gamestop, and there was still 10 left for preordering. Anyone who seriously wanted it could have gotten it.
    Lots of place's opened Pre-Orders at 3am and guess what some people have to work and can't stay up all night. So no due to limited stock not everyone who was seriously wanting one could get one. The fucken zelda collector edition sold out within mins of release.

This song and dance has been done time and time again with Nintendo. But people like you will keep defending this shit to the death and people like me will be forced to buy shit from ebay (Majora's Mask 3DS for example) because Nintendo want's to limit stock.

So tired of people like you white knighting the shit out of Nintendo.

- - - Updated - - -

its pretty easy to understand.
    Done explained how you are wrong and like I said you won't lissen.

You was wrong about the leaks and you are wrong about this. Done repeating myself, I'm heading to bed have fun.