Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    If Russia's going to invade the Baltics they'll wait until Trump kills NATO.
    Were I an Estonian I'd consider getting out right now honestly.

What the actual fuck?
    The german currency would be stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    What if Trump is Cybran in disguise?!
    I honestly couldn't tell the difference. I'm not good at translating batshit crazy.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Well, last time they got their independence by singing.

Deleted
    I guess you mean NATO? And I'd rather not have another world war. Russia should keep it in its pants.
    None of us wants war. And that's precisely what Russia is counting on. It keeps snatching just small enough pieces from its neighbours that the threshold of EU-wide military response isn't crossed, and repeats it again when the diplomatic outrage has calmed down a bit. Or it might wait for a moment when the majority of the EU countries are too engaged with other difficulties (with all the rapefugee bullshit, a civil war of some scale isn't at all impossible) and snatch a bigger piece.

Well, last time they got their independence by singing.
    Not sure that trick is gonna pull it again with Russia.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    None of us wants war. And that's precisely what Russia is counting on. It keeps snatching just small enough pieces from its neighbours that the threshold of EU-wide military response isn't crossed, and repeats it again when the diplomatic outrage has calmed down a bit. Or it might wait for a moment when the majority of the EU countries are too engaged with other difficulties (with all the rapefugee bullshit, a civil war of some scale isn't at all impossible) and snatch a bigger piece.
    Which also explains why Russia pushes for anti-NATO politicians in the West. "Little bits at a time" doesn't mean anything when Article 5 can be invoked.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Don't worry, Trump will tell Putin that he shouldn't have done that and lift some sanctions.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Indeed... Trump is so unpredictable that in four years we could either be all dead, or - on a critical success roll, amazingly happy with his work.

The problem is - we have NFI which way things will go.

Also - I'd love to hear from the translators trying to translate Trump's words into German (or any other language).

(article -> https://qz.com/817886/i-pursued-her-...ign-languages/ )

Any German speakers here that can comment on the result
    This isn't a problem with the language. This is a problem with Trump not making any sense to begin with. To be honest, his rambling way of speaking makes him hard to understand in English. I'm guessing most translators have trouble, because they need to understand the content of what was said in order to translate correctly. Unlike native speakers who can just transcribe and let the reader figure out what was said. For translators, it's basically a long rambling sentence of blank content. Especially when you're trained to stay in a certain type of formal language. Trump's problem is that he doesn't know the political lingo. Journalists and translators expect certain keywords in certain situations and Trump doesn't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump plans to keep using social media, including Twitter, once he’s in the White House to sidestep the press and communicate directly with his followers
    Please, oh please. Cannot wait for more "Trumpisms", they'll be such a riot.

It's times like these that I wish Stewart and Colbert were back to back again.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Hm, what do you want evaluated? (source not loading for me)
    Just how well the 'meaning' if that is what you say is translated, and also the 'attitude' ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    Please, oh please. Cannot wait for more "Trumpisms", they'll be such a riot.

It's times like these that I wish Stewart and Colbert were back to back again.
    I think Stewart gave up. He can't possibly be as funny as Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whenever Trump speaks of foreign politics, it sounds like he just read a couple articles on Wikipedia and went on to tweet about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Just how well the 'meaning' if that is what you say is translated, and also the 'attitude' ?
    Will get to you once it is out. The Bild article doesn't seem to be up yet, it is dead at night right now in Germany. Though the Bild isn't exactly what you would call a great paper to begin with anyway.

Dammit Trump, and you're not even president yet. Did something set him off?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    This is a problem with Trump not making any sense to begin with.
    Actually - his use of language is masterful in its own way, but only when he controls the medium. Linguistic analysis seems to show he 'speaks' with written words rather than 'writes' with it.

So trying to analyse his written word fails unless you take into account that it is 'spoken' language in written form.

Some analysis:

and

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe we can stay out of WW3 after all?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Will get to you once it is out. The Bild article doesn't seem to be up yet, it is dead at night right now in Germany. Though the Bild isn't exactly what you would call a great paper to begin with anyway.
    They're perfect for Trump, though. Lots of pictures, barely enough text to fill two headlines in 1024pt font on the front page and 3 lines of text in the paragraphs and that's it. The headline will read something like this:

As you can see, Trump's whole interview can be summed up in like... 4-5 short slogans and that's it. Sadly, that's all there is to his agenda.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    You heard it here first, guys. The Reich is back at it.

If you are nice, I'll keep you as my personal slaves. Promised!
    We are fellow Germanics, can we join the 4th Reich?

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Maybe we can stay out of WW3 after all?
    Yeah, and WW2 could have been avoided if people just let the Reich take whatever they wanted. Capitulation to expansionary policies isn't peace.