Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by N1ppe View Post
    Sure, there is nothing wrong with spec when difference between god parse and trash parse is based on your Ashmane's Bite procs
    There might be that bit of RNG with AB but you must understand it can be influenced with efficient pooling. There's a reason why the variance isn't far from ~40-45% on better parses, and consistently so with those players in particular. There's always something you can do to improve on, just look at your logs and compare them to the logs of others to see what you can do to do better!... and humble yourself and ask for help instead of complaining lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoffles View Post
    There might be that bit of RNG with AB but you must understand it can be influenced with efficient pooling. There's a reason why the variance isn't far from ~40-45% on better parses, and consistently so with those players in particular. There's always something you can do to improve on, just look at your logs and compare them to the logs of others to see what you can do to do better!... and humble yourself and ask for help instead of complaining lol.
    Oh please.. Next you are going to tell me how to RNG manipulate my critrate to have 60%+ on every ability?

Took a log with a same fight length, same legendaries and about the same gear
    Result: 5 AB procs compared to 1, FB critting 40% more, Shred critting 30% more, Rake 20% more.
    IDK if you can call either of these "proper pooling"

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    As others have pointed out, this is not a spec problem this is a you problem where your feral parse was garbage (14th percentile).
    wow. i've had bad nights, but 14th percentile... that's not rng.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iperson View Post
    wow. i've had bad nights, but 14th percentile... that's not rng.
    I wouldn't really stare at ilvl bracket 5 days after patch came out when there is total of 160 logs recorded for feral druids.

Oh please.. Next you are going to tell me how to RNG manipulate my critrate to have 60%+ on every ability?

Took a log with a same fight length, same legendaries and about the same gear
    Result: 5 AB procs compared to 1, FB critting 40% more, Shred critting 30% more, Rake 20% more.
    IDK if you can call either of these "proper pooling"
    Refreshing rip slightly earlier and pooling your energy beforehand will increase the number of combo generators you're able to execute while your rip is at a higher duration, thus increasing the duration of AB and directly increasing the uptime. If you put in any work doing research you'd know that, but judging from your response, I suppose you don't want any help. You'll get what you put in. There's a reason why there are tons of players with consistently good parses. Your excuse of "rng isn't ever on my side" is only gonna hurt you so do what you want and ditch the class if you feel like it's so gimped.

Deleted
    As a arms warrior I know RNG - but usually in the end of a fight my dps still isn't "bad" even if I had poor luck.
    It's all about doing it right, knowing what to do, also with bad RNG. Figure that out and things will still be good.

Also.. I don't know if you have the wrong secondary stats on your druide, you only mention ilvl- which shows nothing about your knowledge.

Deleted
    Refreshing rip slightly earlier and pooling your energy beforehand will increase the number of combo generators you're able to execute while your rip is at a higher duration, thus increasing the duration of AB and directly increasing the uptime. If you put in any work doing research you'd know that, but judging from your response, I suppose you don't want any help. You'll get what you put in. There's a reason why there are tons of players with consistently good parses. Your excuse of "rng isn't ever on my side" is only gonna hurt you so do what you want and ditch the class if you feel like it's so gimped.
    I know how the class works and saying "oh, just pool more, ur dps will go way up" is not helping at all. Pooling does NOTHING for the fact that I get ONE proc in the whole fight, it just increases the uptime by causing longer procs.

The whole point is that I have played feral for months now and manage to beat my own performance with an alt that I haven't touched for weeks and that has way inferior stats.

Yeah, this was one of the really bad parses (they happen like every 10 pulls or so) but that has nothing to do with my rotation or resource management. If you can find anything I did wrong in that log I'd be really happy to see it because I can't find it myself.

Is there any other spec in game that can lose 10% of their DPS just because they didn't proc some passive?

HOW is my DH dealing more dps than my main that I have played since Legion came out on a SINGLE TARGET FIGHT?

Something seriously needs to change..
    DH got a ST buff, is easier to play and less punishing compared to Feral.
    DH is getting nerfed next reset.

There will most likely be more class tuning before Mythic NH opens.

I wouldn't really stare at ilvl bracket 5 days after patch came out when there is total of 160 logs recorded for feral druids.
    Don't make excuses. 14th percentile is well below average. By item ilvl gives a somewhat more accurate representation of a person's skill level. Sure you can argue it varies by up to 20% based on AP levels and legendaries but it's a better indicator of skill level for farm content than overall.

In 7.0/7.1 you were 90th percentile best and 73rd percentile median for Heroic ToV. You were 86th percentile best and 67th percentile median for Heroic EN. Hardly anything to write home about.

Deleted
    In 7.0/7.1 you were 90th percentile best and 73rd percentile median for Heroic ToV. You were 86th percentile best and 67th percentile median for Heroic EN. Hardly anything to write home about.

Think you were looking at the wrong server or messed up the versions.

I know how the class works and saying "oh, just pool more, ur dps will go way up" is not helping at all. Pooling does NOTHING for the fact that I get ONE proc in the whole fight, it just increases the uptime by causing longer procs.

The whole point is that I have played feral for months now and manage to beat my own performance with an alt that I haven't touched for weeks and that has way inferior stats.

Yeah, this was one of the really bad parses (they happen like every 10 pulls or so) but that has nothing to do with my rotation or resource management. If you can find anything I did wrong in that log I'd be really happy to see it because I can't find it myself.

Is there any other spec in game that can lose 10% of their DPS just because they didn't proc some passive?
    I'm no longer going to try to convince you of anything, but you really need to get off your little pedestal and realize that you might actually be wrong in your understanding of the class. Have you ever considered this? "Hey my DPS is really low compared to a large majority of people with my build, I wonder what I'm doing wrong?" instead of "this class sucks because I did bad". I suggest you reread what I said and piece that together in your head so that it actually makes sense to you. Good luck with your feral adventures if you continue though, I'd highly recommend you do some further research.

2 min fight, which means the DH had more cooldown uptime, that simple. The longer a fight goes on, the least dps a DH does. I start off mythic Odyn doing 1.3m or so, end below 400k.
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2017-01-16 at 05:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangymew View Post
    Let me just swap to boomy, oh wait there's this thing in legion called the Legendary system which severly hurts you when swapping to another spec. There, done.
    Or since you should now be at AK25 you can just farm your world AP quests for a week and have a weapon at 34 traits. 35 if you want to really push it and find a Maw farm and all that.

Saying your artifact weapon is holding you back at this point in the game is just silly. Any alt should have AK20 immediately on hitting level 110 and completing your world quests to unlock your 3rd relic slot will now have you with at least 2 gold dragon traits if not all three well before you get your 3rd relic.

Legion is now, more than any other time in WoW history - truly a choose your grind.

If you've got an artifact that's deeply lagging compared to your others it's because you made that choice and it's pretty damned easy to catch up.

Deleted
    I'm no longer going to try to convince you of anything, but you really need to get off your little pedestal and realize that you might actually be wrong in your understanding of the class.
    Yeah, I don't understand how people "consistently avoid abysmal RNG with crit / AB procs" by "playing good"

Have you ever considered this? "Hey my DPS is really low compared to a large majority of people with my build, I wonder what I'm doing wrong?" instead of "this class sucks because I did bad".
    I consider that every time I open combat log and see 5 ticks from AB in 3 minute fight.

I suggest you reread what I said and piece that together in your head so that it actually makes sense to you. Good luck with your feral adventures if you continue though, I'd highly recommend you do some further research.
    You said "pool more" and I gave you proof of someone dealing 150k more dps with exact same energy management. If you don't even bother looking at that idk. I never said I hate playing feral, all I'm saying is that there shouldn't be such a major difference in performance based on RNG.

Think you were looking at the wrong server or messed up the versions.
    No I was looking at the "By item level" ranks which are as stated a more accurate representation of a players skill level. What it infers that your all item level parses are high is that you're over gearing content and getting good parses compared to people that are lower geared than you but that your skill level isn't as high as someone that consistently ranks high in both measures.

Feral is a hard spec to play. DHs are faceroll with a very low skill cap.
    Last edited by PowerGamez; 2017-01-16 at 06:26 AM.

Deleted
    No I was looking at the "By item level" ranks which are as stated a more accurate representation of a players skill level. What it infers that your all item level parses are high is that you're over gearing content and getting good parses compared to people that are lower geared than you but that your skill level isn't as high as someone that consistently ranks high in both measures.
    I'm not trying to be best feral in the world but if you set them to 890-892 ilvl bracket there basically is 150 feral druids in world with that ilvl. If you get 67% of those that means there is less than 100 ferals above you in the whole world. And you are saying that is bad? o_o Keep in mind that I don't have BiS legendaries or 54 traits yet.

I'm not trying to be best feral in the world but if you set them to 890-892 ilvl bracket there basically is 150 feral druids in world with that ilvl. If you get 67% of those that means there is less than 100 ferals above you in the whole world. And you are saying that is bad? o_o Keep in mind that I don't have BiS legendaries or 54 traits yet.
    It's all relative and the fact that it's only 155 parses is negligible. Taking your median by ilvl rank for 7.0/7.1 you're better than 70% of the player base or 20% above average. This is good but it means there's still a lot of room for error in your playstyle.

This error amount varies significantly for feral given how complex and unforgiven the rotation is compared to some other classes. My point is that if you want to complain about how OP DH are compared to feral - link 2 comparative logs with similar performance by all item levels or by the same bracket e.g. Guarm Heroic 95th percentile - DH @ 566K, Feral @ 513K.

Then you can go "rawr rawr rawr fuck DH they are OP, 10% higher than a so called "single target class", blizz why u no kitty?!, blizz pls fix!".

Coming from someone who plays a druid (@ 97th percentile btw), a mage and a DH - DH are by far the easiest out of those 3 classes. Especially when it comes to mythic + dungeons. Playing a DH feels like cheating.

Sure, there is nothing wrong with spec when difference between god parse and trash parse is based on your Ashmane's Bite procs
    That's just straight up false. Implying that AB RNG is what makes or breaks your parses is just you looking for an excuse for terrible play, nothing more. There's a reason the good Ferals consistently get good ranks, and it's not because they always get lucky with AB.

- - - Updated - - -

The difference between 1 proc and 5 procs is not going to somehow make your rank jump up massively. Feral is very consistent compared to nearly every other spec in the entire game.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't make excuses. 14th percentile is well below average. By item ilvl gives a somewhat more accurate representation of a person's skill level. Sure you can argue it varies by up to 20% based on AP levels and legendaries but it's a better indicator of skill level for farm content than overall.

No, ilevel bracket is utterly worthless because it gets skewed by a ton of stuff like which specific pieces are high ilevel(you could have 3 high ilevel Rake relics, 895 EoC and 895 CT and trash gear in the rest of your slots and outperform somebody else with the same average ilevel who has exactly the average ilevel in every slot purely due to gear), what matters is your overall rank.

AB makes the difference between a top10 and a rank1 parse, sure, but it's not something that bounces you wildly between 20th and 99th percentile on its own.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2017-01-16 at 07:07 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    No, ilevel bracket is utterly worthless because it gets skewed by a ton of stuff like which specific pieces are high ilevel(you could have 3 high ilevel Rake relics, 895 EoC and 895 CT and trash gear in the rest of your slots and outperform somebody else with the same average ilevel who has exactly the average ilevel in every slot purely due to gear), what matters is your overall rank
    Vert hard for someone who got 870 and 32traits(an example) to compete with those who got 895 and 54 traits. Thats what skewed is. Sure what you say is true for those with 895+ and high rank of traits, to compare with the best but for lower level rankings per ilvl is the way to go.

Its not all black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Vert hard for someone who got 870 and 32traits(an example) to compete with those who got 895 and 54 traits. Thats what skewed is. Sure what you say is true for those with 895+ and high rank of traits, to compare with the best but for lower level rankings per ilvl is the way to go.

Its not all black and white.
    Even then you should go by the overall rankings and just be realistic for how high you can go. Sure, ilevel ranks can give you some idea, but seeing that you get 100th percentile ilevel doesn't necessarily mean you're playing perfectly by any means(especially if your ilevel is very low compared to the rest of your raid, because that means you get much faster kill times than people in full raids with lower average ilevel). So use some combination of the 2, but I'd heavily lean towards the overall percentile.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU