Page 67 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Wasn't Meta supposed to get 30% base leech? Or was it scrapped in the very last moment?
    Only Havoc, their SR was 100% leech and now its 70% and the other 30% is baseline.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Only Havoc, their SR was 100% leech and now its 70% and the other 30% is baseline.
    Bummer. I was hoping for taking something else then SR

Deleted
    Hi guys ,

My guild does only normal and heroic versions of raids as we dont have the numbers for mythic. So i chose for Soul Barrier ( or should i go LR ? )
    If i choose SB , should i use it on cooldown or at max fragments ?

Also should i use the auto blocker instead of my Three toad rabbit food ( titanforged 860 1421 agi , 1021 haste ) ?

Set
    Last edited by mmoc3d1fb8b822; 2017-01-11 at 12:23 PM.

Deleted
    Hey guys, do you think i should use SB for MM+10 and more, or stick with LR ?

I felt a lot smoother last night in Mythic HOV as a VDH cant wait for tier and the ability to get them Demon Spikes higher uptime

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Felpain/simple

Feel like i need to get some better trinkets but dont want to drop the gold on the card and nothing else is dropping for me

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Bummer. I was hoping for taking something else then SR
    You get double armor now as well as every shear making orbs. You probably won't need SR anyways.

I tried out quite a few new talents last night during my Mythic clears and probably had some of the most fun with Vengeance so far this expansion. I hadn't used Fracture before, so it was a little odd trying to manage pain correctly between Fractures and Soul Cleaves having never really had to think about it before.

Dropping Last Resort for Soul Barrier on Mythic Guarm felt great. Having a full Barrier for every other Flashing Fang made it feel like he wasn't even hitting me, and not feeling like I'd ever need an external to help out with the damage was a nice change of pace. I even managed to take quite a bit less damage than our Paladin somehow.

I'm really looking forward to getting used to the new options available and going into Nighthold in a much better place.

This may be an extremely dumb question, but do soul fragments have a hard cap of 5 now? Previously I would rarely see 6 pop up on Soul Cleave, but now since 7.1.5 and with the changes to Shear -> Sever, I frequently find myself in a situation where I shoot up to 5 available, but subsequent Severs seem to just despawn one and replace it.

Not sure if this has always been the case and I've just never noticed it, or if it's new. Seems silly though.

The difference there seems to be about major and minor fragments. Minor Fragments (the ones generated by abilities) cap at 5 and always have. Major Fragments (the ones generated by getting the killing blow on a target) don't interact with this cap, though they may have a cap of their own.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orloth View Post
    The difference there seems to be about major and minor fragments. Minor Fragments (the ones generated by abilities) cap at 5 and always have. Major Fragments (the ones generated by getting the killing blow on a target) don't interact with this cap, though they may have a cap of their own.
    Not exactly; minor fragments generated by Fallout bypass the cap (at least they did in 7.1, haven't bothered to check since the patch) and allow you to have 10+ fragments.

Makes sense, I guess it's just more noticeable now because the generation seems high/odd with the new changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    Not exactly; minor fragments generated by Fallout bypass the cap (at least they did in 7.1, haven't bothered to check since the patch) and allow you to have 10+ fragments.
    I have never noticed this to be the case, but I could be wrong.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    They still do.

Deleted
    Sever (Shear replacement) should probably get its damage increased by Shear modifiers in the artifact. It's supposed to deal what, 20% more damage than shear? Right now it feels a bit underwhelming since Shear has the +9% at all times which means Sever is barely 10% ahead in reality, even less if you have Shear relics. I barely feel the difference between Sever and Shear tbh. Soul Fragment aside ofc.

either way, I like Spirit Bomb more than my ptr tests let me initially think. Obviously FD is still better from a dps perspective on a pure dummy scenario but spirit bomb's range by itself makes it a more viable option than I thought when it comes to more realistic scenarios, its DPET isn't too bad on AoE scenarios, and it has pretty great radius (allows me to hit more targets more easily in quite a few scenarios ie: spaced out Helya blobs in p1). And it makes me feel a bit less bad about spamming fracture like a monkey. I mean I'm healing through the 20% leech, right? r-right?

Also I got lucky and got new gloves from the saved up emissary caches, and it feels like they turn Flame Crash/Fel Eruption into a more or less dps neutral choice (talking single-target obv, since aoe is a no-brainer). I suppose sims would be needed to figure that one out precisely, If FE was affected by Razor Spikes that wouldn't be the case but..!

Overall I like the flexibility of our current builds more, but it's just the beginning of the patch so I'm sure things will settle down. It plays pretty fine regardless of talent choice for the most part, although range on souls should probably be extended some more, and the 5-cap on souls and painbringer is quickly becoming tiring even after only a day. Not sure why they even need a cap that low anyway. 5 is attainable way too easily for it to be the cap.

Painbringer nerf to 5-max stack only never made sense anyway. I mean, obviously, something had to be done about damage immunity from painbringer (lul), but a hard cap wasn't the solution. It should have worked like Ignite, Shadow of Death, etc. instead.

Also, Spirit Bomb is also extremely annoying to play whenever you have to stick to narrow corridors and corners (Maw of Souls right after first boss is just ughhhhh). How the fuck am I supposed to plan anything when half my fragments end up randomly spawning on my feet and being instantly consumed?
    Last edited by mmocf2aa074f10; 2017-01-12 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Sever (Shear replacement) should probably get its damage increased by Shear modifiers in the artifact. It's supposed to deal what, 20% more damage than shear? Right now it feels a bit underwhelming since Shear has the +9% at all times which means Sever is barely 10% ahead in reality, even less if you have Shear relics. I barely feel the difference between Sever and Shear tbh. Soul Fragment aside ofc.
    Does it not? That seems like a huge oversight. Looking at my logs from Tuesday it does seem like it's only roughly 10-15% ahead (13% on average), definitely not as listed.

The soul cap is especially frustrating to me as there seems to be some delay on the spawn/despawn/respawn as well. Sometimes I'm going from 1 to 5 in a GCD for no apparent reason, or when I Sever as I hit 5, it just despawns 2-3 but takes more than a GCD for the new ones to 'land'. It's really bizarre and I can't quite get a handle on it.

Realistically it feels like Soul Cleave should have a cap on what it can absorb, not a cap on the number of fragments that can be present. Ultimately would be the same end result in the vast majority of cases without the frustration.

EDIT: Additionally Spirit Bomb feels a bit frustrating with the cap. If Soul Cleave/Barrier only took 5 and I could utilize extra souls for Spirit Bomb, it'd be great, but with the cap it's starting to feel like an early version of Combo Points or Chi with no real control.
    Last edited by Nahela; 2017-01-12 at 03:58 PM.

With the reduction in pain cost of Fracture, is it still a gain to cast Sigil of Flame on a single target outside of Fiery Brand?

Just compare single cast worth of damage output..?
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Quote Originally Posted by redfella View Post
    Just compare single cast worth of damage output..?
    Well, Sigil of Flame is of course better than the direct damage from Shear itself. The value of the 10 pain from Shear went up a lot though (it's half a Fracture, as opposed to a fourth) which is why I asked the question ~

I suppose you also have to take Razor Spikes into account somehow as well.

(And I don't think you can test in-game outside of a raid because of issues with armor?)
    Last edited by Anahita; 2017-01-12 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anahita View Post
    (And I don't think you can test in-game outside of a raid because of issues with armor?)
    Raid dummies should have appropriate stats

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are you sure they cap at 5? I often get up to 6.

Also, before Patch I felt immortal. After patch I feel extremely broken. It's stupid how strong I am as Veng now.