Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    If you are not paying your workers enough to not need handouts, they will STILL get handouts.

The money exists.

If YOU don't have the money to pay people enough to not need handouts, you shouldn't be allowed to employ people.

Only people who are able to pay their workers enough to not need handouts should be employing people.

The rest of us need to be workers.
    I think the previous poster was spot on describing you.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I think the previous poster was spot on describing you.
    And why is that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    To be fair, they only want to ban part-time work for anyone who might actually need it. Those of us who are just using it for hookers and blow can still have part-time jobs.
    If you need full time work in order to not need hand outs, that is what employers must offer you instead of part time.

If you only need part time work in order to not need hand outs, then employers may offer it to you instead of full time.

No one should be refused employment over someone who already has no need for employment.
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-01-16 at 05:51 AM.

This just goes to show how petty and pedantic nerds are, and why half of you if not more will die being virgins. The avg person probably spends more than 20% of their food money on junk food. So the problem here is what exactly? Not to mention fast food is cheap, so it makes perfect sense for poor people to buy cheap food. Again, what is the problem with this?

Poor people spend 1/5 of the food stamp money on cheap food. Who would have thought? Should have been closer to 40%.
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2017-01-16 at 05:50 AM.

And why is that?

- - - Updated - - -

If you need full time work in order to not need hand outs, that is what employers must offer you instead of part time.

If you only need part time work in order to not need hand outs, then employers may offer it to you instead of full time.
    And who is going to police this? The honesty brigade?

What if someone wants a full time job to buy a lot of hookers and a lot of blow?

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Healthy food is more expensive.

Two, who the hell cares? It is that important to regulate what people in poverty eat? Is it going to prevent them from having a job if they buy a soda?
    considering its payed for by taxpayers, I CARE. especially since this country has a large obesity problem.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    considering its payed for by taxpayers, I CARE. especially since this country has a large obesity problem.
    You do know poor people pay taxes too right?

And who is going to police this? The honesty brigade?

What if someone wants a full time job to buy a lot of hookers and a lot of blow?
    People are free to spend what they earn on what they want. It's easy to determine a wage that will cover what they need. The military does it, and it's how they pay their personnel. If it's not spent on what they need, that is their own fault and out of the employers hands at that point. Employers should not be allowed to hire anyone that is not in need over those who are in need.

- - - Updated - - -

This is still just a really stupid and unworkable policy.
    The USA military does it, and it's how they pay their personnel. It's been a working model for a very long time in the USA.

Employers should not be allowed to hire anyone that is not in need over those who are in need..
    blahahaha.

Ya'll have fun with this guy. ^

blahahaha.

found the rich guy ^

blahahaha.

I mean, I gave up on that Tota in the last thread about caloric intake and shit. Weird ideas man. Weird ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I mean, I gave up on that Tota in the last thread about caloric intake and shit. Weird ideas man. Weird ideas.
    Apparently I'm rich. :O

The military is not a business and both contracts employees and then practically owns them. Having said that, I'm not convinced you're accurately describing the functioning of the US military with regards to employment and wages.
    I was raised by a military father who taught me to take care of his finances and have been married to a military man for 10 years now and have taken care of his finances the whole time.

They base their pay on "cost of living" at each base. DC for example has a higher cost of living then SA, so they pay people assigned to the bases in DC more then they do people assigned to bases in SA. Even entry positions in the military pay the minimum required to not need any handouts.

the military practically owns its employees and is more or less entirely responsible for their welfare.
    As should businesses. If they can't afford to be responsible for their employees welfare, they shouldn't be allowed to hire any.

Train your employees to serve the business interests. Educate them to know the business. Stop treating employees like a wet paper towel you toss when it's used up and treat them like a human being.
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-01-16 at 06:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    You do know poor people pay taxes too right?
    lol you must be joking...the poverty line is there to HELP people who dont have the money. so NO, poor people DONT pay more (even percentage wise) than people above the poverty line.

I was raised by a military father who taught me to take care of his finances and have been married to a military man for 10 years now and have taken care of his finances the whole time.

They base their pay on "cost of living" at each base. DC for example has a higher cost of living then SA, so they pay people assigned to the bases in DC more then they do people assigned to bases in SA. Even entry positions in the military pay the minimum required to not need any handouts.
    This context actually does help understand why you're not really familiar with why employers don't actually always have infinite money to dole out as they please.

Not intended as an indictment of soldiers, but if that's all you've ever known and you're kind of sheltered and narrow-minded, I can see how this sort of mindset could set in.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    why employers don't actually always have infinite money
    It doesn't matter why.

What matters is if they don't have enough to pay employees to not need handouts, they don't get to be employers and should only be an employee.

It doesn't matter why. What matters is if they don't have enough to pay employees to not need handouts, they don't get to be employers.
    Spoken with the clarion authority of someone who has no idea what the purpose of starting a business is in the first place or what goes into operating one.

OK, well you have fun endlessly repeating yourself and ensuring the conversation goes abso-fucking-lutely nowhere. Your theory on part-time labor regulation is still completely unworkable and unreasonable and nothing you've said 600 times does anything to change that.
    The military doesn't have part time employees. Business can do the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Spoken with the clarion authority of someone who has no idea what the purpose of starting a business is in the first place or what goes into operating one.
    The purpose of a business is to manage a service.

If you are unable to do that while ensuring your employees don't need handouts, you shouldn't be running a business and should instead be an employee.
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-01-16 at 06:19 AM.

The purpose of a business is to manage a service.

If you are unable to do that while ensuring your employees don't need handouts, you shouldn't be running a business and should instead be an employee.
    The purpose of a business is to provide a livelihood for those who created it. People start a business, be it a quarter laundry or a non-profit philanthropy, so they can do that and live off it instead of going to work for someone else. If you don't understand that first and above all else, you'll never have anything useful to say on the matter. The only reason a business owner employs other people at all is if or because they can't do everything themselves or just don't want to. The jobs, though, belong entirely and exclusively to the employer, and their value, their only value on the market place, is what that employer is willing to pay someone else to do it.

They are poor and want a pick me up feel better junk food, honestly don't blame them, it's not like a 40% or anything higher..