Quote Originally Posted by BestGerryAu View Post
    I received the trinket on the weekly m+ chest after the patch and i also have the belt. Solo heal mythic illgy with sac inc?
    velen's on-use doesn't work with OH from AoSac (unless it got changed like the last week of ptr)

Deleted

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Bullrog View Post
    Given how stacked a lot of the fights are looking to be in NH I reckon mastery will be best once you get to 45% crit.
    Assuming you mean Crit up to 45% > Mastery > Versa > Haste ?

So with the new stat weights in the spreadsheet above, I can drop from 39% to 34% crit and supposedly net just shy of 1% upgrade. This doesn't seem overly right to me, what does everyone think? I've tried for ages to get my crit as high as I can, just to drop it down again and go up 2 ilvls to 884

My armory currently has a mid point between gear so am sat at 36% but haven't had a chance to play with it like that yet.
    Last edited by Taiina; 2017-01-12 at 02:13 PM.
    Midandorie --> Woodzy
    110 DH/Warr/Monk/Sham/Hunter/Lock neglected
    EU - Slightly Salted (6/8H) - Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by hothamandcheese123 View Post
    Naw, you'd still want Trained Soldier since it's static 600 mastery.
    What about Ancient Priestess? It got a significant buff, even though it seems to be scaling with haste which isn't helpful.

Damn Prydaz is doing a lot more for me on the meters. 7% of my healing most of the time, sometimes even going higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Damn Prydaz is doing a lot more for me on the meters. 7% of my healing most of the time, sometimes even going higher.
    I didn't know the shield counted as healing, interesting! Mine is nearly a 900k shield

Quote Originally Posted by Timadin View Post
    I didn't know the shield counted as healing, interesting! Mine is nearly a 900k shield
    Yeah it does, pretty sweet. Allows for some LoTM usage as well if you don't need it for incoming damage. It's pretty damn useful imo.

Quote Originally Posted by MCC View Post
    If I remember correctly, the haste/crit enchant still doesn't proc from heals.
    It does work with heals, and the proc is rather significant, it procs alot.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    What about Ancient Priestess? It got a significant buff, even though it seems to be scaling with haste which isn't helpful.
    Did some testing in a normal ToV PUG.

* It procs off healing effects, not spells (which means it procs off JoL).
    * The number in the enchant tooltip seems to be the minimum amount: in my case anywhere between 192K (the tooltip amount) and 245K.
    * The heal can crit.
    * The heal seems to be semi-smart: it prefers damaged players, but can heal players with zero health deficit too. In general, overhealing seems to be reasonably low.
    * There is no ICD. I had back-to-back procs.
    * Proc chance is fairly low, and the amount of healing it does over the course of a fight is highly variable. I got 2.2% on Odyn (overall: 83M), 1.0% on Guarm (overall: 117M) and 2.6% on Helya (overall: 96M). Around 2% seems to be the norm, though.
    * At my gear level, the mastery enchant increases my healing by about 1.6%, give or take, which means Ancient Priestess is slightly better but more RNG-prone.

Pyrdaz yields higher numbers then shoulders now from what I can see, depending on the fight.

Shoulders still beat it just in a utility standpoint though.

Quote Originally Posted by HPLathus View Post
    Pyrdaz yields higher numbers then shoulders now from what I can see, depending on the fight.

I think I actually prefer the neck over the shoulders tbh. The stats are good, the shield can help so much on progression with either throughput (LoTM Spam, can get a lot off with a 900k absorb shield) or it can help with survival.

The shoulders however require you to take damage for it to be useful in terms of throughput.

Maybe I'm wrong but the neck just feels more useful. It does 8-11% of my healing (whereas the shoulders do 4-6% maximum) depending on how long the fight goes and I can use it to absorb heavy incoming damage or LoTM usage. Plus the stats.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HPLathus View Post

Shoulders are so overrated it's hilarious. What utility are you talking about? Sniping your own beacon heal (already high overheal) and hots that are on the tanks anyway? I would wager that neck is better now in pretty much every scenario (better/higher stats on top even).

Also please don't use lotm cause of neck, the shield gets eaten up by normal mechanics on pretty much every encounter (so it doesn't change the viability/efficiency of lotm).
    Last edited by mmocf9c4bcbfba; 2017-01-15 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koenigstiger View Post
    Shoulders are so overrated it's hilarious. What utility are you talking about? Sniping your own beacon heal (already high overheal) and hots that are on the tanks anyway? I would wager that neck is better now in pretty much every scenario (better/higher stats on top even).

Also please don't use lotm cause of neck, the shield gets eaten up by normal mechanics on pretty much every encounter (so it doesn't change the viability/efficiency of lotm).
    Not really. There's a ton of avoidable damage and the neck absorbs almost 1 mil damage. It's fairly easy to get 1-2 LoTMs off without eating up half of the shield. This is what I do for attempted parsing though not progression.

On progression though I wouldn't use LoTM with the shield unless absolutely necessary. I use the shield so I can have some room for error just in case.

My point was the neck imo provides more throughput then the shoulders ever do/will. Just from the absorb it does 8-11% of my healing and then add free LoTMs into that and it's way way way better imo.

I could easily be wrong, but it really doesn't feel that way. I've gotten way more benefit from the neck during both progression and farming than I have from the shoulders.

Shoulders require you to take damage/snipe your beacon while the neck can easily save you during progression without having a prerequisite of taking damage, it has better stats and it provides more throughput then the shoulders from what I've seen.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2017-01-15 at 04:07 AM.

Deleted
    Not really. There's a ton of avoidable damage and the neck absorbs almost 1 mil damage. It's fairly easy to get 1-2 LoTMs off without eating up half of the shield. This is what I do for attempted parsing though not progression.
    It's not about avoidable damage, that's irrelevant. It's about unavoidable damage. Except for renferal and encounter start (literally the first shield) on some others, the shield gets eaten up by unavoidable damage in 9 out 10 cases. Go ahead spam lotm if you want to but neither neck nor shoulders justify that or make it any less terrible.

Also even if it would be true (which again it's not) you would be better off using shoulders and fol for parsing anyway (since naturally good hps of fol combined with shoulders easily beat neck-subsidized lotm overall).
    Last edited by mmocf9c4bcbfba; 2017-01-15 at 07:44 AM.

It's not about avoidable damage, that's irrelevant. It's about unavoidable damage. Except for renferal and encounter start (literally the first shield) on some others, the shield gets eaten up by unavoidable damage in 9 out 10 cases. Go ahead spam lotm if you want to but neither neck nor shoulders justify that or make it any less terrible.

Also even if it would be true (which again it's not) you would be better off using shoulders and fol for parsing anyway (since naturally good hps of fol combined with shoulders easily beat neck-subsidized lotm overall).
    Eh guess so, I just prefer the neck a bit more. Not saying the shoulders aren't good or anything like that, just saying I feel a bit better with the neck on progression.

Eh guess so, I just prefer the neck a bit more. Not saying the shoulders aren't good or anything like that, just saying I feel a bit better with the neck on progression.
    the neck is miles better. what he's saying is your argument of "lul i can spam lotm more" is dumb because lotm is a fucking horrible spell - even with the cloak it's awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    the neck is miles better. what he's saying is your argument of "lul i can spam lotm more" is dumb because lotm is a fucking horrible spell - even with the cloak it's awful.
    If it didn't do the self-damage it would be an amazing spell. So if what it does is just consume a shield that wouldn't otherwise have been consumed then in that situation it kind of is.

I was never a fan of the shoulders. I am glad they are moving away from BIS.

Looking over the new spreadsheet for 7.1.5 why is it valuing haste as .82 for the weight over both mastery and versa? I'm also seeing leach as being valued over intellect. Did I miss something here along the way? I mean I'm currently sitting at 39.54 % crit unbuffed so it's still valuing crit as .94 for me but why did haste get put up above the other two?

Quote Originally Posted by Yurimeta View Post
    Looking over the new spreadsheet for 7.1.5 why is it valuing haste as .82 for the weight over both mastery and versa? I'm also seeing leach as being valued over intellect. Did I miss something here along the way? I mean I'm currently sitting at 39.54 % crit unbuffed so it's still valuing crit as .94 for me but why did haste get put up above the other two?
    Haste isnt bad for HPS, it is just that it makes us use way more mana. Because other stats do not have this problem, we prefer them quite a bit.

Leech has been a great stat all expansion. I run 8-10% leech and it does anywhere from 8-15% of my healing depending on the fight. Aura of Sac makes leech surprisingly valuable because we are topped off less often then you might expect.