Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    If you sort by max percentiles, which is the best ranks, hunters don't really do bad, neither do mages, middle of the pack.

The problem is all the shitty players dragging the average down, and sadly enough there's 10x more of those than good players.
    Yes, not having the BL ring and pyro bracers means you're shitty. It's not bad design.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adudu View Post
    IT can be yes. Some will argue that "those are the best players" but the reality is that most of that bracket is people playing cheesy strats and extremely sensitive to variance. The best kills don't always tend to be the best executed, but the ones where a lot of luck and good procs appear. Like a mage getting several flamewreaths into the stacked small adds on Helya.
    It's a mixture of cheesy strats and RNG.

How does that make it "can be"? 95th percentile IS a bad representation of class power

Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    Killed both Helya Mythic and EN Mythic farm last night, found my damage (fire) to be very acceptable, no real complaints. I do have the Ring, Belt and Helm to switch around as needed however, I can imagine fire mages with trash legendaries suffering somewhat.
    No numbers, no facts, just your gut feelings.. IT. IS. NOT. HELPING!

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanines View Post
    I indeed do realize that, I'm not a complete idiot. But is or is TW NOT a form of utility, whilst still as a class currently doing shit more dps than hunters, and also having an immunity? Only other class is shaman, which not every guild has, I've never seen a guild that didn't have at least 1 mage.
    My point was you made a comment about utility mages have and then complained that all the utility hunters have can be covered by class. The same applies to mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Adudu View Post
    Yes, not having the BL ring and pyro bracers means you're shitty. It's not bad design.
    the fact that those 2 legendaries arent good going into nighthold or tov means you dont understand how to utilize the changes fact is we arent top tier anymore we are in the middle without "db helm" u will suffer slightly in NH, getting top 90% isnt hard its just getting 99% without a dps legendary

Quote Originally Posted by Difuid View Post
    No numbers, no facts, just your gut feelings.. IT. IS. NOT. HELPING!
    Actually this is the feedback Blizzards wants. Not numbers, not facts, just feelings. Just like IRL America.

They didn't just nerf hunter, they also destroyed the entire MM concept and its gameplay, which is now absolutely terrible to play, by far the worst rotation i have experienced in gaming as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    If you sort by max percentiles, which is the best ranks, hunters don't really do bad, neither do mages, middle of the pack.

The problem is all the shitty players dragging the average down, and sadly enough there's 10x more of those than good players.
    Bullshit, 38k MM parses vs 35k Spriest parses, you are like saying theres not enough shit shadow priests even if blizz admitted that getting insane numbers requires the most skill and only a few players can pull that.

Deleted
    Are we playing the same game? Mages are OK, some other classes are too high. And having all 3 specs balanced gives us great versatility to switch for bosses which is something every raid leader is looking for. Just try to improve a bit - it might not be "mage" issues, because fire is in much better state then before and arcane currently on the same level as fire (and for those few fans there is viable frost ofc ).

Quote Originally Posted by Zensine View Post
    the fact that those 2 legendaries arent good going into nighthold or tov means you dont understand how to utilize the changes fact is we arent top tier anymore we are in the middle without "db helm" u will suffer slightly in NH, getting top 90% isnt hard its just getting 99% without a dps legendary
    Your post is a bit weird. The ring is going to be a solid dps increase on quite a few bosses in Nighthold.
    And the bracers are still a 50-60k dps increase.

Legendaries make or break mages, it does not take much research in logs to learn this. You'll see that in the top 500 of all mages, all of them have BiS legendaries and then the rankings make their way to non-BiS dps legendaries and all the way at the end you will see mages with 0 dps legendaries.

Just look at Guarm and exclude the Wrist/Koralons/Shard legendaries.

Helya Mythic is a great example that I am also familiar with as someone mentioned earlier. Every single minute I lose 10.000.000 damage to mages with the DB headpiece. Once the first phase is over (3min) I am 30.000.000 dmg behind and then the real AoE fest begins. There is no competing with that, there simply isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestraza View Post
    Helya Mythic is a great example that I am also familiar with as someone mentioned earlier. Every single minute I lose 10.000.000 damage to mages with the DB headpiece. Once the first phase is over (3min) I am 30.000.000 dmg behind and then the real AoE fest begins. There is no competing with that, there simply isn't.
    Your numbers are "a little bit" off, don't you think? Since the highest parced fire mage (with DB headpiece) has less than 50mio damage with Dragon's Breath.. Top 7, 8 and 10 since 7.1.5 don't even have the headpiece.. So it seems it's possible to do fine on AoE even without DB helmet. And yes, it's just way harder.

But for ST you're correct. Without either ring, Koralon's or bracers (or a combination of them) it's impossible for a fire mage to get into top 100+.
    Last edited by Rylalai; 2017-01-16 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rylalai View Post
    Your numbers are "a little bit" off, don't you think? Since the highest parced fire mage (with DB headpiece) has less than 50mio damage with Dragon's Breath.. Top 7, 8 and 10 since 7.1.5 don't even have the headpiece.. So it seems it's possible to do fine on AoE even without DB helmet. And yes, it's just way harder.

But for ST you're correct. Without either ring, Koralon's or bracers (or a combination of them) it's impossible for a fire mage to get into top 100+.
    I was comparing them to someone with 0 dps legendaries in phase 1.
    Even in phase 1 those top mages are getting rekt on every wave of slime damage by mages with DB.

They only reason they keep up or turn out on top is due to phase 2 assignments (AoE/LB) on adds and the fact they still have 2 other dps legendaries to compensate.

Deleted
    I was right (well.. i had no doubt about it )

Hunters were crying while it was possible to read in this topic "mages are fine".

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...e=7&dataset=95

Are these people still saying mages are fine ?

We are clearly the last DPS, every others DPS class have at least one spe dealing better than our 3 spe.

Deleted
    all item levels is not worth considering.
    have a look around Ilvl 880 to 890, you'll get better numbers.
    Fire is still doing good, probably because of people focusing on fire legendaries.

Stop cring out for nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by faguoren View Post
    all item levels is not worth considering.
    have a look around Ilvl 880 to 890, you'll get better numbers.
    Fire is still doing good, probably because of people focusing on fire legendaries.

Stop cring out for nothing.
    Who care about ilvl ? Are you still thinking that ilvl is meaning anything in world of titanforgedcraft ?

Deleted
    it is just something about having the perfect legendary set or not.
    Especially since you link a 95 percentile classification.

I play fire, I can tell you it sits in a pretty good spot at the moment. Especially if you have darckli's for aoe fights and the bracers for ST fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by faguoren View Post
    it is just something about having the perfect legendary set or not.
    Especially since you link a 95 percentile classification.

I play fire, I can tell you it sits in a pretty good spot at the moment. Especially if you have darckli's for aoe fights and the bracers for ST fight.
    Fire is good at AoE, but lets not pretend its actually good at ST fights, even if you have the bracers. In Nighthold Fire appears to be really good on 2 fights, mediocre on 1 and bad at the rest. Arcane and Frost are even worse.

Mages are not in a good spot right now when it comes to Nighthold. Not even Fire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    Fire is good at AoE, but lets not pretend its actually good at ST fights, even if you have the bracers. In Nighthold Fire appears to be really good on 2 fights, mediocre on 1 and bad at the rest. Arcane and Frost are even worse.

Mages are not in a good spot right now when it comes to Nighthold. Not even Fire.
    AoE is such high dmg that one AoE bossfight has more impact than 1 ST bossfight in stats. But Skorp is removed from the total overview so maybe that evens it out.

It's kinda ridiculous now.. mages are the new hunters.

Deleted
    I created this topic before it happened but too many people were thinking that mages were fine..
    If nobody is telling them (crying) that their balance is shit they won't realize it.

Its a fact.