Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    No he isn't and I never said there was nothing worth getting at launch. There is one game if your getting the system worth having.

Do fallow along and not put words in my mouth.
    The only game I ever see ANYONE saying is worth it isn't an Switch exclusive. And I've seen you repeatedly mock the lineup, what else am I suppose to take that as?

Done explained this over and over. Feel free to believe in whatever you wish but as it stands welcome to the rerun episode called "Wii-U's Launch" release.
    Except it at least has a single title worth getting, even if it's not an exclusive.

Also Joe for bonus points to prove this bullshit more wrong.

Lots of place's opened Pre-Orders at 3am and guess what some people have to work and can't stay up all night. So no due to limited stock not everyone who was seriously wanting one could get one. The fucken zelda collector edition sold out within mins of release.
    What part of me preordering the Switch at 3PM did you not get? You just proved absolutely nothing wrong.

And yeah, congratz, a collectors edition had a shortage. This is new and totally unique to Nintendo.

This song and dance has been done time and time again with Nintendo. But people like you will keep defending this shit to the death and people like me will be forced to buy shit from ebay (Majora's Mask 3DS) because Nintendo want's to limit stock.
    You have a very strange definition of forced.

So tired of people like you white knighting the shit out of Nintendo.
    White knighting is not pointing out that you're wrong that anyone could have preordered the Switch if they wanted. Personally I'm sick of seeing people just hate right now, but point that out and suddenly it's "What, we're not suppose to be critical?!" while trying to smash anyone that's possibly looking forward to it into the ground because "WHITE KNIGHTTTTT"
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2017-01-16 at 03:04 AM.

You was wrong about the leaks and you are wrong about this.
    how was i wrong about the leaks? a couple games havent been announced yet. everything about hardware has been proven true and a good amount of games have been confirmed.

hell emily rogers bingo card had a fucking arm on it.

and before the switch announcement obe1 had said nintendo was going to make us pay for online and he said there was a nintendo warriors game in development.

guess what game got announced, fire emblem warriors.

but sure, i was SO wrong :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    What part of me preordering the Switch at 3PM did you not get? You just proved absolutely nothing wrong.

And yeah, congratz, a collectors edition had a shortage. This is new and totally unique to Nintendo.
    to add to this, i preordered mine at 9 pm est friday, my gamestop had 2 left of the red and blue and 5 left of the basic grey.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Most young gamers don't have brand loyalty to Nintendo. They aren't going to be asking for the Switch (especially since it hasn't been marketed and this isn't a Holiday release).

Previously loyal fans were burnt on the Wii U and will be in one of two camps. They're either seeing a repeat of the Wii U launch (sparse launch year, weak hardware, etc.) or they're dedicate Nintendo fans who want to support the new console regardless.

IMO the latter are the minority. Kids and the ignorant public aren't going to care about the Switch. Most of those who know about it are going to remain cautious/skeptical after the Wii U. Only the truly dedicated are preordering, and I think Nintendo knows that, hence shipping less than half of the original Wii U numbers.

It's not going to be pretty. Nintendo has already said they view the Switch as a home console with some portability bonuses. So not even they have total faith in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Even the Wii U sold out at launch still, Nintendo restocked but they couldn't keep the deluxe units in stock until months later only the basics where ever on the shelves.
    I'm not sure about that. I bought a few extra Wii U Deluxe's for friends/family (I remembered going through hell helping them get Wii's so I didn't want to repeat that with the Wii U) who ended up not wanting them so I eventually returned them.

Notice I said I returned them. I actually thought about seeing if it'd be worth it to flip them and they weren't selling at all. When I returned them there were still plenty on the store shelves. Maybe it was a regional thing?

my man vinny got some good opinions

"so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

As a Nintendo fan I feel we'll end up getting Wii-U 2.0: a bunch of ports of already released games that *gasp* don't sell, publishers site this as a reason to bail, and do so.

However, perhaps they can do what they did with the 3DS and pull it back after a weak launch, and what I've seen shows me a weak launch. 3DS to me has been a fantastic system, and I've got plenty of use out of my Wii U as well.

White knighting is not pointing out that you're wrong that anyone could have preordered the Switch if they wanted. Personally I'm sick of seeing people just hate right now, but point that out and suddenly it's "What, we're not suppose to be critical?!" while trying to smash anyone that's possibly looking forward to it into the ground because "WHITE KNIGHTTTTT"
    Not once in this thread have I smashed anyone looking forward to it. If you was able to Pre-Order and your getting one I hope you enjoy the shit out of it.

You haven't pointed out I was wrong about shit, you on the other hand was 100% wrong about ANYONE being able to get it if they tried hard enough. Once again and maybe you will finally get it. They are shipping around 2 million systems WORLD WIDE. That alone shows that, No not anyone was able to get it if they tried hard enough. Even more when places in the US was doing Pre-Orders at 3 fucken am.

The ONLY place still taking Pre-Orders was Gamestop after a hour. Also lets talk about those outside the US who got fucked because Pre-Orders once again went live early in the morning.

There is this thing adults have called jobs and Nintendo's event was at a piss poor time because people was ether A) Sleeping B) going to work or C) coming home from work.

Who in the fuck holds a World Wide Event at 11PM EST and then open Pre-Orders soon after. If you stepped outside your bubble you would see this. So yes when you defend shit like that and make false claims like anyone could have gotten one if they tried hard enough. Then Yes I will call you a white knight because you are blind defending and you don't have a fucken clue about the topic at hand.

I do hope everyone who gets it enjoy's it and I have even stated I do still hope it does as well as the Wii if not better.

All current sign's point to no that won't happen because this is dam near a step for step repeat of the Wii-U.

Edit: Also ya anyone was able to get whole of this, if by anyone you mean the first 3-15 people who got to gamestop when the doors open. The gamestop down the street from me sold out within the hour..

Believe what you wish to believe.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    how was i wrong about the leaks? a couple games havent been announced yet. everything about hardware has been proven true and a good amount of games have been confirmed.
    You have been wrong about 90% of the leaks, Give it a fucken rest already. Anyone can say a not announced game is still coming...let me know when its announced.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-01-16 at 05:43 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Not once in this thread have I smashed anyone looking forward to it. If you was able to Pre-Order and your getting one I hope you enjoy the shit out of it.

You haven't pointed out I was wrong about shit, you on the other hand was 100% wrong about ANYONE being able to get it if they tried hard enough. Once again and maybe you will finally get it. They are shipping around 2 million systems WORLD WIDE. That alone shows that, No not anyone was able to get it if they tried hard enough. Even more when places in the US was doing Pre-Orders at 3 fucken am.
    Yet again. I preordered one pretty late in the day.

Immitis also did.

You're not proving anything about people not being able to, you're just assuming that 2 million units ARE going to sell right off the bat.

The ONLY place still taking Pre-Orders was Gamestop after a hour. Also lets talk about those outside the US who got fucked because Pre-Orders once again went live early in the morning.
    I don't see any complaints from anyone. Just assumptions.

There is this thing adults have called jobs and Nintendo's event was at a piss poor time because people was ether A) Sleeping B) going to work or C) coming home from work.
    Are you seriously stooping to ad hominems when I work 2 jobs?

Who in the fuck holds a World Wide Event at 11PM EST and then open Pre-Orders soon after. If you stepped outside your bubble you would see this. So yes when you defend shit like that and make false claims like anyone could have gotten one if they tried hard enough. Then Yes I will call you a white knight because you are blind defending and you don't have a fucken clue about the topic at hand.
    Ad hominems again. You're making a mountain out of a molehill with this without actually disproving that anyone who really wanted this would get it, while claiming I have no clue.

Please though, by all means, prove the huge issue where people are complaining that they weren't able to preorder it.

I do hope everyone who gets it enjoy's it and I have even stated I do still hope it does as well as the Wii if not better.
    This has absolutely nothing to do with you sitting there flinging "White knight" around like it proves something though.

Edit: Also ya anyone was able to get whole of this, if by anyone you mean the first 3-15 people who got to gamestop when the doors open. The gamestop down the street from me sold out within the hour..

Believe what you wish to believe.....
    Gamestop near me had 20 at the start. Had 10 left near the end of the day, and there's a Gamestop literally right down the road also taking preorders.

If someone literally stopped after going to one gamestop while having another one close by and didn't even bother to check, then yes, they didn't really want it.

Like I said there is no talking to people like you. Even more so when you seem to think every gamestop works like the ones near you and everyone lives in the same bubble you do.

Just white knight Nintendo and ignore reality its cool.

Remember guys if you didn't walk 100 miles you clearly didn't want one bad enough.....

For a mod I would expect you to have a little common sense but I guess not, feel free to infact me for saying that.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Like I said there is no talking to people like you. Even more so when you seem to think every gamestop works like the ones near you and everyone lives in the same bubble you do.

Just white knight Nintendo and ignore reality its cool.

Remember guys if you didn't walk 100 miles you clearly didn't want one bad enough.....

For a mod I would expect you to have a little common sense but I guess not, feel free to infact me for saying that.
    Just pointing out again.

You're making up situations, claiming they're fact, and dismissing my actual case. I'm not quite sure how you're going to claim I'm not using common sense.

Did you walk 100 miles and find out the stores were sold out? did you even try to preorder it? Do you know anyone who was up at the crack of dawn trying to pre-order it and failed?

But no, clearly it's white knighting, not pointing out that there isn't a high demand because most people are like you, and think the line up sucks and it's not worth getting.

You're making up situations, claiming they're fact, and dismissing my actual case. .
    No the funny thing is I'm not. I live in a apartment so the only way I'm getting it shipped out here is if I send it to someone elses house(Or I got a PO Box and I don't). Every gamestop around me was sold out within the hour of opening.

That is around 5 gamestop's within 20miles and that was because they each got low stock. I can have it shipped if I really wanted one to like my moms house. Not everyone is me and I accept that reality.

Not everyone is you with a Gamestop near them still taking pre-orders. There is a high demand for two reasons 1) New Nintendo system 2) Zelda on the new Nintendo system.

You pant everyone with a broad brush and you are wrong for that. You seem to think you know where all 350 million+ people in the US live and how many of those really wanted a Switch and how many didn't.

There is also like I said reports of people outside the US who didn't get to because of extreme low stock. So ya by ur logic if you was guy 16 at Gamestop and you couldn't pre-order you clearly didn't want it enough and get there early enough......

Once again this shit isn't even new, they have done it with hardware,toys and games.

I'm done going back and forth on this, like I said believe what u want.

90%???? Lol wot?

Yeah okay dude. Guess the switch doesn't have motion controls or a multi touch 720 screen or use USB to charge or overclock in the dock

I guess fire emblem warriors isn't a real game, arms isn't real, Bomberman isn't real, those rabbits of Mario and road in ubisofts anniversary trailer weren't real, shen megami tensei isn't real,

Now I see why the switch looks so bad to you it doesn't exist at all in your reality. It's amazing how a reboot of a niche game that sold shit that came out two generations ago and isn't even exclusive that probably won't even be out till holiday 2017 at the earliest didn't get announced right away because clearly it wouldve been switches biggest title. It's such a travesty that it's not gotten revealed yet that it warped all of reality damn.

I'm glad I live in dimension 35 where Rick made sure Morty didn't destroy the switch blueprints cuz man your 99% reality sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    90%???? Lol wot?

man your 99% reality sucks
    One of these numbers is not like the other, One of these numbers is not what I said.

You guys have fun, I got skills to level in OSRS.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-01-16 at 06:24 AM.

No the funny thing is I'm not. I live in a apartment so the only way I'm getting it shipped out here is if I send it to someone elses house(Or I got a PO Box and I don't). Every gamestop around me was sold out within the hour of opening.

That is around 5 gamestop's within 20miles and that was because they each got low stock. I can have it shipped if I really wanted one to like my moms house. Not everyone is me and I accept that reality.
    Yet again, you are talking about fantasy situations though.

How do you know people who want the Switch don't have somewhere to ship it too? Or are you going to claim next that since the homeless can't afford it, it must not be available enough.

Not everyone is you with a Gamestop near them still taking pre-orders. There is a high demand for two reasons 1) New Nintendo system 2) Zelda on the new Nintendo system.
    Source.

You pant everyone with a broad brush and you are wrong for that. You seem to think you know where all 350 million+ people in the US live and how many of those really wanted a Switch and how many didn't.
    As you generalize a situation.

Once again this shit isn't even new, they have done it with hardware,toys and games.

I'm done going back and forth on this, like I said believe what u want.
    Yeah, it's not new for them to have low stock.

That doesn't change that in this specific situation, there wasn't a high demand.

Also, here's something to support this, just for you-
    http://kotaku.com/gamestop-has-sold-...ers-1791234616

Yeah, it's sold out.

2 days after they went up. It wasn't instantaneous like you claimed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Size comparisons between the Switch, Wii U, and N3DS XL.

Its funny that the 3ds as bigger buttons...

Also shouldn't they have put both thumb sticks on the bottoms and the buttons on the top so that using each joycon as separate controllers felt good?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Its funny that the 3ds as bigger buttons...

Also shouldn't they have put both thumb sticks on the bottoms and the buttons on the top so that using each joycon as separate controllers felt good?
    Probably my biggest complaint so far honestly about the Switch itself. I mean, they're slightly off in orientation if you look at them even.

I feel like the joysticks and buttons should have been a bit better aligned, since the empty space ends up on different sides of the controllers depending on which side you get.

10+ Year Old Account
    At some point I agree The Switch will be a amazing system. Just sucks there is only 3-ish big titles this year. Fire Emblem and others are not releasing this year, that just isn't happening.

Its a safe bet all the games in the 2017 bracket will be delayed.

And clearly anything not on that list but was announced is not releasing this year at all.
    Lets make a fun list of how much a game should cost

Zelda-60 dollars
    1 2 Switch-20 dollars
    Super BombermanR-20-30 dollars
    Skylanders-40 dollars-the toys are expensive enough
    Just Dance-60 dollars
    Snipperclips-20 dollars
    Fast RMX-30 dollars
    HasBeenHeroes-40 dollars
    MarioKart8-60 dollars
    Arms-20-30 dollars
    Disgaea5-40-60 dollars not sure
    Tetris-20 dollars
    Rime-40-60 dollars. Dont know enough to price
    Splatoon 2-60 dollars
    Skyrim-40-60. It better be remastered with all dlc if its 60.
    Mario-60 dollars
    Xenoblade-60 dollars
    Minecraft-20 dollars
    Fifa-60 dollars
    Street Fighter2-15-20 dollars
    Sonic-20-30 dollars
    Steep-40-60 dollars
    Syberia3-40-60 dollars
    NBA2K-60 dollars
    DBZ-60 dollars.

I think all of those prices are fair. Most will be more expensive than they are worth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Confirmed that MK8 Deluxe will not have any new tracks

All it's getting is 4 new characters and the revamped battle mode (which is the same battle mode just on more suitable maps)

and they are charging full price for it wow
    I mean, i didn't own a WiiU, so i feel 60 dollars is absolutely a fair price. They should let you upgrade your version for like 5 dollars or something.

I think all of those prices are fair. Most will be more expensive than they are worth.
    Ya it came out in the DF video that Street Fighter is $40.

10+ Year Old Account
    They will probably release a Switch Pro in 2 years with a tegra x2 or something. It wont be as powerful as a ps4 pro or Scorpio but it will be able to get ports for the last 2-4 years of its life. I think the Switch could be a sleeper hit. Who knows though.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya it came out in the DF video that Street Fighter is $40.
    That is ridiculous. It will fall in price fast likely though.

They will probably release a Switch Pro in 2 years with a tegra x2 or something. It wont be as powerful as a ps4 pro or Scorpio but it will be able to get ports for the last 2-4 years of its life. I think the Switch could be a sleeper hit. Who knows though.
    I rag on Nintendo here lately but I really do hope The Switch does well. I plan to get one sometime in the future, That zelda looks soooooo goooood.

Always wanted to play Splatoon as well.

- - - Updated - - -

That is ridiculous. It will fall in price fast likely though.
    Capcom being Capcom I imagine.

They haven't announced any official details about the online stuff besides from monthly games right?

Better be adding achievements finally if they're going to go to paid online