Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingpinwlock View Post
    That's your opinion. A lot of people do care, I would quit the game if people would get the same elite gear as I have. I have never seen anyone with this gear, either people thinks it looks boring, but when other classes whispers me about it, I do feel special. Keep your meaningless comment to yourself.
    i have a few things that nobody else can get now, and haven't been able to for a while.

if those things came up somewhere else in the game now, i wouldn't be bothered. there's a word for what it is when you do care about such things. i can't remember that word, but it's out there.

i have those things, i'm confident in the knowledge that i have them and nobody will ever take them from me. that's enough for me. what others have doesn't mean anything more to me than the man in the moon.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    If you currently have the rating required you should be able to buy any season's elite transmog you want except for tabards. Thats a simple and fair solution and sets will not vanish and never be seen again as it happens.

- - - Updated - - -

There would be prestige in the sets if you would always need the rating they require to wear/transmog them. Now someone has a 2011 elite set never pvped again and someone who is glad 2012 13 14 15 16 can't get it because makeshift "rules" of sorts.

As long as you have the rating you should be able to choose what set you want. Still prestigious and old sets available.

And leave the tabards out for those who want to show "Hey look I was gladiator 10 years ago".
    No.

The problem is that any backpeddling spazmoid can break 2.2 this expansion, even in WoD they could.

It was was a lot more difficult to get 2.2 pre-S15 and those rewards should be untouched.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    So you basically argue that the win-trading years 2011-2013 should have their rewards untouched so we can easily see the win traders? I couldn't agree more with that statement.

As for "backpeddling spazmoids" surely if thats your current opponents you should be able to show a 2.4-3k current no?

Its same as all those "arena masters" that managed [Last Man Standing] totally legit at 5am of a morning after jumping queues and burning entire TS servers to set it up.

Seriously don't even go there as an argument about not having transmogs. The amount of cheating that went on in pvp the previous years is sick.
    Cheaters were still a small minority, I don't see your point. If there were so many then those sets would be common, they're not. Any elite set before season 14 is rare at this point. More people got elite sets due to how dumbed down the game is than cheaters ever did.

Current rating? Why would I play rated in its dogshit state? Anyone who plays rated currently unless they're being paid for it has major issues. Why would I care about getting 2.4 when the rating has no worth and the gameplay is disgustingly bad? I played last season just to get the elite set since it was pretty cool, but since they're reusing the same set this season (symbolic of their effort they put into PvP) there's no reason to play.
    Last edited by Krusza; 2017-01-16 at 04:21 PM.

As much as I would love to wear some of those. I think they should remain exclusive items for ppl who worked hard on the previous expansions.

Talking about prestige.. cmon they did the same with vanilla pvp titles.
    why should this be any diferent?

The only thing about old elites that i wanted was being able to buy them if you have at least one piece from the set.
    The warrior's season 10 used the DK boots for bis stats. I never bought the warrior boots

At least in Legion Seasons you will be able to buy them when it ends. It is really hard to farm the entire set in this RNGfest of lootboxes.
    US-Azralon Rise Above
    Main: Ferozan

FFXIV: Lannile Polebows

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    And why would that be? I don't see an issue with looking nice after an expansion is over or maybe a season.
    By that argument any limited reward should be available afterwards.
    Challenge Modes, one-time events such as anniversary or expansion release, etc.
    At which point they cease to have any meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritvs View Post
    Talking about prestige.. cmon they did the same with vanilla pvp titles.
    why should this be any diferent?
    Because those were purely about a grind.
    PvP Season rewards are about results at that time, in that state of the game.
    Like Curve achievement is meant to.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-01-16 at 07:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Nope lol. Stop whining.

Let's also make Invincible, Lifebinder, Mmiron's head, Challenge mode sets all purchasable with Gold while we're at it. They're just pixels, afterall?

Quote Originally Posted by Chili908 View Post
    Old PvP Elite sets should definietly not be avialble again.
    Old raidgear is aviable :/

Deleted
    Been there, done that... I mean how would it be fair to the others?
    Isn't it as fair as all the PVE content that can be farmed at a later date?

Playing devils advocate here since frankly I wish there was more time limited content, but when you can go back and farm any mythic tier set / mount / meta achieve etc to your hearts content, I've always been a bit bemused as to why pvp seems to escape that and have actual prestigious rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    And why would that be? I don't see an issue with looking nice after an expansion is over or maybe a season.
    Should have gotten the rating when the gear was available if it mattered to you.

Go ahead and put old elite sets in, and put a 2700 rating gate on them. I could live with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Isn't it as fair as all the PVE content that can be farmed at a later date?

Playing devils advocate here since frankly I wish there was more time limited content, but when you can go back and farm any mythic tier set / mount / meta achieve etc to your hearts content, I've always been a bit bemused as to why pvp seems to escape that and have actual prestigious rewards.
    Certainly agree. Personally I have nothing against certain rewards not being attainable forever but as long as pve gear is there to be farmed forever I definitely think the same should be true for pvp gear.

Been there, done that... I mean how would it be fair to the others?
    If mythic raid sets can be available later so can elite pvp sets. There's really no argument against it outside of "I want to feel like a special snowflake" which you can continue feeling like by being on the cutting edge this season and all the seasons of the current expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darklift View Post
    Nope lol. Stop whining.

Let's also make Invincible, Lifebinder, Mmiron's head, Challenge mode sets all purchasable with Gold while we're at it. They're just pixels, afterall?
    Horrible comparison. All those mounts are still available to be farmed. They've added a ton of things this expansion gated behind rng. Previous expansion elite pvp sets are the things that actually make sense. Go ahead and lock out current expansion pvp sets behind rating completely just like mythic raid gear.

Since all the gearing systems are becoming unified it only makes sense. And no, don't throw that shit on the BMAH.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Just like older, once removed, super-rare T3 and even the Corrupt Ashbringer and promo items, they should be made available again through the BMAH. Equality for all, PvE or PvP.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    By that argument any limited reward should be available afterwards.
    Challenge Modes, one-time events such as anniversary or expansion release, etc.
    At which point they cease to have any meaning.

Because those were purely about a grind.
    PvP Season rewards are about results at that time, in that state of the game.
    Like Curve achievement is meant to.
    They already have curve equivalent achievements. They're gladiator challenger etc. Pvp has way too much locked behind rating to also lock it behind timing. It's something that has directly contributed to the toxicity of that medium of player. It also discourages participation in something already suffering in that regard.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post

Please don't dumb down PvP to PvE levels.
    Well there are rbgs so that ship has sailed long ago.

It's pretty silly

It's the only PvP set you can't get anymore. The people wanting to be special snowflakes don't seem to care that every single other armor set is available. Some players earned it at the time, why aren't they allowed to feel special too? Nothing about WoD season 1 was more prestigious than the rest.

It's a false sense of entitlement. They should be placed in the BMAH like every other unobtainable thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    No it shouldn't be. I don't care if outdated PvE content is dumb as fuck, but that doesn't mean you have to drag down PvP to the same level.
    Perspective, if the situations were flipped you would be saying the opposite
    Last edited by Not A Cat; 2017-01-17 at 02:36 AM.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    Just like older, once removed, super-rare T3 and even the Corrupt Ashbringer and promo items, they should be made available again through the BMAH. Equality for all, PvE or PvP.
    You mean the T3 items that you can not only buy off the BMAH, but that now works for every class and the promo items that are constantly re-introduced via some other way, be it the SOO items that you can now buy from a vendor after Legion's pre-launch event or promo pets being added to recruit a friend?
    Besides SOME Naxx item models, there's very, very little PVE stuff that isn't obtainable either in it's original or a replica form.
    There is nothing that's been getting added to the game and then restricted in the scope that PVP gear / mounts are. Every high lvl pvp armor set is farmable after the tier ends with little to no effort, every boss mount remains on the boss and at worst gets a reduction to drop rate, but even then only after the expansion ends and the mount has been farmed in higher tiers gear to the point that everyone with any motivation to get a boost can probably get in there. Ahead of the Curve is prettymuch all there is, and those often don't even end when the tier is obsolete, Helya mythic is hanging around to be farmed in NH gear iirc, good luck finding many tangible rewards like gearsets, mounts and titles.

PVP and PVE are lightyears apart in terms of equality when it comes to limited time prestiege items, and PVP certainly gets the better end of the deal. I wish Blizzard would be more in favor of retiring PVE content but they simply aren't. Even Insane in the Membrane, what was supposed to be THE poster child for an obnoxiously painful grind for nothing wasn't retired when Cataclysm removed the content or made it so you could get the hardest rep via daily quests, no, it was left in despite being a hundredfold easier. There's two completely different mindsets from the developers, I'm shocked anyone would pretend otherwise.

Deleted
    Some of you really are incredibly toxic. The attitude of "I have something and to truly enjoy it no one else must have it" is horrible. It's about as bad as discarding PvE as easy compared to PVP. As somebody here or in previous threads on the topic mentioned, elite PVP show for absolutely nothing seeing as most seasons favour a couple of classes, so you can hardly flaunt them as a measure of skill.
    You got your achievement, just like raiders did. Those sets should be made available for transmog, period. And if you threaten to stomp your feet and quit over something so incredibly petty as somebody wearing the same shirt you bought two years ago, then I hope you do just that when they ultimately do make old PVP sets available.

An alternative to a FFA system would be to make all elite rewards retrospectively available to everybody who reaches the needed ranking in the current season.

I mained a priest for 10 years but didn't got anathema, by that logic I should be able to buy it of a vendor too am i rite?