Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Llarold View Post
    Brewmaster is feeling better than ever since Tuesday. Talents still aren't truly balanced, but Niuzao's actually getting use on single target fights and RJW isn't a complete turkey in some situations now. Feeling great!
    What change to RJW did they make? It's the same as it was before the patch, mechanically.

It does look like they lightened the graphic so you can see the ground now.

Niuzao only pulls ahead in really specific situations (really really short killtime or really close to 3:45 killtime), rushing jade wind is still worthless, a 8% buff wasn't nearly enough to make it interesting in any situation

Quote Originally Posted by Mokuna View Post
    Niuzao only pulls ahead in really specific situations (really really short killtime or really close to 3:45 killtime), rushing jade wind is still worthless, a 8% buff wasn't nearly enough to make it interesting in any situation
    The 8% buff wasn't enough to offset the secondary stats loss or the 5% base crit loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    The 8% buff wasn't enough to offset the secondary stats loss or the 5% base crit loss.
    RJW had its 50% BrM damage reduction aura removed. It deals 33% more damage post-patch. No hotfix notes or post-note update.

RJW had its 50% BrM damage reduction aura removed. It deals 33% more damage post-patch. No hotfix notes or post-note update.
    I don't have any logs from before the patch, but the damage of my own RJW is within 1k per hit of before.

Was the aura on the Stagger ability?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have any logs from before the patch, but the damage of my own RJW is within 1k per hit of before.

Was the aura on the Stagger ability?
    I believe that's correct. It was a -50% modifier to Rushing Jade Wind, and was removed about midway through the PTR. I took screenshots of my RJW tooltip before the patch and it increased by ~30% when 7.1.5 landed, with no changes to gear other than my Mastery value dropping slightly.

I ran RJW through farm this week and it performed pretty poorly - relatively speaking - so I don't think it's a good choice for most raid content, but for anything with a constant stream of AoE-able adds (Mythic+, Skorpyron) it should be a more reliable option than SD.

God I hate this spell... I'd hate to cast it every 5 sec to make the most use out of it if I want to do better aoe damage than SD sustainability-wise (how do you even do it anyway ?)...

Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    God I hate this spell... I'd hate to cast it every 5 sec to make the most use out of it if I want to do better aoe damage than SD sustainability-wise (how do you even do it anyway ?)...
    I feel RJW's duration should double. Would make it a heap better to play with.

Felt great to heal. I', having the same vibe i have healing bears. Dunno what happend, but it's totally the best tank i want to heal now.

Sometimes i ge made because of the sniping of my swiftmend the very moment i cast the spell, but other then that i can only say they're sturdy af.

I believe that's correct. It was a -50% modifier to Rushing Jade Wind, and was removed about midway through the PTR. I took screenshots of my RJW tooltip before the patch and it increased by ~30% when 7.1.5 landed, with no changes to gear other than my Mastery value dropping slightly.

I ran RJW through farm this week and it performed pretty poorly - relatively speaking - so I don't think it's a good choice for most raid content, but for anything with a constant stream of AoE-able adds (Mythic+, Skorpyron) it should be a more reliable option than SD.
    I ran it today in quite a few M+ from 4 to 15 and it didn't come close to Special Delivery, except in Arcway.

Also, it's really god damn annoying to use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    I feel RJW's duration should double. Would make it a heap better to play with.
    I like this idea.

I ran it today in quite a few M+ from 4 to 15 and it didn't come close to Special Delivery, except in Arcway.

Also, it's really god damn annoying to use.
    Yeah, it's only really competitive with SD if you're all the way down at 14.3% Haste and moving around quite a bit. If you're close to or above 33.4% Haste, you will never really have the GCD's for RJW.

All assuming Legendary Chest, of course.

15+ Year Old Account

I can run some tests but I was under the impression that there is still several modifiers for RJW

69% * 9 [ticks] * (1 - 0.44) * (1 + 0.09) = 379.0584% AP total

Naked I have 10,214 AP and my RJW is reading it should do 38,718 damage

38,718 / 10,214 = 3.7906795

Which lines up with what I calculated.

Before it was calculated as

33% * 9 * (1 - 0.55) = 133.65%

Or an overall buff of 283.62%
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2017-01-16 at 06:38 PM.

Yeah, it's only really competitive with SD if you're all the way down at 14.3% Haste and moving around quite a bit. If you're close to or above 33.4% Haste, you will never really have the GCD's for RJW.

All assuming Legendary Chest, of course.
    Most monks don't have it, myself included, so including it in some sort of baseline is silly.

Out of the six legendaries, I've got the six bad ones.
    Last edited by Babylonius; 2017-01-17 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Edited for word choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most monks don't have it, myself included, so including it in some sort of baseline is silly.

That means you should have an easier time casting RJW. Without it you will have fewer chances to cast BoF throughout a fight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    Or an overall buff of 283.62%
    Pretty significant, although it was a dps loss to cast before 7.1.5 in single target. As in, casting it while specced into it would lose DPS compared to basically having zero talent. That's rough.
    Last edited by Babylonius; 2017-01-17 at 02:00 AM.

That means you should have an easier time casting RJW. Without it you will have fewer chances to cast BoF throughout a fight.
    That is how a priority-based rotation works, yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is how a priority-based rotation works, yes.
    What's your criticism, then?

Deleted
    I run ca. 30% haste and I hate casting RJW (it breaks up my rotation badly indeed) - I don't have the chest. Maybe if we could buff it's dmg or length with BoC ... but as for now, for m+ (as that's what I tank) I feelcraft RJW higher than SD due to it's reliability and added aoe threat generation. SD is just so damn unreliable in m+ aoe environment even though I find it's animation and fantasy WAY better than RJW (it's blerghhhh).

What's your criticism, then?

If you've got RJW, and you're in a M+ with more than one target, you're going to use RJW over another Tiger Palm, with or without chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsharna View Post
    I run ca. 30% haste and I hate casting RJW (it breaks up my rotation badly indeed) - I don't have the chest. Maybe if we could buff it's dmg or length with BoC ... but as for now, for m+ (as that's what I tank) I feelcraft RJW higher than SD due to it's reliability and added aoe threat generation. SD is just so damn unreliable in m+ aoe environment even though I find it's animation and fantasy WAY better than RJW (it's blerghhhh).
    I think they lightened up its animation to pre-Legion levels.
    Last edited by stross01; 2017-01-17 at 06:22 AM.

Deleted
    Possible - I didn't play monk pre-Legion and I didn't play WoW the last week
    Still tossing a barrel high up to let it crash on the heads of your enemies is much more fun than any green stuff flying constantly around me.
    Last edited by mmoc806dd679c9; 2017-01-17 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsharna View Post
    Possible - I didn't play monk pre-Legion and I didn't play WoW the last week
    Still tossing a barrel high up to let it crash on the heads of your enemies is much more fun than any green stuff flying constantly around me.
    I wish the barrel would spin or tumble or something, though. It looks like it's riding a Star Fox track right now.