Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow priest felt terrible to level 100-110 as even when mindsear existed and did tickle amounts of damage. I just leveled my priest as disc. I main boomy and I leveled as feral because I tried boomy on beta and it was a pain, just like I leveled my elemental shaman as enhancement and still had to play it for WQs initially because ele damage and survival was so bad. It's done in a few hours anyway, I don't see why it's such a huge issue, although it would be nice if there was a talent on 15 or something that made leveling/WQ less painful for specs such as these.

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    wouldnt the same apply to mind sear?

you know, grouping, caster mobs, etc?
    It has no cooldown so you didn't need to group quite that strictly.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    /facepalm, indeed. You, my friend, are really determined to battle dirty whiners aren't you? I LIKE THE CHANGE. Whole 7.1.5 patch feels like Bobby Kotick started playing shadowpriest, really. So much great changes/mechanic reworks...
    Its kind of sad to see this go to personal messages. I wont go into detail here, but calm down and just.. leave tje discussion here and leave my inbox alone please cus this is getting sad lol.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As someone with every class at 110, priest was definitely my least favorite to level. Shadow is so incredibly squishy and PW:S is way to weak to do anything. If it was like Frost mages' Ice Barrier it would be great, but it's a very tiny bubble. It's not like I ever died, but it was pretty annoying. Disc was even worse though. While it's true you never die, things also die far slower than as Shadow. That being said, when do you ever use Mind Sear? You need a lot of adds to have to use Mind Sear, and I don't think I ever used it while leveling outside of dungeons. Especially since with so many enemies on you, your PW:S lasts an entire 1/64th of a second and from then on your casts are constantly getting pushed.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mindsear was nerfed buffed nerfed and eventually being terrible. They way it works now is cool and you keep usig your normal rotation which is awesome! Misery helps out alot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    Good news: you can still use Mind Sear to clear stuff in old content. Here's how:

Take Misery.

Cast Vampiric Touch on a target, and then immediately cast Mind Flay on that target.

Shadow Word: Pain does not do any initial instant damage when applied with Vampiric Touch via the Misery talent, so your target will survive just long enough for Mind Sear to proc, dealing AOE damage.

Repeat as necessary.
    That's actually great advice for old stuff that would otherwise be a pain to aoe with the new mind sear!
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Deleted
    I guess its a good place to ask this question. When I mind flay mob with sw on it, does it also get ticks from new mind seer in addition to sw ticks?

The Removal of MS, was great for end game content.. Stuff where mobs actually stay alive long enough for you to get dots up and can MF..

But for, army training, soloing in open world or doing legacy content.. not having MS fucking sucks.

I also used to target friendly players a lot.. I guess I can live without it, but it was great for being alittle lazy at times.
    Last edited by Quibble; 2017-01-16 at 09:34 AM.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

I have struggled with the change at doing "killing mobs" WQs where the greatest problem is tagging mobs before they die. It was easy with MS, but sucks with SWP now.
    I found the easy solution: Instead of trying to do damage, just shield or even shadow mend people that are in combat. Then you get credit for everything they are in combat with at that moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    In certain BGs it was quite enjoyable to Sear and apply Pain to 5-10 targets at a time.
    Haven't done PvP since patch.. They didn't change it so the AOE effect on MF also spreads SW:P?
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    No it didn't, you just refuse to adapt / don't understand the concept of line of sight.
    Oh my god this mob is casting shit on me what to doooo.
    Seriously, is it that hard to just walk around a wall or something?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    Good news: you can still use Mind Sear to clear stuff in old content. Here's how:

Take Misery.

Cast Vampiric Touch on a target, and then immediately cast Mind Flay on that target.

Shadow Word: Pain does not do any initial instant damage when applied with Vampiric Touch via the Misery talent, so your target will survive just long enough for Mind Sear to proc, dealing AOE damage.

Repeat as necessary.
    That's a great tip by the way, ifxes all the whine aka "i'm borken and can't do damage to low health targets"
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Lets say a bunch of adds need to be quickly AoE'd

Spriest has 0 input other than swp/swd sniping for twist of fate.

So unless a spriest has inflated single target damage, they will be benched for that progression.

Quote Originally Posted by tiptopmemer View Post
    Lets say a bunch of adds need to be quickly AoE'd

Spriest has 0 input other than swp/swd sniping for twist of fate.

So unless a spriest has inflated single target damage, they will be benched for that progression.
    Nothing has changed there. Mind sears damage was so abysmally low that in the extremely unlikely scenario where things die too fast to get a swp and mind flay off you might as well not have cast anything. You would take shadowcrash for this and still be better off than you were. Also lol @ benched for progression because of some tiny aoe pack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    Because I like shadow and disc is boring?
    then be pro & level as holy

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Nothing has changed there. Mind sears damage was so abysmally low that in the extremely unlikely scenario where things die too fast to get a swp and mind flay off you might as well not have cast anything. You would take shadowcrash for this and still be better off than you were. Also lol @ benched for progression because of some tiny aoe pack.
    Class 1. Middle of the pack damage and no AoE.

Class 2. Middle of the pack damage and insane AoE.

Just so you know, im talking about real progression here, more than 1 week after world 1st is completely irrelevant, might aswell play in a more casual guild and kill content more slowly and at a relaxed pace.

If you're on a fight where a group of clumped adds need to be damage quickly then you should have talented into Shadow Crash.

Learn the fight, talent accordingly.