Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Resto talents: M+ and Raiding

Just wanted to make sure I have this correct.

For M+:

1. Cenarion Ward
    2. Displacer Beast
    3. Feral Affinity
    4. X
    5. Cultivation
    6. Germination
    7. Flourish

For Raids:

1. Cenarion Ward
    2. Displacer Beast
    3. Guardian Affinity
    4. X
    5. Cultivation
    6. Spring Blossoms (if a stacked fight)/Inner Peace (any other situation)
    7. Flourish

Incorrect. There is no talent called "X".

Eh there are many situations where you'd run germination too in raids, if it's a non-stacked fight where you don't need lots of healing cds (Eg Dragons)

But aside from that it's good, Incarnation is nice in M+ farm, good for huge pulls or oh shit moments to clean up.

I don't find much use for germination in raids; the only fight where it might make sense is dragons and the incoming damage on dragons isn't really high enough to need to double rejuv people

you might give abundance some run in m+; I like it better than cenarion ward.

Deleted
    Maybe it's the tearstone talking, but germination actually provides amazing synergies and healing. it's definitely underrated in my opinion and I kinda always take it if we don't need to utilize a strong healing cd every 2 mins (inner peace)

Looks about right for raiding if you put X = Typhoon. Being able to move adds is handy at least once per tier, while the rest is useless for anything except procing Sephuz.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

X = Typhoon. Throw down Vortex into a Typhoon and you have a handy AoE daze. I think Germ in raids is also very dependent upon your co-healers. If you find that they're topping people off quickly enough, germ just isn't going to be worth it imo. As others have stated, if you run into a fight where raid CDs are just worth fuckall, then it doesn't hurt, but those are going to be few and far between I imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    I don't find much use for germination in raids; the only fight where it might make sense is dragons and the incoming damage on dragons isn't really high enough to need to double rejuv people

you might give abundance some run in m+; I like it better than cenarion ward.
    Talents matter the most on progression, and then the damage was high enough to need double rejuv on anyone with a dot that you couldn't dispel.

Double rejuv + the cult proc is huge with high mastery (Which every high progressing resto druid should have) And therefore extremely strong on a lot of fights. With Cenarius rush strat Germ is good, Nythendra germ is good, Il'gynoth, Xavius.

The fact we like mastery in raids, is because of how strong Germ+Cult is.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Talents matter the most on progression, and then the damage was high enough to need double rejuv on anyone with a dot that you couldn't dispel.

Double rejuv + the cult proc is huge with high mastery (Which every high progressing resto druid should have) And therefore extremely strong on a lot of fights. With Cenarius rush strat Germ is good, Nythendra germ is good, Il'gynoth, Xavius.

The fact we like mastery in raids, is because of how strong Germ+Cult is.
    when we were progressing on cenarius I didn't have enough mana to throw out as many rejuvs as I wanted even without germination; mana and GCDs aren't limitless, and in a progression mythic setting mana is too limited to make germination really useful (especially since it trades off with inner peace, probably our greatest efficiency talent.)

if the choice is between germination and spring blossoms you might find some fights to use germination on (dragons mostly), but in the vast majority of raid situations you'll prefer inner peace

when we were progressing on cenarius I didn't have enough mana to throw out as many rejuvs as I wanted even without germination; mana and GCDs aren't limitless, and in a progression mythic setting mana is too limited to make germination really useful (especially since it trades off with inner peace, probably our greatest efficiency talent.)

if the choice is between germination and spring blossoms you might find some fights to use germination on (dragons mostly), but in the vast majority of raid situations you'll prefer inner peace
    If you don't have enough mana for rejuvs, that's moreso an issue with your playstyle, and no, in the vast majority you don't want inner peace. Because you don't need it. On burst damaging fights sure, it's amazing, but if it's a slow constant damage, germ is extremely good and shouldn't be making you go oom. Unless you're wasting mana on things you shouldn't be. Rejuv is one of your MAIN heals.

I'd love to see some of your logs, just to see if you're genuinely ooming, or if there's something you're doing that you shouldn't be.

here's me vs cenarius: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...on=1&boss=1877

we don't have enough mana to continuously spam rejuv in a situation where the whole raid needs healing; I'd love it if I did but this ain't HFC. Even sustaining 10-12 rejuvs becomes taxing along with all the other stuff we're casting... so why do I want a talent that basically just enables me to spam more rejuvs?

here's me vs cenarius: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...on=1&boss=1877

we don't have enough mana to continuously spam rejuv in a situation where the whole raid needs healing; I'd love it if I did but this ain't HFC. Even sustaining 10-12 rejuvs becomes taxing along with all the other stuff we're casting... so why do I want a talent that basically just enables me to spam more rejuvs?
    You don't have to sustain that many, cenarius isn't the best for it because the damage is moreso aoe, but you don't need inner and you don't need spring, so germ is the obvious choice, for tanks + squishys + brambles noobs.

But on fights like Nyth, or Dragons when dots go onto people and those people take much more damage, 2 germs is so strong.

What's the point of running high mastery when you wouldn't make use out of it when you can?

rot doesn't hit hard enough to make germination compelling, and on a fight like nythendra where most of the threatening damage comes in big bursts (volatile rot, post-MC backfill) inner peace is at its most useful

tbh you don't need to look at my logs; have a scroll through the 80+ percentile on any fight in EN or ToV and you'll see germination well-represented only on dragons (and imo this is likely due to single-heal cheesing at high gear level)

For M+:

1. Cenarion Ward
    2. Displacer Beast
    3. Feral Affinity/Balance (for me i take balance dont like melee), but i heard feral is pretty strong
    4. Typhoon
    5. Cultivation or Incarnation, but with hihg ilvl and high mastery gear i find that cultivation is enough.
    6. Germination
    7. Flourish

For Raids:

1. Cenarion Ward
    2. Displacer Beast
    3. Guardian Affinity
    4. Typhoon
    5. Cultivation
    6. Spring Blossoms (if a stacked fight)/Inner Peace (any other situation)
    This is mostly correct but like others have mentioned germination is also strong on the above mentioned fights.
    7. Flourish

rot doesn't hit hard enough to make germination compelling, and on a fight like nythendra where most of the threatening damage comes in big bursts (volatile rot, post-MC backfill) inner peace is at its most useful

tbh you don't need to look at my logs; have a scroll through the 80+ percentile on any fight in EN or ToV and you'll see germination well-represented only on dragons (and imo this is likely due to single-heal cheesing at high gear level)
    I'm talking about initial prog. Not overgearing progression, germ and mastery and cult is such a strong combo on initial kills and tough progression when those dots hurt.

Although, to be fair, the healer comp you run with I can see not needing it as much.

Whereas I run with 2 Hpallys, 1 Disc, and then a Rsham on 5heal fights.

Spring Blossom is hella strong on M+ if you have a full melee comp. 1 perma mastery stack which enables you into a strong regrowth bombing really quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Spring Blossom is hella strong on M+ if you have a full melee comp. 1 perma mastery stack which enables you into a strong regrowth bombing really quickly.
    Wrong. U should never give up germination for spring blossom (even with full melee). Just look at the healing of rejuv and then of germination, they both will be on top. Its insanely high in mythic+. And dont forget about movement, melees like to move out of ur efflo, and boss fights and trash fights usually include a lot of movement. Ull be much better off with another rejuv.

Wrong this massive dick because is all about the affixes.

This week is totally Spring friendly.

You want the mastery stacks not the healing from a hot who wont keep up anybody in 16,17 or 18.

If you are stuck with a haste/crit gear then i might understand (condolences to your m+ team)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Wrong this massive dick because is all about the affixes.

This week is totally Spring friendly.

You want the mastery stacks not the healing from a hot who wont keep up anybody in 16,17 or 18.

If you are stuck with a haste/crit gear then i might understand (condolences to your m+ team)
    You mean like the mastery stacks that you get from having Germination on a target? Ok, it'll cost you a couple extra GCDs but the actual HoT itself is more powerful too. Germination is pretty much ALWAYS going to be better than SB in 5 man because it's so easy to get 2 rejuvs on everyone.
    Last edited by mmoc20d0029533; 2017-01-17 at 12:57 PM.

As long as the only way i can heal a tyrannical or some raging/bolstering+fortify (above 15 ofc) is bombing the party with mollion worth RG then i dont care what lvl 90 talents has higher throughput. Neither of them is actuallu meaningful.
    All i want is the fastest way to stack multiple hots on the whole party.
    Next time i tackle CoS tyrannical at 15 i'll post a log just to prove SB is, at very least, a.very viable choice.