Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

[Shadow] Anyone done Nibbleh (Brawler's Rank 7) successfully yet?

Hey guys

I'm looking for some tips on how to best approach this fight as Shadow. Here's my armory:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...enara/advanced

Mind you, I'm main holy and don't have the best shadow gear. I wear whatever I can get my hands on that works. In addition to what you see there, my artifact weapon is at level 35 and I'm using Crit Food, Int Flask, Brawler's Potion (x2) and Drums for Heroism. As for talents, so far I'm using what you see except that I switch Void Ray to Lingering Insanity for that fight.

I've heard that one should do about 400k DPS while kiting Nibbleh to have a chance. From my own, failed, attempts, that seems like a good ballpark figure. I've killed Nibbled in previous Brawler's seasons successfully. However, the fight has changed slightly in Legion. It's no longer deadly when Nibbleh gets a few buff stacks, it just makes it harder to kite him away from existing green stuff due to him getting bigger (eventually the damage will still become overwhelming too).

So there are certainly possibilities for alternative strategies where perhaps one might stop kiting at some point. Also I'm not really sure I can actually meet the DPS requirements with my current gear.

If anyone has any tips or suggestions, I'm open to them

Thanks!
    Last edited by Venara; 2017-01-16 at 10:29 AM.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Take Surrender to Madness, Power Infusion, Auspicious Spirits and Reaper of Souls. Be sure to set running speed to "walk" (or RP walk as some call it).

Start near where Nibbleh spawns and always keep backpeddling, pop StM at start, use PI, Shadowfiend and drums at 40ish stacks, you should finish the fight around the 3rd-4th time you turn Nibbleh at corners.

7+ Year Old Account
    I used stm and waited till there was 1m 30s left on the encounter

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeson View Post
    Take Surrender to Madness, Power Infusion, Auspicious Spirits and Reaper of Souls. Be sure to set running speed to "walk" (or RP walk as some call it).

Start near where Nibbleh spawns and always keep backpeddling, pop StM at start, use PI, Shadowfiend and drums at 40ish stacks, you should finish the fight around the 3rd-4th time you turn Nibbleh at corners.
    I tried StM a few times unsuccessfully. My problem was not being able to keep insanity up due to the constant movement. I do think StM is probably the way to go here but how do you keep up the Insanity when you barely have time to cast Mind Blast in between movement? You can't really get in any MF channels. Maybe a single tick here and there.

Deleted
    I did him today without S2M, went LotV and PI mainly, popped drums early on. Just ran from corner to corner and hoped the clouds he makes wouldnt get in the way along the path. He was dead right after i cut the last corner.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara View Post
    I tried StM a few times unsuccessfully. My problem was not being able to keep insanity up due to the constant movement. I do think StM is probably the way to go here but how do you keep up the Insanity when you barely have time to cast Mind Blast in between movement? You can't really get in any MF channels. Maybe a single tick here and there.
    Am I missing something? You can cast while moving with s2m.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    Am I missing something? You can cast while moving with s2m.
    Oh my. This is how often I play Shadow, as in never except for WorldQuests where you don't spec StM

Here is another tip: Brawler's potions don't count towards combat potions.

Pull: Brawler's Pot & Potion of Prolonged Power.
    @1Min: Brawler's 2nd pot + 2nd PoPP or you can use a Potion of Deadly Grace (what I did).

I have better gear than you but didn't need to surrender till last 2 bosses. It should be do-able without STM but if you do STM I suggest either surrendering right at the start or just gimping your first void form so it drops quickly and then surrendering immediately afterwards.

If I were you I'd drop void ray in favour of reaper of souls. Take San'layan because you have a lot of mastery. I'd also drop Mind bender for PI, PI is a huge dps increase over mind bender. Just get into void form, make sure dots wont expire and void torrent. Now try to have a lot of room to move and pop PI and go ham. (This is with a non surrender build)

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeson View Post

Succeeded (ilvl 879), thanks to bladesons advice. Start with using both pots (brawler and normal pot) and use them after drums at 40ish stacks again. Start at the bottom left corner and once your target reaches you, just backpaddle from corner to corner. After Nibbleh I used S2M for all bosses at rank 7.
    Last edited by mkkbr; 2017-01-17 at 08:55 AM.