Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account

Yet another Kirin Tor WQ failure bu Blizzard.

So, yesterday, the "Magic of Flight" Kirin Tor World Quest in Stormheim pops in my map. Duration: 2 days. Reward: Stat stick Trinket.

Awsome! Since that implementation of the quest is kinda long (takes time to reach and complete it, compared to the Azsuna and Suramar versions), i decide to complete the quest with my Order Hall quest completion item, being off cooldown 8 hours later. I was at work at that time, but it didn't matter. Duration was 2 days and maybe the next emissary would be Kirin Tor. 2 birds with a stone. Especially after all those discussions about not enough quests and don't complete when they spawn etc, etc.

This afternoon the quest is no longer in my map. Maybe it's one of those WQ map bugs, where the quest is actually available, but not showing there, right? I end up taking the time to reach the quest spot, only to find the quest giver in his flowing bubble, offering no World Quest. Which had a duration of 2 days (NOT?).

So, first we should wait to do the quest, then we shouldn't wait to do the quests, because they despawn. Right. The guys who had the idea to "fix" and the guys who actually applied all those "fixes" to the Kirin Tor quest SYSTEM (The quests themselves are fine imo, i only avoid only the air jump one, because it was buggy at hell when it was introduced and i'm not doing it again) are worthless and inept. The quests are nothing special to be kept rare at spawning, the fix shouldnt have been implemented, because it only caused bugs, frustration to players and undermined the quality and quantity of Legion content.

It's about time they stopped implementing half-arsed, rushed content, advertised as one of the main attractions of this expansion. And to not fix what is not broken (only in their little, as proven already, brains)
    Last edited by Fabinas; 2017-01-16 at 02:44 PM.

Deleted
    Which zone was this quest in?

The only problem i have with these quests is the great variance the "propelling forward" seems to have.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did all three of the Kirin Tor quests without issue. Are you sure it's just not missing from the map but still there? Did you try a WQ addon or just go to the correct location (Stormheim)?

I seriously don't understand why the first thing that pops into peoples heads is to make a forum post about this.

Kirin Tor WQs are working as intended. If you aren't seeing them, you either missed some, or you've already plowed through them a day before.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Edited the location in the first sentence. If you took the time to read my post you'd see i went there. I literally posted while standing besides Kesalon (the quest giver). I have already seen rewards of world quests changing through the day, but never again having them despawned before their actual duration.

It's a Kirin Tor Quest. The only world quests in game that have been buggy as hell with their actual spawning, AFTER the fix. Seems enough proof for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbull View Post
    I seriously don't understand why the first thing that pops into peoples heads is to make a forum post about this.

Kirin Tor WQs are working as intended. If you aren't seeing them, you either missed some, or you've already plowed through them a day before.

Because they don't. That's the reason of the post.

Deleted
    They work fine, it's a l2p issue on these players.

I did 3 with no issues. There were 4 up for once but since it's been reduced to 3 all I did was 2 flight ones and a Ley Race.

You completed the quest via the class hall thing and now it is not showing? Isn't that how they all work?

2 day duration means that you have 2 days to complete it once, not that you can complete it multiple times in those 2 days

10+ Year Old Account
    I have had an issue with WQ going away before they expire as well. I remember there being two large AP WQ's in suramar city (the side with all of the elites) and they both had 2 day durations so I held off. The next day one of them was gone.

7+ Year Old Account
    do blizzard just need to make it auto complete to fix these people fucking crying about them being broken (when they really arnt)
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    No question, Kirin Tor WQ were buggy in their appearance a few weeks ago (and now they are down to 3, but the tooltip still says "complete 4") - but in what way are the Kirin Tor quests "half arsed, rushed" and were "advertised as a main attractor"?

I mean, they might not be everyone's taste, but the quest themselves don't bug and I did three just fine on each of my 5 lv 110.
    Example: The air jump one. I found it spawned on Suramar. On the first day it spawned and i tried it, there was no "air drop protection" or "return to quest giver". I literally dropped 5 times to my death before i abandoned it. Being on top of Moon Hold, it was enormously time consuming. Yet, i tried another 4 times. And will never do the quest again wherever it spawns.

I know they "fixed" it later. What was the fix? If you EVER EVER try to jump with a glider when the quest pops up in your vicinity, it ports you back to the quest giver. EVEN IF YOU DONT WANT TO. Plus the jump ability bar is forced on you. I'm being "protected" from the jump anyway. The right way would be to have the WQ jump bar enabled and be protected from a death jump ONLY after i talked to the quest giver. Nah.

Deleted
    it has nothing to do with Kirin Tor - i have witnessed also that (in my case it was Warden quest what i wanted to do later) some quests disappear while these have (2) days left (and it was during a daytime, nowhere near daily or weekly reset).

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    They work fine, it's a l2p issue on these players.
    The quests work fine. Their spawning doesn't. It's a L2read issue with you.

7+ Year Old Account
    also you said it popped up on your phone, but not on your actual map
    A. either a bug on your side
    B. you havent unlocked the area but it showed anyways, like how it shows surmar world quests and the helejar ones to my chars who havent unlocked em

Blizzard QA is dropping the ball for sure. I mean, "b" is an entire inch away from "m", and that shit STILL hasn't been fixed:

To say nothing of an entire list of patch notes with the word "strategem" instead of "stratagem" being used throughout. This is pretty much on the same level of Rush as the bug you're encountering.

I had to take a screenshot for every typo encountered in Legion so far, and I've had to uninstall a few games just to have enough space in my image folder for all of those screenshots.

If Blizzard can no longer pride itself on polish, then what else can it pride itself on?

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I did 3 with no issues. There were 4 up for once but since it's been reduced to 3 all I did was 2 flight ones and a Ley Race.
    It's a l2read issue with your case as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeCreeper View Post
    You completed the quest via the class hall thing and now it is not showing? Isn't that how they all work?

2 day duration means that you have 2 days to complete it once, not that you can complete it multiple times in those 2 days
    Same with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried to do the Kirin Tor quests last night, got 2 of them, the third was on the map, but when I went there no quest. So i missed out on that emmisary chest.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    do blizzard just need to make it auto complete to fix these people fucking crying about them being broken (when they really arnt)
    But their spawning is broken. A 2 day duration quest has disappeared on me. Weren't you one of the mentally challenged people who advocated to wait for the last minute to complete those quests in order to do the Kirin Tor Emissary? I followed your advice. And the quest despawned. Off with you now, Blizz white knight fanboi.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Ah, ok - I read people raging about this, thought it is "working as intended" and just skipped it. Usually there are enough Ley race, Enigma, Barrel and Item found quests there over the course of 4 days (maybe I am lucky)
    My problem is not their abundance. They were enough of them in the last Kirin Tor Emissary. My problem is that the quest despawned today DESPITE HAVING A 2 DAY DURATION when it spawned last night.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Failing a simple WQ now warrants a wall of bitching. Jesus..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Comfort Zone View Post
    Blizzard QA is dropping the ball for sure. I mean, "b" is an entire inch away from "m", and that shit STILL hasn't been fixed:

To say nothing of an entire list of patch notes with the word "strategem" instead of "stratagem" being used throughout. This is pretty much on the same level of Rush as the bug you're encountering.

I had to take a screenshot for every typo encountered in Legion so far, and I've had to uninstall a few games just to have enough space in my image folder for all of those screenshots.

If Blizzard can no longer pride itself on polish, then what else can it pride itself on?
    lol nice complete and utter bullshit...
    that picture there is 40 kb
    at 1000000 kb per gig...
    that means 25,000 pictures per gig... and if your "deleting games" to take screenshots, you are complete and utter bullshit... i wanna see this file of 25,000 spelling errors on blizzards part...

but hey, lets say the average game this day is 5 gigs...
    and you say "a few" that means atleast 3

so 15 gigs so

please, show me the 75,000 screenshots you have of spelling errors
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-01-16 at 03:07 PM.