Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    What kind of savage barbarian would propose that type of legislation? Does that mean we can run over cops who have people pulled over on the side of the road? Or we can speed up to hit people crossing? This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.
    Could point to some irony there

OT what did y'all expect ?
    People think they are free because they can write "fuk teh gubinment" on the internet, and then learn it the hard way when they attempt to do an actual protestation act.
    Last edited by Raskayz; 2017-01-16 at 01:06 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I don't think Black Lives Matter is thing in North Dakota, lots and lots of white people there. Also I wonder if this is just proposed legislation? Just because someone had an idea doesn't mean it will become law.

There are a lot of Native Americans there...
    That's what I was thinking. I know the oil pipeline protesters set up some roadblocks a time or two. I guess this is so they can mow them down if Trump calls for the pipeline to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post
    That's what I was thinking. I know the oil pipeline protesters set up some roadblocks a time or two. I guess this is so they can mow them down if Trump calls for the pipeline to continue.
    That will escalate into something nasty (my prediction if this bill gets signed into law and oil company tries shenanigans). North Dakota has a lot of guns, and you have the right to defend yourself...

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting my popcorn ready to watch that footage of protesters and din du nuffins getting trampled. Dis gon be gud.

Protesters is extremely easy to deal with if you have the balls, watercannons, teargas and rubber bullets and we shall se who is still standing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sforza View Post
    Getting my popcorn ready to watch that footage of protesters and din du nuffins getting trampled. Dis gon be gud.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

It's really not a coincidence that every time a thread like this pops up that posters saying that cold-blooded murder is justified have far-/alt-right leanings.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Stand in the street or freeway holding signs blocking traffic trying to FORCE your protest on people who dont care about it... you deserve to get ran over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    It's really not a coincidence that every time a thread like this pops up that posters saying that cold-blooded murder is justified have far-/alt-right leanings.
    That's rich coming from someone who supported violence against Trump supporters in another thread.
    Leftists are not exactly known for their consistency i guess.

Make the bill a bit less vague, and I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Assault
    Definition

1. Intentionally putting another person in reasonable apprehension of an imminent harmful or offensive contact. No intent to cause physical injury needs to exist, and no physical injury needs to result. So defined in tort law and the criminal statutes of some states.

2. With the intent to cause physical injury, making another person reasonably apprehend an imminent harmful or offensive contact. Essentially, an attempted battery. So defined in the criminal statutes of some states.

3. With the intent to cause physical injury, actually causing such injury to another person. Essentially, the same as a battery. So defined in the criminal statutes of some states, and so understood in popular usage.

(https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/assault)

So no, merely being in someone's way is not assault. Now if they were banging on your car and attacking your windows, I can see it, but merely standing in your way with a sign is not assault.
    Hmm going by number one every time I'm in a back up I believe I have a reasonable apprehension some one is going to rear end my car and kill me (having know a couple of people that had it happen) so number 1 seems to fit with the "Intentionally" part added onto it.

Seems like a great law to put the burden of proof on the person in the road. *granted they can put a passage in there for permit holders and profession workers that are in it as part of their duty for the more dimmer people that may think this is about them.

People who state they would love to kill people for doing X are usually just talking shit and would never actually do it themselves, they just have small intellect, smaller penises and are just crowing loudly in hopes that someone else is psychotic enough to do it for them so they don't have to get their hands dirty.

My overly conservative co-worker was crowing about how the military should shoot people coming across the border, and when I pointed out that soldiers don't like killing unarmed people, women and children he maintained that it didn't matter. So I handed him my pistol (I have a concealed weapon permit) and told him to prove it, go shoot a Latino woman or child. He spun around and fumed silently, an hour later he said he would at least shoot at their feet. Again I offered him my gun and told him to prove it. "Well I wouldn't do it myself but soldiers could do it." And I told him that no one wants to shoot anyone they don't have to and anyone who says they would are either psychopaths with no understanding of right or wrong or just very loud cowards who hope someone else will do it for them."

Mind you I am not for protesting to block highways, people need to get home or get to work, people have children they have to get to and emergency vehicles need to get places to save lives.

But people who advocate killing others are usually just loud mouthed cowards with very little brain power who just hope that some psychopath hears them and acts out on the cowards infantile desires.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    The law does specify that it has to be unintentional. You can't just go run over people.
    Aww

What if someone kills people during parades though? Parades technically obstruct street use, even though they are allowed to be there because permits.
    Those permits mean the world of difference, though.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Unless the law is explicitly clear, any lawyer can find loopholes for shit like that.

There are quite a few situations where obstructing street use is legal (permits)

And in those situations roads are blocked off with crowd and traffic control. So you're still stretching there.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to make a joke with #BLM and the word Splatter, but I was afraid someone would take it seriously.

On topic, I thoroughly disagree with this law. There are so many possible way this can be abused, it's basically a license to kill and people are fine with this crap?

This is absolutely outrageous o.o are we living in a world of psychopaths?
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

The only way I could see this bill being good is if it was limited to life-saving services such as ambulances and fire trunks.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    So your front door is assaulting potential burglars?
    Or does that count as "armed assault" on the burglars? (Armed with a door that is.)
    If the Burglar was already at your door for the door to be stopping them, the burglars were already trespassing so it's self defense. (one really dumb comparison deserves another)

*now if we can just get them to put up a bill to puts a bounty on them, it'd be all good (so to pay the any damage to the car)

Sounds like they're just fixing state law. Let me ask this, if you're in a car doing 45 miles an hour in a 45 mile an hour zone going around a sharp right turn with oncoming traffic in the other lane and protesters are in the street, you slam on your breaks as soon as you see them and still hit one of the protesters causing serious bodily injury, do you think the driver is at fault either criminally or civilly? Because right now that's the default position the law takes. The burden of proof in both cases is on the driver even if protesters are blocking traffic or walking where there's no sidewalk or bike lane. Saying things like, "just say 'whoops I didn't see them!' and you're off scot free lolol" if you made no attempt to avoid harming people is idiotic and isn't going to protect anyone from prosecution.

Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    The only way I could see this bill being good is if it was limited to life-saving services such as ambulances and fire trunks.
    People who dedicate their lives to driving life-saving service vehicles are not going to run over someone on the street. Maybe you need to spend some time around people who work in emergency service industry, here is a hint. They believe in saving lives, not taking lives.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.