Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    The real problem is that dungeons give shit experience and are a terrible way to level a character from 100-110. Blizzard put way too much emphasis on questing in Legion and kind of doesn't seem to care at all about the leveling dungeon experience.
    Lol but that is the point. They spend all this time on a story and putting quests in game to tell the story of the whole expansion, it is supposed to be the primary way to level. PVP and Dungeons are secondary ways to level. Or maybe we should have herbalists and mining profs level as fast as quests as well. I love the system they put in legion. Quest through the zones storyline and cap the zone with a large exp gain dungeon quest to do the dungeon that caps the zones storyline, its nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    How? you can buy crafted gear of that level and equip it in a no 110 char?
    It's not crafted gear, but world BoE drops. They've got a fixed level requirement, very high base item level (considering their level requirement) and they can also warforge/titanforge. Say you get the following world drop and it's titanforges:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=141587/q...ant&bonus=1537

The level requirement remains the same yet you'll still get the full 1440 haste rating. At level 100 you need 100 haste for 1% haste. I'm not sure how much rating a level 101 needs for 1% haste, but you're more than likely looking at over 10% haste from one single item. Even the base item still has 945 haste rating. For comparison Archimonde dropped a neck piece on mythic difficulty that only gave 176 haste at 720 iLvl. If you were in heroic/mythic HFC gear while leveling you absolutely stomped on all the outdoor content while leveling. These Legion BoE world drops are way stronger and make for excellent twink gear because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    And questing 100-110 takes about four hours, for most its just not worth doing the dungeons.
    I wish people like you would shut up.
    It does not take 4 hours. Its more than that
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imurbandaid View Post
    Lol but that is the point. They spend all this time on a story and putting quests in game to tell the story of the whole expansion, it is supposed to be the primary way to level. PVP and Dungeons are secondary ways to level. Or maybe we should have herbalists and mining profs level as fast as quests as well. I love the system they put in legion. Quest through the zones storyline and cap the zone with a large exp gain dungeon quest to do the dungeon that caps the zones storyline, its nice.
    Yeah it is indeed, the first time.
    After that first time, leveling via dungeons is much more entertaining, i mean it would if they were not giving such a low XP, and did not take so long to enter a normal dungeon, at least as DPS.
    Same with for example cinematics and dialogue boxes when doing Mythic+; first time i did the dungeons, those dialogue boxes were okish, but now they are unsuferable, and what is worst, unlike in D3, there is no option ingame to automatically skip them all.

The real problem is that dungeons give shit experience and are a terrible way to level a character from 100-110. Blizzard put way too much emphasis on questing in Legion and kind of doesn't seem to care at all about the leveling dungeon experience.
    By leveling experience you mean that you are not able to faceroll through dungeons or PVP to hit 110 and you actually have to experience the game to level? That sounds like a good leveling experience to me and not a grind until you are 110 through the same boring dungeon 30-40 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    its still way faster to quest than chain dungeons 100-110

You want the easy way, level all the characters you have to 101 where you get followers. Do all the player xp quests on them whenever they are available. Pick one character and just follow the story quests and do whatever else is in the area. Do not go chasing side quests except for professions and class quests. You can finish a zone in about an hour and a half add about 20 mins for the dungeon at the end and you are done so 2 hours a zone. If your character has rested XP they will hit 110 by the end of the 3rd zone. So depending on how well you play and how fast you can kill stuff you will be done in 4-6 hours. Pro tip if you have the heirloom gear that is good till 100 you can use it to get through to level 101 faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    You want the easy way, level all the characters you have to 101 where you get followers. Do all the player xp quests on them whenever they are available. Pick one character and just follow the story quests and do whatever else is in the area. Do not go chasing side quests except for professions and class quests. You can finish a zone in about an hour and a half add about 20 mins for the dungeon at the end and you are done so 2 hours a zone. If your character has rested XP they will hit 110 by the end of the 3rd zone. So depending on how well you play and how fast you can kill stuff you will be done in 4-6 hours. Pro tip if you have the heirloom gear that is good till 100 you can use it to get through to level 101 faster.
    Nope. Doesnt work like that. Unless Everything dies in 2 seconds it does not work like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    During leveling those dungeons are your "end-game" content - the hardest current content available to you. They're meant to feel challenging.
    Once you hit 110, that "hardest available"-bar moves to Mythic ToV (currently). Or in 5-man content, to Mythic and Mythic+

Go try run one of those with your fresh 110 and you'll find it helluva more challenging.
    The 880+ people obliterating dungeons is sort of a good thing, because you're currently not supposed to feel like they are "challenging" content. That bar moves together with the expansion age.
    ^this /thread

Nope. Doesnt work like that. Unless Everything dies in 2 seconds it does not work like that.
    Thanks tips but I just did it on my mage on Saturday...... but you know best. But hey you did a real good job at proving me wrong. Yes most of my characters have some gear(did the world invasion events to get gear and levels for all of them)but if you know to stay on track and follow a strict path it is that fast. Next is my Shaman next weekend, he is starting at level 102 because of the XP quests from class hall.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    Thanks tips but I just did it on my mage on Saturday...... but you know best. But hey you did a real good job at proving me wrong. Yes most of my characters have some gear(did the world invasion events to get gear and levels for all of them)but if you know to stay on track and follow a strict path it is that fast. Next is my Shaman next weekend, he is starting at level 102 because of the XP quests from class hall.
    For you it took you 4 hours. Not everyone can do it in 4 hours.
    To me it takes awhile and only gets faster the more alts i do. But its never going to be 4 hours for me

What I found in regular dungeons is that a lot of people doesn't know what they are doing or what the boss does. So it tends to go badly. In heroics people already run them lot's of times so they know what to expect which makes a far easier run. Also there are people who have 880+ ilvl and is doing heroics for the AP. If you have a one or two people who high ilvl then the dungeons becomes much easier. Heck even with my ilvl 866 hunter in AoE packs I can top at 1.1 to 1.3m dps and on regular AoE is aorund 550 to 850k. Boss dies quickly.

The same thing is happening in mythic + as well. You will see doing m+0 sucks coz more groups ilvl are 830 to 840 while m+1 and up you could have ppl in 880+ doing carry groups. Is not healthy for the game.

Deleted
    And thats the case since MoP - you are not supposed to level by dungeons alone

nothing 10 chars

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not any more, it was patched in 7.1. My druid took 5-6 runs per level, with rested xp most of the way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Drop some gold into 845 BoE's and dam near all classes can solo the leveling dungeons. I had a warlock in my group who was decked out in full BoE 845 gear at level 103 doing over 1 million dps.

Got to love ilvl 845 level 100 BoE gear.
    What a huge waste of gold, you could do a day's worth of world quests and end up near the same ilvl. I guess if you really need to blow stuff up while leveling? I'd just as soon wait until 110.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Caifas View Post
    Yup! If you have the moneyz, you can twink up your character with very strong gear. Don't know what is the best piece you could find, but I'm sure the guy I saw had 870s, and I found some reddit posts linking to armories with lv 101s with 860s.

So if you're rich you may want to own low level dungeons.
    I have a ilvl875 Six-Feather Fan lying around (lvl req 101) which I've tried to sell, obviously for a bit too much I guess I might just use it on my rogue (lv102) and go blow stuff up.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Yeah, heroics are balanced for 810, most people nowadays have 875+, you will never have a group that outgears the dungeon for 65 ilevels in normals.

I feel the same way about expansion progression in general. Vanilla was difficult, so how is it that the game only gets easier as we are about to face off against Sargeras...?

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    I felt like normal were harder than heroics last expansion too.
    this, i always feel this way once we get into an XPAC.

though if i recall they mentioned that they may bump up heroic difficulty around 7.2 and up the ilvl rewards.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Most I know and play with do it in around 4 hours. Some even did it faster than four hours on release.

If you take the scenic route thats your choice.