Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Better be adding achievements finally if they're going to go to paid online
    Ya Nintendo needs some kind of achievement system, even if they just called it achievements. Also tie it to the account and not the system pleaseeeeeeee.

(Zelda BOTW: Beat Gannon with the starter gear, In Under 2mins) lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    At some point I agree The Switch will be a amazing system. Just sucks there is only 3-ish big titles this year. Fire Emblem and others are not releasing this year, that just isn't happening.

Its a safe bet all the games in the 2017 bracket will be delayed.
    http://i.imgur.com/lxQKqFB.jpg

And clearly anything not on that list but was announced is not releasing this year at all.
    USF2, Minecraft, DBXV2, Steep and Sonic Mania are all ports. I see no reason why they wouldn't be out this year.

Fifa and NBA will likely be out on the yearly sports games season in autumn.

New games are likely to be delayed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not having a Joy-Con with a d-pad option is a crime against my fingers still.

Should be fine though really as I didn't intend to play 2D fighters on it anyway.

:/
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Not having a Joy-Con with a d-pad option is a crime against my fingers still.

Should be fine though really as I didn't intend to play 2D fighters on it anyway.

:/
    Looks like you'll have to pay 70 bucks for that pro controller
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

One of these numbers is not like the other, One of these numbers is not what I said.

You guys have fun, I got skills to level in OSRS.
    oh wow. you deflected over a typo. thank you for admitting you were wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    They will probably release a Switch Pro in 2 years with a tegra x2 or something. It wont be as powerful as a ps4 pro or Scorpio but it will be able to get ports for the last 2-4 years of its life. I think the Switch could be a sleeper hit. Who knows though.
    its far more likely we get a cheaper switch micro without a dock and with unremovable or cheaper joycons

- - - Updated - - -

rogers was 100% deadon with hardware and has been the entire time.

"About seven months ago, I was told by numerous sources that the NX would be a very controversial system. Nintendo wasn’t interested in releasing a product that directly competed with today’s consoles on the market. Instead, they wanted NX to be welcomed as an additional console in hardcore gamer’s homes. It was even Satoru Iwata himself who admitted way back in October 2013 that Nintendo wasn’t very good at competing.

I have been researching and investigating the NX since January.

On May 13th, I shot down any rumors claiming that NX had x86 architecture or Polaris GPUs. I said the system was struggling to even reach Xbox One levels of power.

On May 15th, I asked NateDrake to send a message to NeoGaf that Nvidia was involved with Nintendo’s future hardware.

I don’t expect many things to dramatically change between the prototype and the final product. Furthermore, I believe NX will hit its March launch without any delays because it is ahead of schedule.

Disclaimer: Everything in this blog post is rumor until proven otherwise. Please take everything with a grain of salt.

Here is what you can expect from the final retail product:

Custom Nvidia GPU chip
    Region Free (No region lock)
    Six inch (6.2 inch?) multi-touch screen (Heard nothing about a stylus)
    The touchscreen has 720p resolution.
    32GB of built-in internal storage
    SD card support
    Supports USB 2.0 and 3.0
    The dock has two 2.0 usb ports and one 3.0 usb port.
    The portable device is around 14 – 15 mm in thickness.
    The right analogue stick (or circle pad?) will be below the face buttons.
    Camera and microphone are not built into/inside the NX portable device.
    Cooling is still a little noisy
    Detachable controllers (motion controls and next-gen vibration technology) <– Everything Laura Kate Dale said in her article was correct.
    Share / Social button that Laura Kate Dale posted is true.
    There are *at least* two shoulder buttons.
    Battery Life — Ehhh not great. I haven’t heard an exact number of hours, but it doesn’t sound great.
    Below PS4 and XB1 in raw power.
    Supports Unreal Engine 4 and Unity Engine.

Note: I am not saying that NX won’t have a mic or camera. I am saying that the camera and mic aren’t built inside of the NX portable device.

I’ve heard that the info in this blog post is close to the final retail product. Take all of the information with a grain of salt because this is just a rumor. Could Emily Rogers be right? Or is she a pathological liar? I guess we’ll find out soon!"

https://arcadegirl64.wordpress.com/2...al-nx-product/
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I rag on Nintendo here lately but I really do hope The Switch does well. I plan to get one sometime in the future, That zelda looks soooooo goooood.

Always wanted to play Splatoon as well.
    You are a critic instead of a fanboy.

I wanted a Nintendo console as well (last one was snes) but when I looked at the WiiU outside of maybe 2 or 3 games I haven't really seen anything interesting in their lineup and it's the same with the Switch, and I'm not going to buy one just for 1 or 2 Zelda games that will get released every few years so it can gather dust.

Whatever fanboys say having a healthy support from 3e party developers is important, they need to develop games actively and with the system in mind and not as a afterthought.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post

I wanted a Nintendo console as well (last one was snes) but when I looked at the WiiU outside of maybe 2 or 3 games I haven't really seen anything interesting in their lineup and it's the same with the Switch, and I'm not going to buy one just for 1 or 2 Zelda games that will get released every few years so it can gather dust.

Whatever fanboys say having a healthy support from 3e party developers is important, they need to develop games actively and with the system in mind and not as a afterthought.
    This isn't just a successor to the wiiu though. The 3ds got 4 Zelda games (2 were remakes though) so far we've mostly seen home console type games but the switch will also get the smaller games as well. Pokemon, handheld Zelda's, monster hunter, fire emblem. And Reggie basically confirmed a Metroid game is in development the other day.

The first year isn't mind blowing but it's better than the 3ds which launched with nintendogs and pilotwings.

Most people who are disappointed are that way because they haven't yet fully realized Nintendo has essentially abandoned home consoles. All the devs who supported the 3ds will support the switch and my 3ds got a shit ton of playtime.

A Mario, a Zelda, and Splatoon and Mario kart year 1 for the 3ds successor is pretty good. The main downside is that regardless of hardware 300 is very pricey for a handheld.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Fan boys

I like nintendo but this console is the wrong direction.
    For you, maybe. I need good portable gaming more than another box in my living room.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    oh wow. you deflected over a typo. thank you for admitting you were wrong.
    Never admitted I was wrong because I wasn't. Just stopped arguing with a wall because its pointless.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I imagine by the end of the year or early next year tendon will announce a cheaper smaller handheld only switch ala 2ds

Let's be honest, while cool the joy cons are essentially modern day wiimotes and aside from 1 2 switch I don't think there are any games that require motion controls. Even arms has an option for traditional controls and that's the big new IP made to show it off (btw I feel like the only person in the world excited for arms)

So, make the screen smaller, remove motion control tech and have the joy con buttons built in, no dock, call it the switch micro sell it for 150- 200 and bundle it with Mario kart or Splatoon. Have it still be compatible with joy cons/wiimotes for Wii emulation ECT for those who own/buy more controllers

That is what I see happening.

I guess that's one way you can put it.

This isn't just a successor to the wiiu though. The 3ds got 4 Zelda games (2 were remakes though) so far we've mostly seen home console type games but the switch will also get the smaller games as well. Pokemon, handheld Zelda's, monster hunter, fire emblem. And Reggie basically confirmed a Metroid game is in development the other day.

The first year isn't mind blowing but it's better than the 3ds which launched with nintendogs and pilotwings.

Most people who are disappointed are that way because they haven't yet fully realized Nintendo has essentially abandoned home consoles. All the devs who supported the 3ds will support the switch and my 3ds got a shit ton of playtime.

A Mario, a Zelda, and Splatoon and Mario kart year 1 for the 3ds successor is pretty good. The main downside is that regardless of hardware 300 is very pricey for a handheld.
    that's a silly thing to say since the Switch is competing mostly with the PS4 and Xbone, calling it a hybrid and saying that it's not competing with Sony and Microsoft doesn't make it true.

if it wanted to be a successor to the DS then Nintendo should have stopped the production of the DS instead of the Wii U.

if it wanted to be a successor to the DS then Nintendo should have stopped the production of the DS instead of the Wii U.
    GBA didn't stop production until 3 years into the DSs life...

They can still sell 3DS/2DS in lower quantities at $100-200 price tags good luck to them trying to sell a $300 Wii U with a $300 Switch right next to it on the shelf.

I imagine by the end of the year or early next year tendon will announce a cheaper smaller handheld only switch ala 2ds

Let's be honest, while cool the joy cons are essentially modern day wiimotes and aside from 1 2 switch I don't think there are any games that require motion controls. Even arms has an option for traditional controls and that's the big new IP made to show it off (btw I feel like the only person in the world excited for arms)

So, make the screen smaller, remove motion control tech and have the joy con buttons built in, no dock, call it the switch micro sell it for 150- 200 and bundle it with Mario kart or Splatoon. Have it still be compatible with joy cons/wiimotes for Wii emulation ECT for those who own/buy more controllers

That is what I see happening.
    The time where things like motion control where popular are long gone though.

To me the motion control fad came during a period where games like Guitar Hero where really popular. Sure you still have people buying it and developers still make this crap but at this point it's a dying genre.

Maybe VR can bring back some (I'm not a believer in VR gaming in it's current version) but right currently gaming trend is to make games open-world like the Witcher and Skyrim.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm way more tempted to get a 2DS than a Switch, that game catalog is insane. However I tend to play on tablets or mobile now when I'm out and about.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

They can still sell 3DS/2DS in lower quantities at $100-200 price tags good luck to them trying to sell a $300 Wii U with a $300 Switch right next to it on the shelf.
    And thats not a argument.... just because they are still in production and people still buy them in small quantities. Sony was still developing cassettes until a few years ago while people aren't even buying CD's anymore.

In the end the Switch is mainly competing with the xbox and ps4

And thats not a argument.... just because they are still in production and people still buy them in small quantities. Sony was still developing cassettes until a few years ago while people aren't even buying CD's anymore.

In the end the Switch is mainly competing with the xbox and ps4
    If the switch was meant to compete with the Xbox One and PS4 it would be a home console strong as at least the XB1 and be getting easy port jobs onto it.

Clearly Nintendo is not trying to compete with them. You can argue Nintendo SHOULD try to compete with them, but they're clearly not trying to.

Clearly Nintendo is not trying to compete with them. You can argue Nintendo SHOULD try to compete with them, but they're clearly not trying to.
    The thing is weather Nintendo likes it or not they are completing with Sony and Microsoft. They are game maker's and that alone makes them completing. Another thing is tho they are now completing in the mobile market to boot.

Personally I have grown tired of both Nintendo and others saying they are not completing. If you make games you are completing with everyone else who makes games (Home Console Market). That's just how it works.

The Mom and Pop shop completes with Wal-Mart....

Now all 3 company's can ignore each other, but they are still completing. Right now Nintendo is completing with Sony mostly since The Switch is releasing right on top of a few Sony titles.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-01-16 at 03:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    that's a silly thing to say since the Switch is competing mostly with the PS4 and Xbone, calling it a hybrid and saying that it's not competing with Sony and Microsoft doesn't make it true.

It's arguable not even the WiiU were truly a competitor for the xb1 or ps4 market space.

Regardless, if that were the market segment they were aiming for they wouldn't be releasing the product they now are. They're trying to compete with mobile and handhelds, the later being a niche where their own biggest competitor is their own product. Sony shot themselves in the foot with the way they handled the Vita, and is practically a non factor there.

Nintendo knows how much performance their competitors are capable of and what they can do. If they were aiming to compete in that, they'd need a console that can actually do games at 1080/30fps at a similar quality as the base PS4.

If random forum goers realize this, there's no way the executives and hardware engineers at Nintendo doesn't.

Especially with the switch not being backwards compatible and slot of wiius best games getting ported

- - - Updated - - -

Nintendo says they intentionally made the joy cons look like a dog.

"Should we put a headphone jack on this?"

"Nah, don't waste time on that. Make it look like a dog"