Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    Other classes were changed as well though, keep that in mind. We're not going to be at the top, but we're sure as hell not going to be at the bottom. That's completely fine with me
    the only spec below us will be feral, every other underperforming spec got better buffs. Ret pally wasn't even touched when it's miles on top with CoF trinket and the 3 OP relics. Not to mention the fact movement is an issue, so we'll probably be below feral anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    These class changes probably wouldn't be bothering me so much if they were at least acknowledging the problem. We've gotten nothing but complete silence from them. Feels like a big middle finger.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotishdwarf View Post
    the only spec below us will be feral, every other underperforming spec got better buffs. Ret pally wasn't even touched when it's miles on top with CoF trinket and the 3 OP relics. Not to mention the fact movement is an issue, so we'll probably be below feral anyway
    Well Marksman maybe. Beast Mastery is getting a pretty decent buff, should be at least middle of the pack if not higher. You're not going to have all 3 specs at the top of the meters all of the time. Just wait till the actual content is released and see how it preforms with the 2-4 set bonuses before making any rash assumptions, even more so wait to see how it looks before getting insanely angry.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Hunters are just so shit right now that I rerolled, never thought that would happen to be honest.
    I picked a hunter over shaman for my free 100 boost back in August with the mindset hunters have historically been more "stable" than shamans when it comes to class design. A decision I am now seriously regretting.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    These class changes probably wouldn't be bothering me so much if they were at least acknowledging the problem. We've gotten nothing but complete silence from them. Feels like a big middle finger.
    On top of that, the stat priority favoring primary stats is not even close to fixed for MM. On any given sim with the tons of gear I have banked because fo the promised changes, at least two stats are more valuable than agility STILL. Why do I still have to use 865ilvl crap when I have two other drops 880+ for the same slot? very frustrating.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    ATM, but come tomorrow, things should be a bit different
    7% on BM which is already bottom of the meters with a 5.4% increase from 4 set tier according to Sims - Yeah not going to change anything.
    8% on MM which is already 2nd bottom of the meters with a 7.4% increase from 4 set tier according to Sims - Yeah, not going to change anything.

7% on BM which is already bottom of the meters with a 5.4% increase from 4 set tier according to Sims - Yeah not going to change anything.
    8% on MM which is already 2nd bottom of the meters with a 7.4% increase from 4 set tier according to Sims - Yeah, not going to change anything.
    was referring to the poster i quoted about shamans. not about hunters. on topic however, would you rather they DIDNT buff you at all? i mean seems kinda like you guys get nerfed, then getting buffed back (maybe not enough but the process isnt over either) and you are still griping?

was referring to the poster i quoted about shamans. not about hunters. on topic however, would you rather they DIDNT buff you at all? i mean seems kinda like you guys get nerfed, then getting buffed back (maybe not enough but the process isnt over either) and you are still griping?
    I'd much rather Arcane and Multi Shot at least doubled in focus generation, and Multi Shot's radius greatly increased than a simple damage boost. This would make the rotation feel much better and increase our performance.

Quote Originally Posted by kiltedjock View Post
    can you link that twitter comment?
    https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...06063118643200

Deleted
    If you get nerfed by 50% (making up numbers) and then buffed by 8% it really isn't a buff.
    They took away the only thing we were actually good at which was cleave (spread AOE) and there was only 1 fight where it was actually usefull (helya) and not useless number padding for the meters.

Here is boss damage back in 7.0:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...ssdps&region=1

We went from having a small niche to having NOTHING at all + having the worst shit rotation on the planet. Who the fuck came up arcane shot generating 5 focus. Fuck.

What I want is for them to take their heads out of their asses and actually fix the class they have been screwing with the past 4 months.
    If I am a pure dps spec with all 3 of my specs (surv doesn't count anyway seeing I did not roll a hunter 9 years ago to play a shittier version of a rogue) the one of my specs need to have something niche that makes it wanted or is just good and in the top 5.
    At the moment the only thing we as a hunters bring is the laugh factor to entertain the rest of the raid.
    We are the jesters of the raid group.
    Last edited by mmoc8b9477f07c; 2017-01-16 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by samao View Post
    I'd much rather Arcane and Multi Shot at least doubled in focus generation, and Multi Shot's radius greatly increased than a simple damage boost. This would make the rotation feel much better and increase our performance.
    im sure there will be more to come. hunters have realistically never been the absolute bottom. it is possible, but not likely. 7.1.5 has been out 6 days and there are tons of classes (not just hunters) thinking the world is going to end. if anything i would point the finger at blizz for not paying close enough attention to data from the ptr. its what its for. seems in the past several patches they completely ignore input from testers and data alike.

- - - Updated - - -

If you get nerfed by 50% (making up numbers) and then buffed by 8% it really isn't a buff.
    They took away the only thing we were actually good at which was cleave (spread AOE) and there was only 1 fight where it was actually usefull (helya) and not useless number padding for the meters.

Here is boss damage back in 7.0:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...bossdps®ion=1

We went from having a small niche to having NOTHING at all + having the worst shit rotation on the planet. Who the fuck came up arcane shot generating 5 focus. Fuck.

What I want is for them to take their heads out of their asses and actually fix the class they have been screwing with the past 4 months.
    If I am a pure dps spec with all 3 of my specs (surv doesn't count anyway seeing I did not roll a hunter 9 years ago to play a shittier version of a rogue) the one of my specs need to have something niche that makes it wanted or is just good and in the top 5.
    At the moment the only thing we as a hunters bring is the laugh factor to entertain the rest of the raid.
    We are the jesters of the raid group.
    disagree some here man lets be real.
    i know hunters took it in the shorts. i know this. so did other classes. enhancement was a complete rotation rework, and it was SO bad that a lot of it is getting reverted/buffed. you dont have to act like the only victim in the room is what im saying. give it some time to balance out. i was totally willing to take what was given to me on my enh shaman and roll with it. did i like it? fuck no, but im a decent of enough player that the changes didnt effect me near as much as other enh shamans whined about. i know hunters suffered some but our raiding hunter is still very competitive.

Deleted
    About playstyle it was clear long before Beta is over that anything beside SW/PS simply will not work proper
    About the buff OP seems miss the fact that these classes who are 100k ahead will suffer from nerfbat starting with mighty Shadow priests who get around 17% nerf on their DPS that is prety huge
    If these 8% are not enough there will be more bufs in the week before mythic i`m sure of that because for the all these 12 years blizzard do the same thing every time in first patches of expansion
    Personally i do not care how much DPS my hunter do what i care is do i will be in the raid when bad dude falls down and collect my shiny loot achievements mounts and titles on time if the others do 100k more than me i`m fine less damage i do less responsible i will be
    Also if SVV is in middle but BM/MM are at botom guess what spec i will go to play even that is melee in Legion does not mater much we have heavy melee setups and did not get in any troubles
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2017-01-16 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adalwolf View Post
    A 8% buff is HUGE, you don't know what you're talking about. The issue with MM is that they changed how abilities function and made the class overall unplayable. If they didn't like Sidewinders being the best build, they could have just reverted MM to how it was at Warlords of Draenor.
    percent buffs are not huge or little, depends on the absolute value they refer to.

if an attack does 100 8%buff means it would do 108, are 8 points a HUGE? well if every class had an attack which does 100, then it would be. But since every other dps spec make hunter ones sweep the floor even with the "HUGE" buff then the buff is not really HUGE.

Hunter specs fail at design, clunkyness and awful sinergy, and in top of that we have now the numbers issue.

im sure there will be more to come. hunters have realistically never been the absolute bottom. it is possible, but not likely. 7.1.5 has been out 6 days and there are tons of classes (not just hunters) thinking the world is going to end. if anything i would point the finger at blizz for not paying close enough attention to data from the ptr. its what its for. seems in the past several patches they completely ignore input from testers and data alike.
    Yeah. My concern is they make these knee jerk reactions and then leave them in when they go for a real fix and have to balance around them resulting in something less than ideal.

Take week 1 of the PTR where Sidewinders no longer applied Vulnerable. That was bad because they also forgot to implement the Marked Shot not being affected by Vulnerable change, so everyone cried out and they reverted it. Now we have Sidewinders applying Vulnerable which conflicts with the new Patient Sniper where you want to refresh the debuff as little as possible and so the rotation is clunkier overall. Do I want focus now or do I want to go for a big, efficient Aimed Shot? Neither feels natural because you're either gonna be wasting optimal Vulnerable uptime or standing around waiting for passive focus regen.

Quote Originally Posted by samao View Post
    Yeah. My concern is they make these knee jerk reactions and then leave them in when they go for a real fix and have to balance around them resulting in something less than ideal.

Take week 1 of the PTR where Sidewinders no longer applied Vulnerable. That was bad because they also forgot to implement the Marked Shot not being affected by Vulnerable change, so everyone cried out and they reverted it. Now we have Sidewinders applying Vulnerable which conflicts with the new Patient Sniper where you want to refresh the debuff as little as possible and so the rotation is clunkier overall. Do I want focus now or do I want to go for a big, efficient Aimed Shot? Neither feels natural because you're either gonna be wasting optimal Vulnerable uptime or standing around waiting for passive focus regen.
    truth be told i have not liked hunter since this expansion release. lol. it does play a bit dumb.
    (MM of course)
    Last edited by MasterOfNone; 2017-01-16 at 03:55 PM.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

disagree some here man lets be real.
    i know hunters took it in the shorts. i know this. so did other classes. enhancement was a complete rotation rework, and it was SO bad that a lot of it is getting reverted/buffed. you dont have to act like the only victim in the room is what im saying. give it some time to balance out. i was totally willing to take what was given to me on my enh shaman and roll with it. did i like it? fuck no, but im a decent of enough player that the changes didnt effect me near as much as other enh shamans whined about. i know hunters suffered some but our raiding hunter is still very competitive.
    My main alt is - as I said my shaman. It was Enhancement as elemental sucked and I did well.
    The patch destroyed it and I rerolled to elemental on it - was weapon 35 on both specs anyway and the stat prio was the same so it diden't matter to me.
    So I understand what you are talking about, but that was only 1 SPEC out of 3.

For hunters its ALL 3 specs, I can't even go to a different spec on my hunter as these suck as well.

Also if the hunters in your raid are competitive then they are AMAZING while the rest of your raid just isn't.
    Sorry to say, but thats the truth.

Thought I was in the DK forums for a second there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baenesur View Post
    Top specs are getting nerfed (Read: Shadow Priest).
    Whining about buffs are just stupid. Quite sure Hunters will STILL be in a good spot.

I'm happy for my 9% buff on Lightning Bolt.
    They are in an ok spot, but that's not the problem, it's the rotation that could be enough to cause a slow and painful death from playing it.

Luck for me guild lost a tank, so just switched to my druid tank. Hunter is fubar, better luck next xpac.

My main alt is - as I said my shaman. It was Enhancement as elemental sucked and I did well.
    The patch destroyed it and I rerolled to elemental on it - was weapon 35 on both specs anyway and the stat prio was the same so it diden't matter to me.
    So I understand what you are talking about, but that was only 1 SPEC out of 3.

For hunters its ALL 3 specs, I can't even go to a different spec on my hunter as these suck as well.

Also if the hunters in your raid are competitive then they are AMAZING while the rest of your raid just isn't.
    Sorry to say, but thats the truth.
    hes good for sure, but the others are not bad. dont confuse what im getting at here. im not saying hunters arent low dps. they are lower yes. its a fact. im saying in a raid style format with mechanics and many other things, dps is subjective to a certain degree. lets take the most power dps class and let that person get hit with every random boss ability where they have to move/fuck up their rotation. lets say the hunter does not get targeted once. in this case alone (which is possible and does happen), the best dps will probably get overshadowed by even the nerfed hunter. im not saying you dont need a buff, im saying a good player is a good player and dps can come and go depending on the needs of the fight and what mechanics are thrown your way.